Sasrical

F-150 vs. Silverado

neither.

+1. None of the local police agencies here use trucks. However, my county sheriff's office had an F150 for a few years before it went out of use about two years ago.

But if I had to choose, I'd take the Silverado. Both of my parents have '13 Silverados and they're great trucks. However...if you're talking about an F150 Raptor, screw the Silverado.  :tongue:

The local police in my area patrol in Dodge Rams and they only have one of them. But if I had to choose I do like the F-150.

I second Srgt. donuts, a truck shouldn't be a patrol vehicle, they're top heavy and you can't pursue people in an SUV or truck.

Neither, I'd pick a Tahoe because they are actually useful during pursuits, especially when larger vehicles are involved (buses, vans, ect). But if I had to pick it out of the two it would be the Silverado. 

I second Srgt. donuts, a truck shouldn't be a patrol vehicle, they're top heavy and you can't pursue people in an SUV or truck.

You do see SOME out comes about having a Patrol Pick-up; BUTT!! The reason for Trucks/Pick-ups is the Area.

This is the U.S. of A. and there are a lot of mountains and such.

Have well do you Believe a Just about Stock Dodge Charger would do going down a Gravel Road or a Dirt Road?

That is the Reason for Trucks/Pick-ups.

Now SUV's on the other Side are about the same reason for the Trucks/Pick-ups.

Sgt. Perez

On the other note I Prefer a GMC Serria ("It is the Same thing as a Chevy Silverado, But you N' all most ALL Americans Love Chevy. So I go for GMC Cause it does NOT say Chevy.)

Also my City has a Silverado my Man 104 (2nd highest Sergeant Drives it. He gave a Officer the Crashed his Charger (105) N' he got a Truck. It is a Slicktop Truck so it Blends in with Traffic from the front. Also It LOOKS REAL NICE!!) I have not been Driving a lot like I use to so I don't get to talk to him much. I am wanting to get some Pictures thou. Then I could get with some one N' make a a Replica!

Ooh, N' also the FBI uses Big Trucks/SUV's/Cars; FYI

Sgt. Perez

re tahoe. there are 2 versions. one is pursuit rated and the other isnt. the pursuit version is really confused as well.. small wheels, ground clearance of a civic... still bad cog. no real terrain management ability. i suppose it is a good dog vehicle where a magnum can't suffice esp since they arent made any more re offroading.. for all purposes you will be amazed what you can put a car through if you really tried... trucks make good utility vehicles. scene clean up, special events so you can haul cones and what not in abundance. bad for everything else. also dont forget they suck fuel which means your taxes go up!!

I would prefer a Brand New F150 since they are useful for details. An agency here; Massachusetts Environmental Police only uses F-150's or Silverado's.

Well, since the F250 was brought up, I'd choose the first-gen F250 over both the F150 and Silverado. But, like I said before, F150 Raptor>everything else.