Jacka69

Rage Hook not launching (Fixed)

Like thousands of other people Rage isn't launching for me.

I tried it on 2 computers, its the same result except one crashes and the other disappears after about 8 seconds of loading.

It only says "Validating Hook" and "Validating System" (Attached Screenshots)

• I have tried reinstalling several times
  • I have tried opening GTA V at the same time as opening Rage Hook

GTA V Works fine and works with my trainer

Please respond quickly

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Edited by Jacka69
Update

Hello,

I use Trend Micro and I am currently running Windows 10 so it includes Windows Defender

Turning them both off doesn't help

Also,

In the install process, I install Rage first then LSPDFR and Rage says it is outdated (when it says "Current Version 1604, Required Version 1604 Outdated" so I end up reinstalling rage separately.

Also when rage asks if I want to backup my game files it freezes so I end up reopening it.

Could this be resulting to the problem?

Screenshots Available on request

Thanks for replying

11 hours ago, UnknownBastion said:

In what order do you install RPH and LSPDFR?

I've tried it in both orders and right now I have only RPH and its not working 

Install LSPDFR and then the latest version of RageHook.

Also, try starting Steam as an admin, so when RPH hooks onto it, it should also be treated with admin privilages, worked for me.

I've already tried that, i even took a bare version of gta5 with no mods or anything and i just installed RPH and lspdfr and it's not working but what do u mean my starting steam as admin 

When you start steam up, right click on it, and select 'run as admin' and it'll run steam with raised privileges.

Also, if you're playing with a controller, unplug it whilst the game loads, then plug it in once it's loaded. Another weird little quirk, but it works for some.

I feel like I’m repeating myself I these to no avail unfortunately, but I’ll say it again In the  off chance I might help one person. Lol

in rage settings make sure force windowed mode is enabled.  I saw someone the other day that said his crashing on loading was due to his trainer.   Some type of conflict with rage and simple trainer (that was a new one for me but he said it worked after taking it out......Take that out and give it a try you have nothing to lose trying it

9 hours ago, Boone4796 said:

I feel like I’m repeating myself I these to no avail unfortunately, but I’ll say it again In the  off chance I might help one person. Lol

in rage settings make sure force windowed mode is enabled.  I saw someone the other day that said his crashing on loading was due to his trainer.   Some type of conflict with rage and simple trainer (that was a new one for me but he said it worked after taking it out......Take that out and give it a try you have nothing to lose trying it

I've tried that already but thanks bro

9 hours ago, TheStegosaurus said:

When you start steam up, right click on it, and select 'run as admin' and it'll run steam with raised privileges.

Also, if you're playing with a controller, unplug it whilst the game loads, then plug it in once it's loaded. Another weird little quirk, but it works for some.

well that didn't work either I wish I knew what was happening its gotta be some sort of conflict with something 

Posted (edited)

@adwanner

I have got it working!

Please try this, this may help

Please check that all of the below are downloaded via downloading them.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

If that doesn't work reinstall them to be sure

Edited by Jacka69