BRAVO 9 ACTUAL

Cod Ghosts: Is It Dead?

Many news agencies have reported that the latest edition into the CoD franchise has had the worst reviews in years. What has CoD developers done wrong some may ask? Most would point to consistent repetition with little innovation or new features since CoD 4. Others would point to EA's Juggernaut Battlefield finally winning it's war over the better franchise. For me? I don't like that last claim since CoD is to Checkers what Battlefield is the Chess; They're completely different. 

http://stcommunities.straitstimes.com/tv/2013/11/05/call-duty-ghosts-could-be-worst-reviewed-mainline-cod-game-years

Destructiod has even called the game quote, "A disappointing step backwards from CoD Black Ops II."

What do you think? Sure it has sales, but do you all think that we are now seeing the death throes for the CoD franchise? Or is this just a one off fluke that isn't as bad as game critics are calling it?

well the way i look at is well let me say this. and im sorry to the people who love bo1 and bo2. blackops was shit. both of them. activision cant make good quality games like infinity ward. like mw1,mw2,mw3 were sweet! im leaving now to get ghosts and by the vids ive seen its 1000% better then black ops series! i boughtbo2 and when i beat it i stoped playing it. it got boring and lagging due to them fixing and adding junk to it. but anything with infinity ward is SWEET!

Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens | U.S. Marshals Office Lexington, KY

30 Seconds... 20 Seconds... 10 BANG BANG!! You do know were not able to shoot people on site anymore? He pulled first! - Season 1 Opener

COD 2 is my favorite version of the game. I stopped buying them after MW3, because it just didn't feel realistic anymore. In COD 2, the health system was much better and guns were much more realistic. World at War had better graphics and some sweet maps and a good story, but the damage was beginning to feel more arcade and fake. The newer games feel like they were developed exclusively for 10 year-olds who have no real skill or knowledge of real weaponry or battle tactics.

Ghosts was doomed before it even hit the shelves, IGN's review of Battlefield 4 was:

"Frostbite and Battlefield 4 put CoD: Ghosts to shame"

I gave up on that franchise after Modern Warfare 2

20131029-114237-599x400.jpg

EDIT: Whilst searching for the above photo, I did find this hilarious comment by a member on the IGN forums:

everyone knows Battlefield will never be as successful as CoD, they need to stop trying to compete and just do their own thing

Processor: Intel i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz 

GPU: MSI ARMOR GeForce GTX 1080 OC

Ram: 16GB Skylake

Ghosts was doomed before it even hit the shelves, IGN's review of Battlefield 4 was:

"Frostbite and Battlefield 4 put CoD: Ghosts to shame"

I gave up on that franchise after Modern Warfare 2

20131029-114237-599x400.jpg

so BF4 is suppose to better? how? the graphics? how they made it?  the only thing i wish COD would do is make buildings destory when shot with rpgs and things. but dont add tanks and helis. not as fun!

30 Seconds... 20 Seconds... 10 BANG BANG!! You do know were not able to shoot people on site anymore? He pulled first! - Season 1 Opener

so BF4 is suppose to better? how? the graphics? how they made it?

1. Ability to deform maps via explosions allowing for dynamic cover, some levels allow you to blow up the road above it as seen in some trailers

2. Vehicles are available and there is a wide range of them which makes for some pretty epic gameplay moments (Hence the Only In Battlefield thing)

3. Graphics don't make a game, I'll take mechanics and gameplay over them anyday.

4. You can sprint without being tired, its something thats always annoyed me in Call of Duty. You're supposed to be a trained member of the military yet you cannot run more than a few meters?

Personally, I enjoy Battlefield much more than I do Call of Duty. I'm not getting into a fight over it.

Processor: Intel i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz 

GPU: MSI ARMOR GeForce GTX 1080 OC

Ram: 16GB Skylake

1. Ability to deform maps via explosions allowing for dynamic cover, some levels allow you to blow up the road above it as seen in some trailers

2. Vehicles are available and there is a wide range of them which makes for some pretty epic gameplay moments (Hence the Only In Battlefield thing)

3. Graphics don't make a game, I'll take mechanics and gameplay over them anyday.

4. You can sprint without being tired, its something thats always annoyed me in Call of Duty. You're supposed to be a trained member of the military yet you cannot run more than a few meters?

Personally, I enjoy Battlefield much more than I do Call of Duty. I'm not getting into a fight over it.

i see. im not trying to fight about it. i was courious i really love the 3. Graphics don't make a game, I'll take mechanics and gameplay over them anyday.  because i dont care about graphics. the people who complaina bout xbox is better than ps3 because of graphics who cares. its your opinion. but no one cares. but once it was funny that i heard this someone i was playing with on ps3. so this 9 year old kid gets on here and starts talking about how xbox is better with there graphics. so of course my friend said 1. your on a ps3. not a xbox. 2. you got to pay to play xbox live. and they kid lost it. he raged quit. then the whole team died laughing at that kid. that was a sweet day in mw3. i almost had to send him a pm and say "suck it up" but someone beat me to it! :]

I get this shit for free, so I will play through the CoD:Ghosts Single Player campaign, I'm sure I'll like it, as I've enjoyed every other Infinity Ward game in the past.

how? i want to. :]

Life Hacks (I get my games free through Steam via a special account)

oh ok. dangit i want a special account. :]

No its NOT  dead 

I've played literally every ver of the game and have every ver of the game including ghosts 

problem with CoD is they don't do a damn thing about hackers really anymore that's the reason its slowly dieing if they take care of the hackers their sales would sky rocket back up

and  yes I also have every ver of battlefield and play it as well including battlefield 4

My Latest Files 

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/7083-liberty-city-based-on-seattle-10-part-1/   - Seattle Base

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/6862-lc-based-on-new-oreleans-skin-pack-10-part-1/      - New Oreleans based   

Keep you eye  on this thread ;-)

https://www.lcpdfr.com/topic/43278-k-9-police-9-wip-rel-thread/

No its NOT  dead 

I've played literally every ver of the game and have every ver of the game including ghosts 

problem with CoD is they don't do a damn thing about hackers really anymore that's the reason its slowly dieing if they take care of the hackers their sales would sky rocket back up

this your own opinion or is it from a review source? Links?

but as far as military games go its all about arma.

Simulation games maybe, Call of Duty isn't even in the same ballpark in regards to simulation, so I usually don't compare.

As for this new game, it's not bad, though I find it plays very similarly to Black Ops, which I actually don't like.

In regards to the story, it's pretty good, but nothing as good compared to the Modern Warfare series.

Feels like it's the same engine, not exact, but the shooting, the animations and walking feels the same. Even the story feels like something Treyarch wrote.

Yeah it's starting to feel like the Madden NFL series, where they change a couple superfluous details and release it as a new game.

I'm sorry but I had to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxRf90LWK9c

Other than the new vegetation on some of the maps, it feels like all the other CoD games that have came out in recent years. Battlefield 4 on the other hand may just be the CoD killer, and as a Battlefielder, I hope it is. 

The latest Battlefield game I played was Bad Company I and II, and I absolutely loved 'em both. Then along came Battlefield 3 (and 4) and I just didn't find the same enjoyment (mainly because I'm more of a Singleplayer guy) as I did in Bad Company. This is my opinion though, I'm not saying that the later games are bad, poorly made etc I'm just saying that they did not appeal to me.

Edited by ineseri

"Don't quote me on that" - ineseri

The latest Battlefield game I played was Bad Company I and II, and I absolutely loved 'em both. Then along came Battlefield 3 (and 4) and I just didn't find the same enjoyment (mainly because I'm more of a Singleplayer guy) as I did in Bad Company. This is my opinion though, I'm not saying that the later games are bad, poorly made etc I'm just saying that they did not appeal to me.

DICE mainly focuses on the multiplayer aspect rather than the singleplayer where as Activision (or whoever owns/develops Call of Duty now) deliver a good singleplayer story but a not so good multiplayer, in my opinion at-least. 

Simulation games maybe, Call of Duty isn't even in the same ballpark in regards to simulation, so I usually don't compare.

As for this new game, it's not bad, though I find it plays very similarly to Black Ops, which I actually don't like.

In regards to the story, it's pretty good, but nothing as good compared to the Modern Warfare series.

Feels like it's the same engine, not exact, but the shooting, the animations and walking feels the same. Even the story feels like something Treyarch wrote.

I didn't like Black Ops, and I kinda hated Black Ops II. I really hope it ain't some sort of Infinity Ward-made Black Ops III, 'cause that would mean I've wasted 35 euros (game is still downloading)...