BlueLineBacker

Birmingham, Britain Traffic Warden Nearly Killed

FULL VIDEO https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kfkuF_1537005966

Youth in Birmingham attack a Traffic Warden for doing their job, beating him unconscious and nearly seriously injuring him. Not sure if these men have been located yet. Occurred at junction of College Road and Hartopp Road in Alum Rock. Shocking and violent attack by multiple men and without reason or merit. Do you guys in the EU and Britain specifically think Law Enforcement no matter the division should be issued personal defense equipment for situations such as this?. I mean just issuing tickets and this happens, savage and terrible incident.

Edited by GTALawEnforcer

derp.png

4-DAVID-20 

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. Traffic wardens get a lot of grief over here (normally by people who've got reason to be given a ticket).
Thankfully, they've caught one of them so far but investigations are ongoing to catch the rest https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/news/6555/police-release-images-after-violent-robbery-traffic-warden-alum-rock

As for issuing police with weapons for self defence, at least guns, I'd say no. Numerous arrests and situations are dealt with on a daily basis without the use of a gun, police in the UK use a variety of tactics and non-lethal approaches to deal with suspects such as tazers and pepper spray - my go to video is this great example of capturing someone from a few years ago: 

and also:

Edited by Harper

Processor: Intel i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz 

GPU: MSI ARMOR GeForce GTX 1080 OC

Ram: 16GB Skylake

39 minutes ago, ToeBius said:

Yes it would.  You are wrong.

Lots of arguments to counter there, love it.

1v3. You shoot one, the two others get to you and stab you, you lose. Even in 1v1 scenarios sometimes more weapons don't help you, ie just have to look at traffic stops going wrong in the US. So no, I'm not wrong.

Edited by Hystery

16 minutes ago, Hystery said:

Lots of arguments to counter there, love it.

1v3. You shoot one, the two others get to you and stab you, you lose. Even in 1v1 scenarios sometimes more weapons don't help you, ie just have to look at traffic stops going wrong in the US. So no, I'm not wrong.

You are, people tend not to stay and fight unless they have a gun and that is rare if they have any courage  to fight.   When people are out gunned they run unless they are on a suicide run.  I've dealt with 7 v me and look at who is still standing.  Criminals are tough until they encounter the one that is prepared for them.  

6 hours ago, Harper said:

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. Traffic wardens get a lot of grief over here (normally by people who've got reason to be given a ticket).
Thankfully, they've caught one of them so far but investigations are ongoing to catch the rest https://www.west-midlands.police.uk/news/6555/police-release-images-after-violent-robbery-traffic-warden-alum-rock

As for issuing police with weapons for self defence, at least guns, I'd say no. Numerous arrests and situations are dealt with on a daily basis without the use of a gun, police in the UK use a variety of tactics and non-lethal approaches to deal with suspects such as tazers and pepper spray - my go to video is this great example of capturing someone from a few years ago: 

and also:

So two taser take downs on drunk suspects with small blunt weapons prove that UK Police don't need firearms?. What if either of those suspects had a gun?. They would laugh at the police's taser and then execute them. Easily, since they are unarmed and feet away from him. Also when it comes to tasers  you know those prongs don't go through sweatshirts and some heavier clothing right?. Also if unarmed people are attacking a cop and he shoots one of them, the rest scatter in fear of being shot or just from the noise alone. Not sure if you guys in the UK or France have ever actually SEEN or HEARD a live firearm in person. They are loud. Spoiler. I understand people hate guns(Specifically French and British ), but at a certain point you need to look at the state of the UK and some serious problem areas and how the police are under-armed and unprepared there. This attack would have been directly thwarted by a gun, or even a less lethal bean bag shotgun. I'm with Tobius on this one, i understand women and children in the UK cry from seeing Police holding rifles for their own security, but the time has come. You guy's need some more of these type of Police on patrol. I think every cop should have a service weapon in the form of a handgun , and one of those G36C's in their vehicle for emergency situations such as terrorism. If that makes me insane, i guess I'm insane for thinking that police....should be armed. Like below.

116494255_security-london-NEWS_trans_NvB

Armed-British-Transport-Police-725656.jp

Armed-police.jpg

Edited by GTALawEnforcer

derp.png

4-DAVID-20 

3 hours ago, ToeBius said:

Yes it would.  You are wrong.

When you don't even bother giving a detailed answer, you've made it clear that you're just posting this to disagree, and don't actually have a valid argument.

Ok, he manages to shoot or knock back one attacker (if using a melee weapon), he still has 3 others to deal with who now are probably going to bum rush him in order to disarm him.  Warden gets one more shot off, injuring and stopping the third guy, and in those split seconds following the third guy being shot, the other two are now on top of the warden and disarming him.  The beating would still of happened.

The traffic warden having a weapon would not resulted in a different outcome.  Just because they are called "self defense" weapons does not mean they will protect you in every scenario.

1 hour ago, GTALawEnforcer said:

So two taser take downs on drunk suspects with small blunt weapons prove that UK Police don't need firearms?. What if either of those suspects had a gun?. They would laugh at the police's taser and then execute them. Easily, since they are unarmed and feet away from him. Also when it comes to tasers  you know those prongs don't go through sweatshirts and some heavier clothing right?. Also if unarmed people are attacking a cop and he shoots one of them, the rest scatter in fear of being shot or just from the noise alone. Not sure if you guys in the UK or France have ever actually SEEN or HEARD a live firearm in person. They are loud. Spoiler. I understand people hate guns(Specifically French and British ), but at a certain point you need to look at the state of the UK and some serious problem areas and how the police are under-armed and unprepared there. This attack would have been directly thwarted by a gun, or even a less lethal bean bag shotgun. I'm with Tobius on this one, i understand women and children in the UK cry from seeing Police holding rifles for their own security, but the time has come. You guy's need some more of these type of Police on patrol. I think every cop should have a service weapon in the form of a handgun , and one of those G36C's in their vehicle for emergency situations such as terrorism. If that makes me insane, i guess I'm insane for thinking that police....should be armed. Like below.

116494255_security-london-NEWS_trans_NvB

Armed-British-Transport-Police-725656.jp

Armed-police.jpg

Two videos are not proof that the UK doesn't need all officers to be equipped and on the first video they didn't actually use a tazer, the mere threat of one got the guy to give up. I think you're overestimating how many guns are in the UK, yes - there is a problem in some parts of the country concerning illegal firearms but weapons are not as widespread and easily accessible as they are in America, knife crime is actually one of the biggest culprits over here at the moment.

We do have permantly armed officers like the ones you've posted in areas such as airports and Government buildings and each force will have a number of trained firearms officers throughout their jurisdiction that can respond at a moments notice (Armed officers responded to and dealt with the London Bridge attack within minutes https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/04/police-praised-for-stopping-london-bridge-attack-in-eight-minutes) .  The need is just not there at the moment to arm every officer, not to mention the UK Government keeps cutting back on the police, reducing their numbers - there's no way they could afford basic handguns at the moment

"Armed officers open fire rarely. In the eight years to March 2016 police discharged their guns during just 40 incidents. Since 1990, 67 people have been killed in police shootings in England and Wales." - https://www.economist.com/britain/2017/06/29/is-it-time-for-britains-unarmed-police-to-be-given-guns

One day in the future, yes we may need to follow in the footsteps of the US and other countries, but for now it is not necessary - to act as if producing a gun will solve anything is nonsense, it would not have stopped this attack as this guy was a traffic warden - they are not police officers.

Processor: Intel i5-6600 @ 3.30GHz 

GPU: MSI ARMOR GeForce GTX 1080 OC

Ram: 16GB Skylake

4 hours ago, Giordano said:

When you don't even bother giving a detailed answer, you've made it clear that you're just posting this to disagree, and don't actually have a valid argument.

Ok, he manages to shoot or knock back one attacker (if using a melee weapon), he still has 3 others to deal with who now are probably going to bum rush him in order to disarm him.  Warden gets one more shot off, injuring and stopping the third guy, and in those split seconds following the third guy being shot, the other two are now on top of the warden and disarming him.  The beating would still of happened.

The traffic warden having a weapon would not resulted in a different outcome.  Just because they are called "self defense" weapons does not mean they will protect you in every scenario.

You don't need to give a detailed answer to understand that if that individual had, lets say a gun, he would have been able to defend himself from a bunch of thugs that would have giving up the fight once he brought out a force multiplier.  

I was not posting just to disagree, I was keeping it simple because what he said was stupid and made no sense.  More than likely those thugs would have just ran off without a shot being fired, or they would have ran after he started shooting.  You are thinking in a mythical manor in which you think that criminals like to stay and fight when they are equally matched or out matched.  

If you are able to fight back, you are able to defend yourself.  If you have a weapon, the chances of you winning is increased substantially.  If he had a gun and knew how to use it, things would have changed beyond belief.

I kind of feel as if I do not need to explain myself every time I say something, for you all know what evidence I have to support it.  

There are multiple videos proving that a force multiplier will save someones life, and I have personal experience which allowed me to keep from getting jumped by 7 shit bags.  Stop submitting to these pathetic punks and fight back.  

And fyi,  read my response next time before posting something saying "that I fail to give a detailed answer and have no valid argument".

Edited by ToeBius

29 minutes ago, ToeBius said:

You don't need to give a detailed answer to understand that if that individual had, lets say a gun, he would have been able to defend himself from a bunch of thugs that would have giving up the fight once he brought out a force multiplier.  

I was not posting just to disagree, I was keeping it simple because what he said was stupid and made no sense.  More than likely those thugs would have just ran off without a shot being fired, or they would have ran after he started shooting.  You are thinking in a mythical manor in which you think that criminals like to stay and fight when they are equally matched or out matched.  

If you are able to fight back, you are able to defend yourself.  If you have a weapon, the chances of you winning is increased substantially.  If he had a gun and knew how to use it, things would have changed beyond belief.

I kind of feel as if I do not need to explain myself every time I say something, for you all know what evidence I have to support it.  

There are multiple videos proving that a force multiplier will save someones life, and I have personal experience which allowed me to keep from getting jumped by 7 shit bags.  Stop submitting to these pathetic punks and fight back.  

And fyi,  read my response next time before posting something saying "that I fail to give a detailed answer and have no valid argument".

Don't bother buddy, they already have their opinion of you and the United States set in stone. We are stupid, violent, racist gun toting mass shooters and our Country is a violent hellhole. ( Even though the US has been rated best Country to live, do business, and have a family in the entire world) Facts, statistics given by law enforcement, and documented videotaped evidence will not even change their minds. To Hystery and Gio Europe is simply superior to the US. They are suave, savy individuals who have no need for guns, and anyone who does is a violent brute and stupid in their point of view. If there was a Gang Task Force in a British PD Hystery and Gio would want them armed exclusively with less lethal tasers and batons covered in bubble wrap as to not hurt the suspect too bad. Lol , let's examine British Police in their environment, trying to respond to a call.

Hmmm, did not seem to go well. In fact, those Police Officers cowered in fear and retreated and ran from an active violent threat instead of facing it and shutting in down. If they had any sort of firearms or PDE ( personal Defense Equipment ) they could have made an example of one of the attackers and the rest would have been gone rather quickly. This is one of tens of videos on Youtube within the last 12 months showing youth ( of a certain idealogy, go figure ) attack police and those police retreat and fail to enforce the law or even defend themselves. If that's what you in the EU consider enough to protect your person and your property, i wish you best of luck.

Edited by GTALawEnforcer

derp.png

4-DAVID-20 

16 hours ago, ToeBius said:

Oh really? Tell me, I'm pretty sure most US citizens know your cops have weapons, right? So technically, anyone in the US who also doesn't have a gun on them would be outgunned and keep quiet, right? So, what's going on when one of them is in a traffic stop but decides to suddenly assault the police officer, or to try and ram his car before taking off? Did they have a sudden memory loss about the weapon the officer is carrying? Hint: no, they didn't, because a gun is not a deterrent to someone who decided to commit a crime on a police officer.

Those guys were decided on assaulting this police officer. Them having a weapon would have changed little to nothing, safe for one of them to be injured. Worse, the weapon of the officer could have been turned against them, for the worse. So, no, what I said was not stupid and made perfect sense. Just because -you- happened to not understand doesn't mean it was.

16 hours ago, GTALawEnforcer said:

Don't bother buddy, they already have their opinion of you and the United States set in stone. We are stupid, violent, racist gun toting mass shooters and our Country is a violent hellhole.

Yes yes, I hate the US so much that I actually planned to visit it several times. Boohoo I hate americans so so much I'm friend with some of them. What next, you're going to say I support Al Qaeda and I was happy when 9/11 happened? You're pathetic man, just like your lack of relevent arguments.

16 hours ago, GTALawEnforcer said:

( Even though the US has been rated best Country to live, do business, and have a family in the entire world)

As usual, you're wrong. Norway has been rated the best country to live in in the world, and this for several years in a row. 13 years in a row actually. And you can check that by just googling "best country to live in", you'll have all the rankings. But I'm not surprised someone as obsessed and stuck up as you wouldn't know that -or would try to say it's not true. After all, how a racist and islamophobic american could believe the best country to live in is in... GASP... Europe. You know, the Europe you love to claim is turning into a second middle-east. Go to bed now kid, it's late.

Edited by Hystery

15 hours ago, Hystery said:

Oh really? Tell me, I'm pretty sure most US citizens know your cops have weapons, right? So technically, anyone in the US who also doesn't have a gun on them would be outgunned and keep quiet, right? So, what's going on when one of them is in a traffic stop but decides to suddenly assault the police officer, or to try and ram his car before taking off? Did they have a sudden memory loss about the weapon the officer is carrying? Hint: no, they didn't, because a gun is not a deterrent to someone who decided to commit a crime on a police officer.

Those guys were decided on assaulting this police officer. Them having a weapon would have changed little to nothing, safe for one of them to be injured. Worse, the weapon of the officer could have been turned against them, for the worse. So, no, what I said was not stupid and made perfect sense. Just because -you- happened to not understand doesn't mean it was.

What you are arguing makes no sense.  You are not reading what i am typing out.  Learn What "more than likely" means.  And yes i do know that cops have been assaulted by people and most of the time when the cop pulls his or hers weapon, the individual in question will try to run or pull a suicide by cop action.

And like I said, "more than likely" if the officer pulled a gun out, those people would have bailed, and if they continued to fight, once the officer fired his weapon, they would have bailed.   

But in conclusion, what you said was beyond stupid.  If he had a means to defend himself, he could of, bottom line.  And yes, it would have changed the outcome.  

Start reading everything that i am saying instead of trying to base your argumemt on just one portion of what I said.

2 hours ago, ToeBius said:

What you are arguing makes no sense.  You are not reading what i am typing out.  Learn What "more than likely" means.  And yes i do know that cops have been assaulted by people and most of the time when the cop pulls his or hers weapon, the individual in question will try to run or pull a suicide by cop action.

And like I said, "more than likely" if the officer pulled a gun out, those people would have bailed, and if they continued to fight, once the officer fired his weapon, they would have bailed.   

But in conclusion, what you said was beyond stupid.  If he had a means to defend himself, he could of, bottom line.  And yes, it would have changed the outcome.  

Start reading everything that i am saying instead of trying to base your argumemt on just one portion of what I said.

You have so much patience , i could not do this type of silly non sensical back and forth with Gio or Hystery anymore. As you can tell by their responses they don't actually listen to what you say or even care to listen. They have their narrative and that is that is far as they are concerned. Any anyone with an opinion otherwise is stupid in their view. Very closed minded and narcissistic. 

Go to bed now kid, it's late.

Also Hystery, i am not a child. I am nearly 30 and probably older than you ironically. So take your passive aggressive incorrect age smack talk back to Xbox Live with the rest of the people with a false sense of superiority and political/historical intellect. Lol. Or as you would say, " go to bed kiddie, it's past your bed time. " If you are going to antagonize and instigate, i will continue to respond. So do whatever unjust disilinary action you see fit, because I'm not just going to be talked down to and condescended on here routinely without retort. 

Edited by GTALawEnforcer

derp.png

4-DAVID-20 

As you can tell by their responses they don't actually listen to what you say or even care to listen. They have their narrative and that is that is far as they are concerned. Any anyone with an opinion otherwise is stupid in their view. Very closed minded and narcissistic. 

Do you ever look into a mirror? -You- have a narrative. Something happens, it's muslisms' or black people's fault. An officer is attacked, it's a muslim or a black person, gotta be one. A shop is being looted, it's muslims immigrants or african americans, gotta be them. And if someone disagrees with you, they're nasty people hating the US and guns. And you dare tell others are close-minded and narcissistic? You can't be serious.

Also Hystery, i am not a child. I am nearly 30 and probably older than you ironically. So take your passive aggressive incorrect age smack talk back to Xbox Live with the rest of the people with a false sense of superiority and political/historical intellect. Lol. Or as you would say, " go to bed kiddie, it's past your bed time. " If you are going to antagonize and instigate, i will continue to respond. So do whatever unjust disilinary action you see fit, because I'm not just going to be talked down to and condescended on here routinely without retort. 

Being 30 (I do hope you actually aren't because otherwise it'd be scary af to act this way at this age) never stopped anyone to act like a child, which is exactly what you're doing. Repeating the same thing, over and over, and over and over and over like a kid asking "Are we there yet?". And don't you dare start talking about antogonize and instigate, because, and I'd love to remind you, this was supposed to be a discussion about a british officer being assaulted, and YOU brought France in the discussion, YOU directly named me even though I didn't talk to you but about the topic discussed at hand in the first place, all by yourself. Stop trying to victimize yourself because it won't work, everyone can see through your petty attempt at saving yourself.

Edited by Hystery