Reproducible crash when player asks ped for ID where ped Persona changed

PeterU

I have discovered a reproducible crash in LSPDFR itself that occurs when asking a ped for ID, where that ped has had their Persona replaced using the API.

[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.180] LSPD First Response: ==============================
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.180] LSPD First Response: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION DURING GAME FIBER TICK
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.181] LSPD First Response: ------------------------------
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.181] LSPD First Response: Origin: Game fiber "<UNNAMED THREAD>".
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.182] LSPD First Response: ------------------------------
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.183] LSPD First Response: Exception type: System.NullReferenceException
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.184] LSPD First Response: Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.184] LSPD First Response: ------------------------------
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.185] LSPD First Response: Inner exceptions:
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.185] LSPD First Response: ------------------------------
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.186] LSPD First Response: Stack trace:
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.187] LSPD First Response: at LSPD_First_Response.Engine.Scripting.Entities.Persona.CreatePed(Persona persona, Vector3 position) in E:\GTA V\LSPD First Response\LSPD First Response\Engine\Scripting\Entities\Persona.cs:line 447
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.187] at ............................................................................................................................GetPedHeadshotTxd(Persona persona, Boolean bigHeadshot, Boolean noObscuredFace) in E:\GTA V\LSPD First Response\LSPD First Response\Engine\Scripting\Functions.cs:line 2095
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.189] at .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................() in E:\GTA V\LSPD First Response\LSPD First Response\Mod\PedInteraction.cs:line 126
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.190] at .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................() in E:\GTA V\LSPD First Response\LSPD First Response\Mod\PedInteraction.cs:line 108
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.190] at .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(........................................................................................................................... ) in E:\GTA V\LSPD First Response\LSPD First Response\Engine\Scripting\ThreadedScriptComponent.cs:line 86
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.191] at .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................() in E:\GTA V\LSPD First Response\LSPD First Response\Engine\RecurringTask.cs:line 48
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.192] at .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................() in E:\GTA V\LSPD First Response\LSPD First Response\Engine\Main.cs:line 54
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.192] at .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................() in E:\GTA V\LSPD First Response\LSPD First Response\Mod\LSPDFR.cs:line 741
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.193] at Rage.GameFiber.Main()
[6/10/2019 7:18:34 PM.193] LSPD First Response: ==============================

Proof of concept (in context of a PoC callout plugin😞

ped = new Ped();
                ped.SetPositionWithSnap(Game.LocalPlayer.Character.GetOffsetPositionFront(3.0f));

Persona newPersona = new Persona("Testy", "McTestFace", LSPD_First_Response.Gender.Male);
                Functions.SetPersonaForPed(ped, newPersona);

Game.DisplaySubtitle("Now cause the ped to be Stopped by Player by holding 'E' and ask for ID.");

I've also built the DLL in case it's easier to throw this in plugins\LSPDFR, go on duty and reproduce the crash.

As you might guess, I make PeterUCallouts. I love working to bring LSPDFR players the kind of callouts that strike a good balance between realism and fun and are stable & varied!

Unfortunately I cannot offer support via PM -- please use the forums, so that others may benefit from your solutions!

Reproduced and passed along in the testing forum. 

[REL] Coastal Callouts: An action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

[REL] Better EMS: Realistic and dynamic EMS response

Join the Parks Benefactor Program to support my work and get early beta access!

• Management Team

Thanks for the report. The issue is the specific constructor used which does not accept a model for the persona. This model is then later necessary for certain ped specific features. I don't think removing the constructor would be good as it might break quite a few mods, so I will update the internal model reference once you assign the persona to a ped.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.