My name is Alexandre, I am new here, but I already know this mod and forum, just created an account now :)
I own a small game studio in my country, called Odin Game Studio, and we will release our first mobile game this month or the next one. I'm a game developer with great experience developing games and now its my time to show a game that I always dreamed.
I would like to know, very much, what do you guys think about having a high quality police sim game (GTA style)?
I am a very addictive player of "police-like" games, playing the first police games (PoliceQuest, anyone?), all Swat series from Sierra, Emergency series and so on... and this time, me and my team will be developing the next police sim game, using today's graphics and sandbox gameplay style.
But before this, we are making a deep search about what players, that really plays this kind of games, think about it...
What I can anticipate to you is (some features):
- it will be a police game, you will be a police officer and act like one;
- you will have dinamics elements, like found in the GTA series (a city, NPCs with great IA answers, many actions, etc);
- a very unique sandbox style game (I will not spoil anything now);
- many things to do as police officer in a modern scenery and events.
So, what do you think about it?
The mission of this post and search is to know if we can really achieve at least some thousands of players interested on this game type/style. We will make a Crowd-Funding campaign and we would like to know who is willing to support us.
In advance, I can tell you we already have a tech demo in-house and we have the know-how to make this game. We are planning to get this done until the end of the year, with all community following the development.
Also, please, do you guys know anywhere else that I can make this kind of search and questions?
Thank you all in advance. Any questions I will try to answer here, of in our Facebook page.
Our website and visual identity just changed, so, I dont have too much to show you about my game studio, but we will soon.
We have already a Facebook page and soon we will have Twitter.
Also, to clarify more:
- I will show pictures and videos when the time comes... for now its just a search of what you guys like to play;
- I am not asking for money or anything like that, I just want to know if you guys like the idea of the game;
- One way to help us is to know more people that like this game type and ask the same question.... if we know that many people like this game type, we will have a better idea about how to develop...
Edited by xandeck, 25 July 2012 - 12:24 AM.