DS Young

Trump to ban all schools!

Hi all. 

Following the recent, horrific incident at Stoneman Douglas High school in Parkland Florida, I came across this article.

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/11/15/donald-trump-calls-for-a-ban-on-schools-after-latest-us-school-shooting/

Obviously this is a fake article and someone just trying to make light heartness of the situation, but it really does seem like the thing that Trump would do, and think that it was a great idea! Just thought I would share it with you all for a little laugh.

Thanks folks.

Edited by DS Young

Regards,

DS Young.

Detective Sergeant.

This isn’t funny at all, because there are a lot of morons out there that would actually believe this to be true. Websites like this are literally the source is fake news across the globe. 

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

53 minutes ago, TheDivineHustle said:

This isn’t funny at all, because there are a lot of morons out there that would actually believe this to be true. Websites like this are literally the source is fake news across the globe. 

Did you believe this was real and thats why you don't find it funny?

Regards,

DS Young.

Detective Sergeant.

1 hour ago, TheDivineHustle said:

While fake news is a problem, you have to laugh sometimes.  The world is currently filed non-stop tragedy, humor is one way to help cope with it.

55 minutes ago, Kallus said:

While fake news is a problem, you have to laugh sometimes.  The world is currently filed non-stop tragedy, humor is one way to help cope with it.

I agree. I will say that it did make me chuckle at first, but there are millions of Americans that would believe this and share it across social media in a paraphrased fashion. It’s also a double-standard. It’s funny to make fun of something Trump did/would say, but if we were to crack a joke about black people or gay people, suddenly it’s not funny. 

1 hour ago, DS Young said:

Did you believe this was real and thats why you don't find it funny?

If that’s the illogical implication that you got from my post, then sure. 

Edited by TheDivineHustle

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

2 hours ago, TheDivineHustle said:

It’s also a double-standard. It’s funny to make fun of something Trump did/would say, but if we were to crack a joke about black people or gay people, suddenly it’s not funny.

I'd say it highly depends on the intents behind the joke. Being in couple with a man, I don't mind gay jokes, as long as the intent behind it was indeed just to joke around, but it's hard to tell online, and many people use humor to hide their malicious intent to hurt or mock the concerned people.

So yeah, if the intent is to just have a bit of fun without truly wanting to mock or belittle or hurt the concerned people, it's alright and I'm alright with it.

Edited by Hystery

On 17/02/2018 at 1:51 PM, Officer GILLETTE ABDI said:

Hello Everyone rochdaleherald is a Parody news organization like postillon(is from Germany)

On 16/02/2018 at 5:07 PM, DS Young said:

Obviously this is a fake article and someone just trying to make light heartness of the situation, 

WELL NO!

In terms of dark humour's offensiveness, if you pull it off like The Onion did on 9/11, and after every shooting - nuanced and respectful, yet still reasonably humourus to a lower extent, then it's okay by me.

OP, you might want to change the title, it is slightly clickbait.

Why does GTA modding hate me?!

met-ssq-banner.png.103ff56432d9f43b3fb6c09822e0e399.png

Just now, Hullian111 said:

WELL NO!

In terms of dark humour's offensiveness, if you pull it off like The Onion did on 9/11, and after every shooting - nuanced and respectful, yet still reasonably humourus to a lower extent, then it's okay by me.

about clickbait, do you mean me?

Here is the Polizeikommissar Officer GILLETTE ABDI

10 hours ago, Officer GILLETTE ABDI said:

about clickbait, do you mean me?

No, he meant the person who made this thread.

OP = original poster, which is another name for thread starter.

23 hours ago, Hullian111 said:

How is it clickbait-y, it's pretty obvious that the title is a joke.

I mean, if someone takes the title seriously, the issue lies with them, not the title.

It's actually kind of funny. We can't talk about anything in this category without it turning into a debate and the topic eventually being shut down. 

4 hours ago, TheDivineHustle said:

It's actually kind of funny. We can't talk about anything in this category without it turning into a debate and the topic eventually being shut down. 

To be fair, the main point of this section is for debates, so we really don't care if a topic turns into one.  Debates aren't the problem, though.  it's that most people who reply to these topics resort to personal attacks in order to get their point across, and are unable to to make it through a debate respectfully.  I wish we could have nothing but respectable debates, but it won't happen.  Everyone has their own opinion, so it's expected that people might get heated.  However, instead of stepping back and cooling down, they decide being civil is no longer an option.  (Want to make it clear, I am not pointing any fingers.  Just saying 'they' in general)

Honestly, If most of the people that are well known for getting heated would be more civil and respectful, we probably could have many, many of proper and fun debates that would never need to be locked.

On 2/28/2018 at 12:49 AM, Giordano said:

To be fair, the main point of this section is for debates, so we really don't care if a topic turns into one.  Debates aren't the problem, though.  it's that most people who reply to these topics resort to personal attacks in order to get their point across, and are unable to to make it through a debate respectfully.  I wish we could have nothing but respectable debates, but it won't happen.  Everyone has their own opinion, so it's expected that people might get heated.  However, instead of stepping back and cooling down, they decide being civil is no longer an option.  (Want to make it clear, I am not pointing any fingers.  Just saying 'they' in general)

Honestly, If most of the people that are well known for getting heated would be more civil and respectful, we probably could have many, many of proper and fun debates that would never need to be locked.

So then how do fix the problem? 

Just now, TheDivineHustle said:

So then how do fix the problem? 

It's up to the people who usually cause the problems to fix it, which will likely never happen.  We'll just continue going around in this loop of a new thread is posted, someone says something that others don't like, turns into a debate, then becomes personal attacks, moderators warn everyone, people idiotically choose to ignore us, and we close the thread.  That's how it works on this forum, and I hate that it's the "normal" for us.