Sign in to follow this  
Sonny236

ELS v7/Mods causing frequent crash.

**Not sure if right section**

Well obviously this is going to happen because ELS v7 is as im guessing kind of unstable, but using ELS 7 and other mods like LCPDFR causes me frequent crashing (Not SMPA60 as much as GTAIV.exe has stopped working).

So basically if I call too much backup OR do too many pursuits (If I do about 3 pursuits thats the games limit), I crash.

ELS for AI is enabled, Is there any way to make it so its not as like...detailed to say (and i mean ELS, My games settings are on lowest possible because of my craptop).

I'll continue looking through the .ini file but I'm certian it's ELS cause of all the lights flashing at a pursuit or shootout, Which causes lots of lag as well.

Anything I can do? I'm not downgrading to els 6 or 5.

In the ELS.ini file change the following:

Ai_Els_Sp = on
Ai_Els_Mp = on

to:

Ai_Els_Sp = off
Ai_Els_Mp = off

That way the AI won't have ELS and it'll be less intensive on your computer

ELS V7 is the most stable thing you can find, better than anti-seismic buildings; the thing making you crash is AI distance. To fix it find the correspondent line into the ELS.ini & replace it with this:

Els_Range_Pl = 400
Els_Range_Ai = 850

to:

This solution is not really recommended as it will look very unrealistic.

Edited by sKuare

Ai_Els_Sp = on
Ai_Els_Mp = on

to:

Ai_Els_Sp = off
Ai_Els_Mp = off

No, That looks stupid.

ELS V7 is the most stable thing you can find, better than anti-seismic buildings; the thing making you crash is AI distance. To fix it find the correspondent line into the ELS.ini & replace it with this:

Els_Range_Pl = 400

Els_Range_Ai = 850

This solution is not really recommended as it will look very unrealistic.

I'll try your solution, But let me ask - What does it exactly do? I'm guessing it changes the range of ELS flash/lights but how would increasing the number solve it? My Player one is set to 296, AI is about 190. What would increasing it do.

That's the distance at where the ELS lights should work. Calling backup & the backup unit is out of that range, will cause the game to crash. So if you do it like I said it will never crash :)

That's the distance at where the ELS lights should work. Calling backup & the backup unit is out of that range, will cause the game to crash. So if you do it like I said it will never crash :)

+1 rep for you, I've been playing the game for 2-3 hours now with no crash and only minor texture fuck-ups, Been in about 5 pursuits and still going smooth.

Thanks.