Cyan

Welcome to LCPDFR.com Seven (4.3)

Hi all,

We've upgraded to the latest version of our community software, Invision Community 4.3, this internally marks the seventh notable version upgrade of LCPDFR.com (although I'm unsure if the number is entirely accurate through our huge history at this point!).

Most of the changes are back-end and code related, but there are a few changes that are worth talking about:

• Gallery Changes / Improvements
    The latest Gallery changes make it easier to share you images with LCPDFR.com than ever before. The uploading process has been completely revamped to make sharing images as easy as possible.
    As well as this, the image viewer has been modernised, and focuses a lot more on the image itself.
    In the following days, our policy of 5 images at once will be removed. Keep an eye out for more information.

• Improved Emoji support
    This new update brings heavy improvements to the Emoji system. You can access this in the Emoji button 🙂 in the editor, or by using Discord and Slack like shortcuts, e.g. :smile: -- you can see an example of this in action here. We'll hopefully be bringing some custom emojis to the site soon -- and we're happy for suggestions!

• Search Improvements
    Over the next few weeks, we'll be moving our search system to Elasticsearch, a more powerful full-text search engine. I think I can speak for all of us when I say improving our slightly-lacking search is a massive priority, and this will pick up the quality of results.

• Performance Improvements
    LCPDFR.com can be slow at times, and a lot of it is due to the fact that the website does not make a great deal use of caching. This update brings better caching to the site to speed up everyone's experience a bit.

If you have any feedback, or notice anything a bit off, please let us know. I can imagine that most of you probably won't notice much has changed!

Cyan.

The gallery is actually helpful for those who upload often can who comments and likes more easily than before. Always nice to have a little changes so everything isn't the same old same old for years. 

I'm sorry for the double post, but I'm having some issues with the search function. Whenever I go to vehicle textures and search for something and select the 'this category option' I still get over 1000 results, what am I doing worng?

Probably a little bit late now, but when I'm browsing Galleries here, the Images either load extremely slowly, or not at all.

On other Image heavy Websites I visit (Imgur to name one) they load fine.

6 hours ago, PhillBellic said:

Probably a little bit late now, but when I'm browsing Galleries here, the Images either load extremely slowly, or not at all.

Is this something that has started in the past few days or since the upgrade? 

1 minute ago, Cyan said:

Is this something that has started in the past few days or since the upgrade? 

I've been experiencing it as well, and it started right after the upgrade.

On 5/27/2018 at 7:05 AM, Giordano said:

I've been experiencing it as well, and it started right after the upgrade.

After the Upgrade?

I've had problems with Image Loading even before the Upgrade.

Cyan, any other Information I can get you?

On 5/28/2018 at 9:46 AM, PhillBellic said:

After the Upgrade?

I've had problems with Image Loading even before the Upgrade.

Cyan, any other Information I can get you?

On 5/26/2018 at 3:17 PM, PhillBellic said:

We've made some changes today that might improve this. Let us know. 

On 5/13/2018 at 3:26 AM, TheSandwichStealer said:

I'm sorry for the double post, but I'm having some issues with the search function. Whenever I go to vehicle textures and search for something and select the 'this category option' I still get over 1000 results, what am I doing worng?

I think we fixed this.

On 5/26/2018 at 3:17 PM, PhillBellic said:

I have the same problem for the notifications bar. Seems to load pretty slowly when I get new 'reactions'.

Also, what's the deal with 'reacted'? Are we rolling out other means of reacting to posts - i.e. liking or disliking? I'm fearing that's going to be abused, if so, by a minority of individuals.

17 minutes ago, Hullian111 said:

I have the same problem for the notifications bar. Seems to load pretty slowly when I get new 'reactions'.

Also, what's the deal with 'reacted'? Are we rolling out other means of reacting to posts - i.e. liking or disliking? I'm fearing that's going to be abused, if so, by a minority of individuals.

We performed maintenance yesterday which has fixed the majority of the lag. However, there are a few things which could still do with some fine tuning.

In regards to the 'reacted', they've changed the notification text to that, but reactions have been there for a while in software. I can't imagine we'd add any reactions which would have the ability to decrease reputation, but we may add positive/neutral ones in the future, but it's currently not planned.

On 5/30/2018 at 4:46 AM, Cyan said:

We've made some changes today that might improve this. Let us know. 

I think we fixed this.

I'm noticing some vast improvements in the time it takes in loading Images now.

Thanks, Cyan. 🙂