CaptainScholtens

GTA IV Fatal error

its a car mod error i believe its when you have a car at your safehouse and replace it. but the game will still try to load the old car. so i would restore the cars you replaced

I had that error when I saved a modded car in the safehouse parking spot. I would delete your savegame and start the storyline over. Also Did you save as a Officer? 

All you have to do is drive the car off the save-spot, go back into the safehouse and save the game.  Then exit the game entirely, restart and load the game you just saved.  That will clear the lot of the modded car and you can play without issue. 

I do that all the time, as I'll forget that I saved a car at my safehouse, then I'll change that car to soemting else, and boom...game crashes after I drive a block or two.

DrDetroit

That error is the same error you originally posted about.

Like many other replies said, that is related to a car mod.

You most likely saved a modded car at the safehouse, and then replaced it.

I'd say put the car back in your game, remove it from the safehouse spot outside, go in and save the game, load the saved game, and it should work.

When this happens to me, I just restart the game, save it right away, and load the saved game, and that usually fixes it.

Best,

KRI