ELS V8 Optimized LAPD Vehicles..

HankVoight

So I have been trying a few different LAPD packs out (mainly just because I like the cars) but I haven't been able to find any that A, work well with ELS V8 and B, have any of the older CVPI's with the MX7000 Rotator lightbar. So if any modeller out there has an empty plate and would like something to do please have a look below.

What I'm after are the following - 

Police - 2011 CVPI with a DROT Mx7000 lightbar.

Police2 - 2013 Dodge Charger with the Federal Signal Arjent. 

FBI - Slicktop/Unmarked 2011 CVPI with one (1) red steady burn light in the front windscreen and a single blue/yellow light box I guess in the back window (driver side).

And if you are feeling generous there is a special Tahoe I wouldn't mind seeing made (feel free to skip this if it's too much) 

It is a special response Tahoe used by the LAPD S.W.A.T. Teams. Picture below. It has one red steady burn light in the front windscreen, red/blue grill lights and a blue/yellow light box in the back window. 

I know it's a big list but LAPD vehicles are extremely simple having a console, body partition and lighting. 

So if you feel like you could help out please drop a comment below. Cheers and Merry Christmas! 

For the CVPI, I'd suggest the one in this pack: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

It's the California highway, but pretty similar in my opinion, with a change of livery it'll shine just as good as a LAPD car. And it uses the ELS V8 drot feature.

Also, did you try out Cj24's LAPD pack here? -> http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=comments&cat=371&id=51860

I find it works quite well with ELS V8 and the cars are low poly but high quality.

Edited by Hystery

All of my cars work with ELS v8, and most of them even have the els vehicle file included as well:

Here are two of my older LAPD units with the MX-7000. First one is the one with the led advisor which is still used, and the other one is the fully halogen version:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

I also have newer units like the CVPI with the Arjent lightbar:

And in case you're interested I also have a 2006 Impala and a 2008 Charger, that was used by the LAPD.

Oh and an FYI, the 2nd and 3rd pic you posted isn't a real LAPD police car. You can notice that by the rambar.

^^ Haha, I was just about to suggest Sgt.Kanyo's cars =P

I didn't even realise they had been updated haha.

All of my cars work with ELS v8, and most of them even have the els vehicle file included as well:

Here are two of my older LAPD units with the MX-7000. First one is the one with the led advisor which is still used, and the other one is the fully halogen version:

I also have newer units like the CVPI with the Arjent lightbar:

And in case you're interested I also have a 2006 Impala and a 2008 Charger, that was used by the LAPD.

Oh and an FYI, the 2nd and 3rd pic you posted isn't a real LAPD police car. You can notice that by the rambar.

Those CVPI's are perfect! I will be putting them straight in. Cheers mate!

For the CVPI, I'd suggest the one in this pack: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

It's the California highway, but pretty similar in my opinion, with a change of livery it'll shine just as good as a LAPD car. And it uses the ELS V8 drot feature.

Also, did you try out Cj24's LAPD pack here? -> http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=comments&cat=371&id=51860

I find it works quite well with ELS V8 and the cars are low poly but high quality.

Yeah Cj's pack always crashes my game for some reason, it even happens with his LCPD pack  :wallbash:  

Thanks for the suggestions!

I didn't even realise they had been updated haha.

Those CVPI's are perfect! I will be putting them straight in. Cheers mate!

Oh and if you're interested in the slicktop version, let me know, because it's been ready for quite a while now, I just haven't uploaded it yet.

Oh and if you're interested in the slicktop version, let me know, because it's been ready for quite a while now, I just haven't uploaded it yet.

Yeah! The slicktop version would definetly as good as your other LAPD cars! Go for it! :D

Oh, and is it able to enable the spotlights as takedowns?

They're a very rare sight but the LAPD definitely has a few units with rambars. Though you are right in saying that one is a fake, as I believe the LAPD only use the LASD style rambars. 

LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT (LAPD)'' target='_blank'>LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT (LAPD)>LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT (LAPD)

LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT (LAPD)'' target='_blank'>LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT (LAPD)>LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT (LAPD)

pursuit-smaller.gif.7efd1f0d5e985819303ef4bf454dce2d.gif

They're a very rare sight but the LAPD definitely has a few units with rambars. Though you are right in saying that one is a fake, as I believe the LAPD only use the LASD style rambars. 

Yes indeed. I said it's fake because of the rambar it has. This is the rambar what LAPD uses, just like you said:

'>

@Notenger

Oh I actually did, however they have the NYPD pants, so I suggest using Sam's LSPD cops. They are the closest to the real LAPD cops (they are from V).

These are mine:

And these are Sam's:

Edited by Sgt.Kanyo

Yea, I already know these. I've thought of real modelling. Like the GTA V cops just with a jacket or a normal shirt like LAPD uses. Just because it looks like you're an LAPD fanatic :P

Sam's GTA V cop has the short sleeve shirt and the long sleeve shirt as well. The only thing it's missing is the jacket, but LAPD doesn't really use those, unless it rains. Also just delete the hat and then that's pretty much what LAPD uses. Also yeah I guess I am a fan, although I prefer CHP these days.

Yeah Cj's pack always crashes my game for some reason, it even happens with his LCPD pack :wallbash:

It's working fine for many people. Any specific cars that are having issues? Anybody else who can confirm not being able to use this pack? http://www.gtainside.com/download.php?do=comments&cat=371&id=51860

The pack works absolutely fine with ELS 8, it just needs a sightly different config. I uploaded one that should work (not tested), simply use J for Code 3 and K for secondaries. It's not optimized for ELS 8's functions, but still should work the way it was originally intended.

Edit: Tested it myself now and corrected the pattern. It definitly does work now.

Edited by Cj24