Sign in to follow this  
JSDGraphics

Area model mod

I know that there is the area livery mod and that may be the perfect mod for some people but it however isn't for me because in my game I have all the emergency service cars in LCPD/NYPD scheme and when I saw this mod I thought i'd make Alderney into Newark by making a Alderney/Newark police skin and putting as one of the skins and setting that skin and that skin only to Alderney. But then I realised all the Alderney/Newark skins would be on cars with FedSig Visions and NPD doesn't have them. So what I am wanting to know is if there is a script that can make maybe police2 spawn only in alderney, just so I could have a car model that looks like a NPD police car in alderney without it looking out of place with a NYPD lightbar, thanks!

I think you can change this sort of thing in the configuration files (.DAT, .IDE etc.) - it's been done for the State Troopers (who get replaced with normal cops) so perhaps it is possible with vehicle spawning.

However, if you are using a traffic fix, it probably won't work.

I know that there is the area livery mod and that may be the perfect mod for some people but it however isn't for me because in my game I have all the emergency service cars in LCPD/NYPD scheme and when I saw this mod I thought i'd make Alderney into Newark by making a Alderney/Newark police skin and putting as one of the skins and setting that skin and that skin only to Alderney. But then I realised all the Alderney/Newark skins would be on cars with FedSig Visions and NPD doesn't have them. So what I am wanting to know is if there is a script that can make maybe police2 spawn only in alderney, just so I could have a car model that looks like a NPD police car in alderney without it looking out of place with a NYPD lightbar, thanks!

So far nothing around has done the ALM-style vehicle model changing. It would be a very nice thing to have, though.

I think you can change this sort of thing in the configuration files (.DAT, .IDE etc.) - it's been done for the State Troopers (who get replaced with normal cops) so perhaps it is possible with vehicle spawning.

The only change that can be made is different vehicles spawning as the patrol vehicles, by changing the first two listed in cargrp. I've heard of no other change that can be made.

AFAIK it's hardcoded.