BrendanWoolbert

What settings do you use for using a controller w/ LSPDFR, ELS etc?

I was just wondering how some of you guys who choose to play with a controller manage all the different keybinds and how to remap them to the controller. I mean I know how to remap keys to controller buttons, but I'm wondering which keys you bind to which buttons etc. Thank you so much for any help or suggestions!

First I use Button Set 19 from the Free Me! mod

then I've set the police radio on/ off to the "back button" on the X360 Controller.

Now for ELS, I disable "controller keybind" and use a software called Controller Companion ( steam link here). It's pretty cheap, works why every single game and has a better interface than any other controller emulators.

My setup is like this:

For ELS:

DPad Left: Emulates J Keyboard Key- Lightstage 1,2 and 3

DPad Up - Emulates Keyboard Key Enable / Disable Siren

DPad Right - Emulates H Keyboard Key Enable / Disable Headlights/ Takedowns ( button set 19 disables the headlight OEM keybind, so I emulate the keyboard to "re-enable" it)

B- Emulates T Keyboard Key Manual Mode/ Siren 2 ( manual mode when siren enabled)

Police Radio:
Back Button- On/ OFf

DPad Down- Menu Down ( unfortunately I disabled Menu Up because of ELS)

X- Enter/ Accept

For other mods like Search Warrant, Easy Loadout, etc  I use the keyboard binds as for shootouts/ running after suspects the keyboard and mouse configuration is more accurate.

On 4/12/2018 at 1:48 PM, riquebr said:

First I use Button Set 19 from the Free Me! mod

then I've set the police radio on/ off to the "back button" on the X360 Controller.

Now for ELS, I disable "controller keybind" and use a software called Controller Companion ( steam link here). It's pretty cheap, works why every single game and has a better interface than any other controller emulators.

My setup is like this:

For ELS:

DPad Left: Emulates J Keyboard Key- Lightstage 1,2 and 3

DPad Up - Emulates Keyboard Key Enable / Disable Siren

DPad Right - Emulates H Keyboard Key Enable / Disable Headlights/ Takedowns ( button set 19 disables the headlight OEM keybind, so I emulate the keyboard to "re-enable" it)

B- Emulates T Keyboard Key Manual Mode/ Siren 2 ( manual mode when siren enabled)

Police Radio:
Back Button- On/ OFf

DPad Down- Menu Down ( unfortunately I disabled Menu Up because of ELS)

X- Enter/ Accept

For other mods like Search Warrant, Easy Loadout, etc  I use the keyboard binds as for shootouts/ running after suspects the keyboard and mouse configuration is more accurate.

Thanks, man. Yeah, I use controller companion also. So much easier to use like you said. I'm just having trouble figuring out what buttons to use for what. Thanks for your suggestions!

I have never used controller companion, and honestly don't see what it offers that is so good.

I'm using mostly all the default buttons, just changed Smart Radio's function to right button.

Posted (edited)

I'm having problems deciding on what to use too. Got use to Smart Radio and then installed ELS which wants to use the all of the Dpad too. Wish I could just have the controller toggle on lightstage3 and siren (like before) and then use the keyboard to make other adjustments for ELS.

Edited by phantoms

Posted (edited)

I ended up just setting None for all of Police Radio's controller bindings and then changing the keyboard bindings to the arrow keys. Left to toggle Police Radio, Up and Down to move up and down and Right to select. So far I don't see any bad effects in game.

Edited by phantoms