qwertyK

Can't revert my GTA without crashing

New scripthook update not out yet, so tried to revert my GTA,, but it always crashes with GAME MEMORY ERROR on the loading screen. How can this be fixed?

http://i.imgur.com/I0B5P1Y.png

This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please post in the correct location in the future.

4 hours ago, 1nsidious said:

Hi  qwertyK, This may help you just back up the files first and google this  GTA5.EXE PatchFix for Scripthook v1.0.1493.0 [DTD] Asyr0n which you should find quite easy, works  but some mods may conflict so not a guarantee,  hope this helps

It gets it to load, but then it is just stuck on the loading screen. I've updated to the latest update.rpf, still stuck.....;-(

10 hours ago, qwertyK said:

New scripthook update not out yet, so tried to revert my GTA,, but it always crashes with GAME MEMORY ERROR on the loading screen. How can this be fixed?

53 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

It gets it to load, but then it is just stuck on the loading screen. I've updated to the latest update.rpf, still stuck.....;-(

Do you make backup copies of your game periodically? If not, you might want to try that once you get everything working. I know this isn't really helpful for you currently, but might it might save you in the future. Then when the game updates you can still run older versions while the bugs get worked out and everything else gets updated like RPH, etc. Plus it will ensure that you can still play with mods you like since they were working on the older version. 

Hi Qwerty,  I had to reinstall everything cause i could not revert back too  1.0.1493.1 and as i said you may have conflicts with certain Plugins and Mods especially with Vehicles,  did you copy both version text in Mods folder and Main and made a backup of that text file.

1 minute ago, 1nsidious said:

Hi Qwerty,  I had to reinstall everything cause i could not revert back too  1.0.1493.1 and as i said you may have conflicts with certain Plugins and Mods especially with Vehicles,  did you copy both version text in Mods folder and Main and made a backup of that text file.

Ah yes, I forgot about that... If you are able to do that it might fix the problem. That how I got mine to revert and didn't have to start using my back up file. I copied the old GTA.exe, and replaced the new update.rpf in the regular game files as well as the mods folder. Good catch @1nsidious.

Hi Qwerty, also was it you that had ERR_MEM_EMBEDDEDALLOC_ALLOC Game memory error.Please reboot and restart the game,  well if you do just empty your browser cache folders that might work, your not alone this is happen to quite a number of people.

3 hours ago, jb431 said:

Do you make backup copies of your game periodically? If not, you might want to try that once you get everything working. I know this isn't really helpful for you currently, but might it might save you in the future. Then when the game updates you can still run older versions while the bugs get worked out and everything else gets updated like RPH, etc. Plus it will ensure that you can still play with mods you like since they were working on the older version. 

Nope, everything was backed up. I was trying to revert. Going to try deleting mods folder. 

3 hours ago, 1nsidious said:

Hi Qwerty, also was it you that had ERR_MEM_EMBEDDEDALLOC_ALLOC Game memory error.Please reboot and restart the game,  well if you do just empty your browser cache folders that might work, your not alone this is happen to quite a number of people.

3 hours ago, 1nsidious said:

I'm trying to get rid of the mods folder, I do that, but now I get "waiting for game window" and then just it "exits unexpectedly" i get the gta 5 error

(Sorry if i'm hijacking)

But if someone DOES have a game version backed up, how would they go about finding an older/compatible version of RPH to work with it?

they seem to kill all support and make old versions of RPH unattainable once an update comes out.

1 minute ago, effiner said:

(Sorry if i'm hijacking)

But if someone DOES have a game version backed up, how would they go about finding an older/compatible version of RPH to work with it?

they seem to kill all support and make old versions of RPH unattainable once an update comes out.

Keep the old versions of RPH that are compatible as well.

2 minutes ago, effiner said:

(Sorry if i'm hijacking)

I have RPH 0.62 if you need it. I don't remove the downloads

Just now, qwertyK said:

I would greatly appreciate that! v0.62 was the last version i had that was completely stable. The game has been a pile of garbage (for me) since the after hours update.

8 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

I'm still using 0.61 RPH with GTA 1290 because I wanted to continue to use mods like Traffic Policer that weren't being updated. I guess it's a trade off depending on what you want to use in game. I learned the hard way when my game wouldn't load for a couple weeks after an update. Now I try to keep all versions of any files, mods, or any other downloads in case the new versions cause issues.

Edited by jb431

1 minute ago, effiner said:

after replacing files this launcher still says i have v0.63... 😥

You went into the base GTA V file directory and it didn't overwrite?

Just now, jb431 said:

You went into the base GTA V file directory and it didn't overwrite?

yep. replaced all files in main directory. still claims that RPH is 0.63 & that my game version (1365) is unsupported.

I knew this was too easy hahaha

My game won't load either 😕 think I'm just gonna have to hold out until the Scripthook guy can be bothered to release an update.

7 minutes ago, effiner said:

yep. replaced all files in main directory. still claims that RPH is 0.63 & that my game version (1365) is unsupported.

Yea, you have to somehow make .62 work because it supports 1365

1 minute ago, qwertyK said:

My game won't load either 😕 think I'm just gonna have to hold out until the Scripthook guy can be bothered to release an update.

Yeah, I think I'll put LSPDFR on the back burner for a few days and pledge allegiance to what ever god gives me a stable game again.

Just now, jb431 said:

Yea, you have to somehow make .62 work because it supports 1365

Yeah, i think this is a case of mistaken identity.

2018-10-17 (1).png

8 minutes ago, effiner said:

2 minutes ago, qwertyK said:

That sucks, but I know the feeling. I had a brief moment of panic when I saw they updated GTA again. Luckily I was able to copy the previous version and update.rpf files back into my game.

Hi qwertyK, All i can is that i been moreless having same problems and i got it to work without crashing after 30 to 40 minutes, if you want to know more i write in down in this forum.

Same issue here. I Reverted back to 1.0.1365.1 And im getting the same issue. i installed a gameconfig and it still isnt working.