gangrenn

The answer to the Frequently Asked Questions

Hi

Regarding the number of private messages i get about poeples asking me questions, i've decided to create this big topic, with the answer to the questions i get the most, but remember: READ THE README file provided with the file you downloaded to know how to install it or which keys need to be use to start the mod.

I will add more things, so follow this topic to get all the updates ;)

1. How can i get nice graphics / make my game look real ?

2. Where can i get cars & How can i install new cars ?

3. Where can i get mods & how can i install them ?

4. How can i fix the Taxi bug ?

5. How can i use only the police lights without the siren

6. How can i change the texture on a police car & How can i use Multiple Liveries on a Vehicle ?

7. how can i be a police officer (responding to calls, etc.) ?

8. How can i replace my sirens ?

9. My GTA is lagging

10. I have a city texture bug (the texture disappear)

11. My GTA crash

12. How can i make Police textures / 3d cars / my own ELS lightbar:

1.How can i get nice graphics / make my game look real ?

2. Where can i get cars & How can i install new cars ?

3. Where can i get mods & how can i install them ?

• To install the mod: you have to extract the files in the archive you've downloaded wether in your GTA main directory or into the script folder (create a folder "script" if it doesn't exist)
  • To know  where you have to extract the files (script folder or GTA main directory) read the readme

4. How can i fix the Taxi bug ?

There are 2 solutions:

5. How can i use only the police lights without the siren

6. How can i change the texture on a police car & How can i use Multiple Liveries on a Vehicle ?

7. how can i be a police officer (responding to calls, etc.) ?

• You need to use the LCPDFR mod: http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/category/1-lcpd-first-response/ (select the latest version)
  • Here is a video tutorial on how to download it & how to install it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yVDFx95yQM
  • In-game, to launch the mod: press ALT+P then a box should appear on the right side, then follow the instructions (if nothing happen, make sur you have the latest GTA patch, and use this: )
  • You can also use the Policing script to get more calls:
  • Here is the Keys list for the LCPDFR mod:

8. How can i replace my sirens ?

9. My GTA is lagging

• First, you have to forget about using mods & cars because it will slow down your computer
  • You can try to lower the Display resolution to 800*600
  • Try to lower all the settings: set everything to "low"
  • Close all other applications while playing at GTA
  • Buy a new computer ? Or upgrade the video card or the CPU or add some memory

10. I have a city texture bug (the texture disappear)

• You are using too much High poly cars / too many mods (try to remove some)
  • Try to use the cinematic view, textures might come back again
  • If it's still doesn't work, restart your GTA

11. My GTA crash

• Try to remove the latest mod  you've installed (most of the time, the crash is caused by a mod)
  • Ask help on the Support section of the forum (provide details so we can help you)

12. How can i make Police textures / 3d cars / my own ELS lightbar:

Sorry for the bad english, i'm french.

Few of this questions I looked up and did small research and just went with what people wrote, but now since you made this thread, I'm sure it will help out a lot for future reference. Great thread.

You do realise that 90% of people that ask those questions dont look anywhere so its highly unlikely they will look here.

You do realise that 90% of the time i have to write the same answer ? at least now i'll give the link to this topic.

i start my game and in the videos ive watched they start out in the house and it says to report to a police station to begin shift what is wrong here

i start my game and in the videos ive watched they start out in the house and it says to report to a police station to begin shift what is wrong here

Nothing is wrong, you have to drive to a police station to start the shift

Well Im having a problem with my GTA not loading and posting in the support section clearly dosent help as I have been basicaly ignoared for 2 days.

now im having trouble with els is thier a mod to get the lighting menu up

disreguard i figured it ouy

ok i have downloaded different skins for the police vehicles and dont know how to apply them

Edited by Original Light
Merged double post.

disreguard i figured it ouy

ok i have downloaded different skins for the police vehicles and dont know how to apply them

Number 6 directs you to this link.

ok i did that but the skin dosent show up when im playing

Keep spawning the vehicle. It should show up. If you have multiple skins installed, go to the second link for Number 6, and follow the instructions.

Keep spawning the vehicle. It should show up. If you have multiple skins installed, go to the second link for Number 6, and follow the instructions.

ive done that ive did the number 6 link and it still doesnt work

hi im having trouble with the noose men when i spawn a helmet it is a pilot helmet how do i get a regular swat or noose helmet

hey if any one makes skins do you thing you could make a rittman ohio skin for me please and thank you

if you need photos i can send you some

Edited by Original Light
Merged double post.

hi im having trouble with the noose men when i spawn a helmet it is a pilot helmet how do i get a regular swat or noose helmet

Use the trainer to select a ped model, then on the first page of the "ped model" go down to "clothes" then you can choose different clothes (t-schirt or pull for exemple)

hey if any one makes skins do you thing you could make a rittman ohio skin for me please and thank you

if you need photos i can send you some

What does this have to do WITH THIS TOPIC ?

Use the trainer to select a ped model, then on the first page of the "ped model" go down to "clothes" then you can choose different clothes (t-schirt or pull for exemple)

What does this have to do WITH THIS TOPIC ?

if that dosent fit this topic then this should ive done everything everyone has told me with my car skins and they still dont show up

on openiv i cant get any textures on ive did all the and they show up until i save them then open iv says theirs an error whats going on

Edited by pdracer

Here is a question you should have included.
I love First response, and love the emergancy vehicle mods, even though most of them require ELS. I even downloaded ELS, and got it working after much struggle, but there my pleasure ends. I dont like the fact that it constantly repairs your vehicle, and even though i know there has to be a code line i can use to change that, i cant find it, now can i find help on the subject matter. I know i am not the only one who doesnt like that feature, so perhaps someone can help us out? I got so disgusted with that aspect of ELS in the end, that i removed it, crashed the game, and now i am sitting here waiting for the game to redownload from gamestop.

Here is a question you should have included.

I love First response, and love the emergancy vehicle mods, even though most of them require ELS. I even downloaded ELS, and got it working after much struggle, but there my pleasure ends. I dont like the fact that it constantly repairs your vehicle, and even though i know there has to be a code line i can use to change that, i cant find it, now can i find help on the subject matter. I know i am not the only one who doesnt like that feature, so perhaps someone can help us out? I got so disgusted with that aspect of ELS in the end, that i removed it, crashed the game, and now i am sitting here waiting for the game to redownload from gamestop.

I'm pretty sure you can't. ELS works kinda weird. What it does is spawn a new model everytime the light changes, which repairs it. I would just use Non ELS if it is that much of a hassle. How did you uninstall it? It is not supposed to crash. Did you take it out while ingame?

I'm pretty sure you can't. ELS works kinda weird. What it does is spawn a new model everytime the light changes, which repairs it. I would just use Non ELS if it is that much of a hassle. How did you uninstall it? It is not supposed to crash. Did you take it out while ingame?

No. lol. been moding games long enough not to do that. I removed the ELS .ini and .asi files, and restored the origenal vehicle files. sadly the game would develop a fatal fault after 3 minutes in game, and that continued even when i restored a previous version. rather than risk crashing my whole computer, i went with a complete uninstall and reinstall. the down side is that the game is a GameStop download, which means 36+ hours worth of download time. (FYI, if you download the game from GameStop, it wont be in either the Steam file or a Rockstar file, it will be in the 2K Games files.)

No. lol. been moding games long enough not to do that. I removed the ELS .ini and .asi files, and restored the origenal vehicle files. sadly the game would develop a fatal fault after 3 minutes in game, and that continued even when i restored a previous version. rather than risk crashing my whole computer, i went with a complete uninstall and reinstall. the down side is that the game is a GameStop download, which means 36+ hours worth of download time. (FYI, if you download the game from GameStop, it wont be in either the Steam file or a Rockstar file, it will be in the 2K Games files.)

You could also try to reinstall the latest patch, 80% of the time it fix the crashes ;)

13. How can i make my own script ?

GTA scripts are written in C# or Visual Basic ;

you will have to learn one of these 2 languages, to make your script, then you can use Microsoft Visual C# or Microsoft visual Basic to make it.

Here is a list of game native functions, with parameters specification and description of the effect/result:     http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=List_of_native_functions

Here is a tutorial to learn the C#: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=401577