hlsavior

Zmodeler Export Problem

I can't get anything to properly export. When I try to export them everything works but when I spawn the car my game crashes and when I try to preview the .wft in OpenIV, it also crashes. So obviously at first I thought it was just my model. So i imported a model from the vanilla game, then exported it without changing anything, and sure enough it crashes. So next I thought maybe my .img is corrupted to I download any old model and put it in there and it worked fine! So this leads me to believe its something wrong with my exporting or Zmodeler.

When I export I have:

- Store Textures UN-CHECKED

- Collision CHECKED

- Sliced Model CHECKED

Yeah you need to look below and see if there are any errors in zmodeler. One way to tell if your model exported correctly is if the file has size, like 3.5MB. If it didn't export correctly then the file size will be zero. It sounds like you exported and had errors so the size was zero and then you tried to import that into OpenIV and thats why it crashed when you attempted to view it. 90% of the time you'll get an error when trying to export and most of the time it will be to many copies of a certain object. Just follow the errors and delete the duplicates it states in the error. It will only list one error at a time starting from the top of the hierarchy so you may have to try and export 10 times before you fix all the problems. Or you can just open all the folders and sub-folders in the hierarchy and look for duplicates. Fixing these things still won't guarantee the car will work without crashing since there are so many other places where things can go wrong but this is a good place to start!

I get no errors, when I import a vanilla car model thats un modded and taken directly from the .img files then export it I get no errors but nothing works. Here are some pics. (this isnt a vanilla model)

wqhy_zpsfff80a9d.png

Does no one know why this is happening?!?!

Edited by hlsavior

what version of zmodeler are you using,

some zmodeler's export better then others

i would say go with 2.2.4 as that's the one that's best preferred.

or you could go with the lastest which i think is 2.2.7 but not many have used that one so i dont know what it's like exporting with that version

what version of zmodeler are you using,

some zmodeler's export better then others

i would say go with 2.2.4 as that's the one that's best preferred.

or you could go with the lastest which i think is 2.2.7 but not many have used that one so i dont know what it's like exporting with that version

I'm using 2.2.6

Downgrading to 2.2.4 didnt help.

Edited by hlsavior

do you have your textures imported onto the model in zmodeler

last time you were having an issue i saw that you didnt have textures mapped onto the model and it was grey

this could also cause a problem with your model ingame

also i would try reimporting your zmodeler profile into your zmodeler folder

Edited by gtapolicetrucker

Every texture is in. Every texture is in the wft file. I've exported and played a car I've made in GTA before. That is why I'm so pissed Zmodeler decided to just stop working. Seriously if you guys need a video I can make one.

Did you fix it? I saw your video and it helped alot but my zmodeler is also crashing on export :/

Me to!  This is my first time trying to mod and just like you I used Savior's video to help me along, I didn't miss any steps, I've gone through it three times.  I had errors but I fixed them.  When I hit export it waits about 5 seconds and then goes unresponsive.  Please help!

Me to!  This is my first time trying to mod and just like you I used Savior's video to help me along, I didn't miss any steps, I've gone through it three times.  I had errors but I fixed them.  When I hit export it waits about 5 seconds and then goes unresponsive.  Please help!

Hey man, Please don't bump old threads :)