logunnadastunna

Any way to stop suspects from tripping over nothing during foot chases?

I've never had a good foot chase because they always fall over after 5 yards.  I've even let them get up and keep running to make it interesting and they run two feet and fall over again.

NOTE: Before anyone suggests it, I've disabled the tackling script so it's not that.

7 hours ago, logunnadastunna said:

I've never had a good foot chase because they always fall over after 5 yards.  I've even let them get up and keep running to make it interesting and they run two feet and fall over again.

NOTE: Before anyone suggests it, I've disabled the tackling script so it's not that.

This was a feature introduced to 0.3 due to the AI running as fast as The Flash.  I've seen a small amount of people report that the suspect trips too much, but I've never had this happen as frequently as folks report.

1 hour ago, Giordano said:

This was a feature introduced to 0.3 due to the AI running as fast as The Flash.  I've seen a small amount of people report that the suspect trips too much, but I've never had this happen as frequently as folks report.

It happens way too often I think.  Plus I'm usually able to keep up with the suspects.

Yeah i agree, they tend to trip in nearly every foot pursuit for me, sometimes they trip 3+ times as well. It would be nice for the "chanceoftrip" on foot chases to be editable in a configuration file. Vehicle chases are already easy enough with the suspects exiting and running on foot whenever you park infront of them. At least have the foot chases be harder.

derp.png

4-DAVID-20 

20 hours ago, GTALawEnforcer said:

Yeah i agree, they tend to trip in nearly every foot pursuit for me, sometimes they trip 3+ times as well. It would be nice for the "chanceoftrip" on foot chases to be editable in a configuration file. Vehicle chases are already easy enough with the suspects exiting and running on foot whenever you park infront of them. At least have the foot chases be harder.

Not to mention they get stuck in traffic which kills the pacing of the pursuit.

3 hours ago, logunnadastunna said:

This, so much this. It happens every pursuit, they get hundreds of yards away from you and are JUST about to break visual contact, then they suddenly start going 20-30mph behind a car in the lane infront of them. Like you said above, it kills the pacing and is incredibly unimpressive. Can we program evading drivers to GO around traffic instead of stopping for it?.

Edited by GTALawEnforcer

derp.png

4-DAVID-20 

On 6/18/2018 at 7:27 AM, logunnadastunna said:

Look forward to  0.4 where the AI drivers are suppose to be much improved.

As for the tripping, it's usually me that's tripping. Run within 10ft of a PED and I trip.  I found that keeping up with a Perp on foot though is all I can do. Thank god for backup and the tazer.

11 hours ago, phantoms said:

Look forward to  0.4 where the AI drivers are suppose to be much improved.

As for the tripping, it's usually me that's tripping. Run within 10ft of a PED and I trip.  I found that keeping up with a Perp on foot though is all I can do. Thank god for backup and the tazer.

Actually that's a tackle script from Arrest Manager.  By default it's mapped to the A button on a controller (which is the sprint button) You can disable that in the ini file.