revar

Policehelper script error

I installed LCPDFR mod and Policehelper, game patch 1.0.7.0. All works fine but after 10-20 minutes i see message ingame in left? corner about error script and policehelper dont work more when i press X. I checked the ScriptHook file log, and i saw:

2013-09-05 15:08:30 - Error during Tick in script 'vdH.PHelper':

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
                         at Scripting.?A0xf88de8d2.GetCharCoordinates(Int32 , Single* , Single* , Single* )
                         at GTA.World.GetPeds(Vector3 Position, Single Radius, Int32 MaxAmount)
                         at vdH.CalloutManager.WorldEvent_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                         at GTA.Timer.EachTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                         at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                         at GTA.Script.DoTick()
                         at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()
2013-09-05 15:08:30 - Error in Thread.Abort:
                      System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
                         at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
                         at System.Threading.Thread.Abort()
                         at GTA.NetThread.Abort()

It happens all time when i run game and start play. Anyone know whats the problem, and how to fix it? ;(
Edited by revar

Try typing 'reloadscripts' in the script commandline (bring it up with the 'tilde' key, located above tab). After that process is complete, force duty with LeftCtrl+P. 

Make sure that you are running the game as a administrator by going to GTA IV folder, right click on GTAIV.exe, Properties, Compatibility and select 'Run this program as administrator', also do the same exact thing to the LaunchGTAIV.exe. Download and extract Scripthook.dll and ScripthookDotNet.asi files to your GTA IV directory. (http://www.hazardx.com/details.php?file=83)

Ok thanks, i done what you said, now i go test, hope it help :) I have question because when I press alt+P and active mod, i see something like glow effect (low sharpness). If I press alt+P again (disable mod) all is in norm. Any ideas?

Edited by revar

Ok thanks, i done what you said, now i go test, hope it help :) I have question because when I press alt+P and active mod, i see something like glow effect (low sharpness). If I press alt+P again (disable mod) all is in norm. Any ideas?

It's normal. It's actually just "P" that triggers it, so press "P" to toggle the blurry effect. 

Wow i didnt know that thanks ;D Unfortunately i had script error again ;f but the command in console help me :) I have to do it all time after 10-20 minutes when i get an error? ;/ It's very annoing especially when i'm at mission and that i have to go to police station and start again.

Wow i didnt know that thanks ;D Unfortunately i had script error again ;f but the command in console help me :) I have to do it all time after 10-20 minutes when i get an error? ;/ It's very annoing especially when i'm at mission and that i have to go to police station and start again.

You don't have to go back if you read what I said ;) You force duty with LeftCtrl+P, avoiding going to the station again. Don't do this when starting the game though, only after reloading scripts. 

This looks like the error that happens either when the script is trying to use something that no longer exists (which shouldn't happen due to the amount of checks Abraxas has put in place to prevent that causing the script from crashing) or it's just because the game is overloading with things to do. After playing for a while, especially with a lot of scripts, GTA because more and more unstable due to the amount of things the scripts are asking it to do. Abraxas, however, would have more knowledge on what really is the cause.

For future reference, the >vdH Police Helper topic would be a better place to post instead of making a new topic. This way Abraxas will see the problem and will be able to assist you (well, when he gets back from vacation). Also, your question may have already been answered in that topic.

You don't have to go back if you read what I said ;) You force duty with LeftCtrl+P, avoiding going to the station again. Don't do this when starting the game though, only after reloading scripts. 

Ah it works but i dont see police stations on minimap ;/ And once i had wanted level ;o Now i have other problem, 3 times my character (niko) disappearedAll I can see of him is his weapon which is floating in mid air like he's the invisible man. Restarting the game usually solves the problem, but it is annoying because it happens on average 1 in every 3 times I start it up.

Ah it works but i dont see police stations on minimap ;/ And once i had wanted level ;o Now i have other problem, 3 times my character (niko) disappearedAll I can see of him is his weapon which is floating in mid air like he's the invisible man. Restarting the game usually solves the problem, but it is annoying because it happens on average 1 in every 3 times I start it up.

If you are using the trainer, you can disable wanted level to work around that bug. 

Same if the user model is invisible, you can spawn a new one with the trainer (http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/simple-trainer-version-65-f2115). Hope this helps! :)

I will try this, but i have no idea how to install this trainer ;d Copy and past all files to main gta4 folder?

Just as it says in the read me. 

Ok installed. But now after few minutes playing i had all cars in the city only taxi.. next time all cars was police cars wtf?

Now i can't use signal alarm only horn. And an option from trainer don't fix the problem with invisible niko character ;/

Now i can't use signal alarm only horn. And an option from trainer don't fix the problem with invisible niko character ;/

Are you using ELS? Because ELS has it's own siren key. 

Did you spawn a character? Because that works for me! 

Yes I installed ELS but I use only J,K,L keys and H for sound signal. It's not possible to press only one key to activate it? The problem is, that it don't work for FBI car (buffalo) ;/

When you force duty, make sure you start LCPDFR first with Alt-P. Then you press CTRL-P.

Edited by willpv23