Caesar

Game crashes after loading!

Hey guys, I was working on my car, when I started my game it crashed after it was done loading. I didnt even get to see the appartment. So I thought, "its just a crash that happens every once in awhile", so I restarted my game...over, over, over, and over again. And still would crash. So then again I thought, maybe its my Charger....I replaced it with a Waterloo Crown Vic..and still crashes...I didnt change a single thing, other than the police.wft and police.wtd file...

Please help! I dont feel like doing a fresh re-install again!

Thanks,

RobertB

For troubleshooting purposes, move your savegame folder to a backup location (so that GTA is forced to load a new game).  See if it still crashes.  This will indicate whether or not the savegame file is corrupted.

For troubleshooting purposes, move your savegame folder to a backup location (so that GTA is forced to load a new game).  See if it still crashes.  This will indicate whether or not the savegame file is corrupted.

I will try that, Thanks!

Did you saved your game whilst on duty?

Nope

I recommend re-installing your Vehicles.img. You can download the Vanilla file if you don't have a backup. http://www.gta-downloads.com/en/gta4/file-backups/

I will try that after Icongraphy's idea! Thanks! 

EDIT: Ok, I have tried all of those ideas. And I still crash...guess I am going to reinstall...

Edited by RobertB

Did you edit either the handling.dat or the vehicles.ide?

Oh, well, thats a tough problem you have there.

Do you guys do scripts?

DrDetroit

EDIT: Whoops...somehow my post landed on the wrong thread!

Sorry guys,

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

On 7/5/2013 at 11:06 PM, Caesar said:

Hey guys, I was working on my car, when I started my game it crashed after it was done loading. I didnt even get to see the appartment. So I thought, "its just a crash that happens every once in awhile", so I restarted my game...over, over, over, and over again. And still would crash. So then again I thought, maybe its my Charger....I replaced it with a Waterloo Crown Vic..and still crashes...I didnt change a single thing, other than the police.wft and police.wtd file...

Thanks,

RobertB

I have the same problem! I have LCPDFR 1.0 and its works for me, I was play that month ago, but yesterday, before I play LCPDFR, I was use Spark IV download some cops uniforms, and head. when i inside the  police station go on duty choose the cop mod, I didn't see the cops uniforms that i install, so I was just force quit the game, didn't turn off the LCPDFR. After I install cops uniform again, I open the game, start crash! its like load into the game, shows load successful just after 1 second! screen turn into black and said loading, but not respond anything, and then game quit an error said restart ur game, or sometimes LCPDFR ERROE REPORTER said ur game crash. So I was uninstall and install my LCPDFR many times, even I install the new LCPDFR 1.1, still crash like I said. I just broke my game but I dont know how, only thing i did unusual is when i in police station I just click quit the game.... 

I still didn't fix it until now, today! I don't know what to do, and how to fix it, I also did uninstall the whole GTA 4 game, and then install LCPDFR still crash! Also I have some other mods in my game :  "police car mods, trainer, policehelper, weapons, weapon sounds, NYPD siren, snow mod, rush hour, coroner mod, ambulance car mod, NY taxi car mod, police helicopter mod, fly US security car mod, ELS v8.5, LCPD speed radar and first person mod. " 

Don't mind me I just list all the mod Ihave in the game, but before yesterday, I run all these mods with LCPDFR works well no problem. I don't think it's the mods problems. If I uninstall LCPDFR game stop crash, but I was completed all the missions so I really like play LCPDFR. I'm pretty sure is the LCPFR problem, made me crash. 

Everyone who knows how to fix LCPDFR crash! PLEASE!

I really appreciate! 'o'

I don't care use remote control to see what's going on for my game!  and the game file. please help me out!  

On 7/5/2013 at 0:06 AM, Caesar said:

Thanks,

RobertB

did you check by chance to see if you have an oldsession? this used to happen to me everytime i changed a car. but what i kinda figured out is that say you put a new car in and then play and quit playing. you exit and quit yourself..when you go back on the game loads fine. BUT if you change a car, play, then the game crashes, the next time you load the game up it crashes again. it always seemed to me that it had to do with that oldsession. like the game was trying to reload but couldnt understand what that new car is doing so it just crashes. this may not help you not one bit but try to see if you can delete an oldsession. then try it again. if that doesnt do anything lemme know and i'll try to trouble shoot a little more.

7 hours ago, -fish- said:

I have the same problem! I have LCPDFR 1.0 and its works for me, I was play that month ago, but yesterday, before I play LCPDFR, I was use Spark IV download some cops uniforms, and head. when i inside the  police station go on duty choose the cop mod, I didn't see the cops uniforms that i install, so I was just force quit the game, didn't turn off the LCPDFR. After I install cops uniform again, I open the game, start crash! its like load into the game, shows load successful just after 1 second! screen turn into black and said loading, but not respond anything, and then game quit an error said restart ur game, or sometimes LCPDFR ERROE REPORTER said ur game crash. So I was uninstall and install my LCPDFR many times, even I install the new LCPDFR 1.1, still crash like I said. I just broke my game but I dont know how, only thing i did unusual is when i in police station I just click quit the game.... 

I still didn't fix it until now, today! I don't know what to do, and how to fix it, I also did uninstall the whole GTA 4 game, and then install LCPDFR still crash! Also I have some other mods in my game :  "police car mods, trainer, policehelper, weapons, weapon sounds, NYPD siren, snow mod, rush hour, coroner mod, ambulance car mod, NY taxi car mod, police helicopter mod, fly US security car mod, ELS v8.5, LCPD speed radar and first person mod. " 

Don't mind me I just list all the mod Ihave in the game, but before yesterday, I run all these mods with LCPDFR works well no problem. I don't think it's the mods problems. If I uninstall LCPDFR game stop crash, but I was completed all the missions so I really like play LCPDFR. I'm pretty sure is the LCPFR problem, made me crash. 

Everyone who knows how to fix LCPDFR crash! PLEASE!

I really appreciate! 'o'

I don't care use remote control to see what's going on for my game!  and the game file. please help me out!  

you gotta remember that when you reinstall LCPDFR or some mods that some of these should be installed before others. some have more up to date parts and if you replace those with older mods, then you are replacing newer parts. what i would do, in your case, is simply start over. get a new copy of GTA and install the police mod. make absolute sure that it runs perfectly before you install any mods. Make a backup copy of your working GTA/LCPDFR game. then start adding mods on at a time. test the game after each mod to make sure that mod runs correctly. when you are all done and have all your mods installed, make a backup copy of that game.  then try your uniforms. also keep an eye on oldsession files. everybody forgets about these but they cause tons of crashes and are the solution to alot of minor issues. deleting an oldsession can totally be the solution to some crashes. i have many back up copies for reasons just like this. if you need any more help just let me know. i hope everything works out for you.

on a side note..if you think LCPDFR is the problem then do a manual install instead of the automatic install. without logs i can't really give any more help or info..i am just going off of past experience at this point :)