Fhsig13

ELS Environmental Lighting Oddity

So, I was trying out Walters's RCMP Pack, and found that the ELS lights don't flood/shine in front of the vehicles, only to the back and sides. I've checked all the VCFs, and made sure to change any that had slicktop=true to false, but the issue remains. The author doesn't seem interested in looking into and/or fixing it, so if anyone knows where the issue might lie, and/or how I should go about addressing it, please give me a shout! (I originally posted this in "GTA V Support", but didn't receive a reply, so I thought I'd try here as well). 

UPDATE: I've spoken with the author, and he provided another set of VCF files to try, which made little difference. (See attached screenshot). The author claims that this is the best that can be done due to ELS's restrictions, but I'm skeptical...anyone else have any ideas?

restrictions and other words such as this are buy words for "can't be bothered".

People usually push out eye candy mods that are actually pretty terrible and inaccurate and also HUGE in size.

From what I understand in .vcf editing you might wanna try to look into changing the OffsetX, OffsetY and OffsetZ values.

I believe those are responsible for the enviroment lights on the ground. Those are X Y Z coordinates where the origin is the car's center. You should try playing with the Z coordinates as well, if you only see a small area being lit near the center of the police car. That means the lights could be in the air.

Hope this helps.

9 hours ago, Sgt.Kanyo said:

restrictions and other words such as this are buy words for "can't be bothered".

People usually push out eye candy mods that are actually pretty terrible and inaccurate and also HUGE in size.

From what I understand in .vcf editing you might wanna try to look into changing the OffsetX, OffsetY and OffsetZ values.

I believe those are responsible for the enviroment lights on the ground. Those are X Y Z coordinates where the origin is the car's center. You should try playing with the Z coordinates as well, if you only see a small area being lit near the center of the police car. That means the lights could be in the air.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the response, however I can't find any area lit near the center of the car. I will try your solution however and see if I can't find out where the lights have gone.