OfficerCrader

Traffic stop FPS drop

Hello,

recently after the update I have been having an odd issue with traffic stops. I have a high end PC and never had this issue before. The issue is when I stop a car as soon as I approach the car my game drops to 14-16 FPS. Then once I return to my vehicle it goes back up to the normal FPS. Everything else runs super smooth like normal, I thought it could be a script I recently installed (Traffic Control) but it was not the issue. The only time I have the FPD drop is on a traffic stop standing at the stopped cars window.

All my scripts and everything are up to date running the most current version.

If anyone has an answer or an idea I would much appreciate it.

Thanks, have a great day.

-Crader

4 hours ago, OfficerCrader said:

recently after the update I have been having an odd issue with traffic stops. I have a high end PC and never had this issue before. The issue is when I stop a car as soon as I approach the car my game drops to 14-16 FPS. Then once I return to my vehicle it goes back up to the normal FPS. Everything else runs super smooth like normal, I thought it could be a script I recently installed (Traffic Control) but it was not the issue. The only time I have the FPD drop is on a traffic stop standing at the stopped cars window.

All my scripts and everything are up to date running the most current version.

If anyone has an answer or an idea I would much appreciate it.

Hi, I got similar issue.

When approaching the driver during traffic stop, my FPS drop from >70 to 40. (already using RPH 0.60)

It seems this problem is also related to the RageNativeUI which is used to display the traffic stop menu GUI.

Try to open up EUP Menu, and you'll see the same FPS drop.

Currently I'm back using GTA V patch 1180 and RPH 0.57 because of so many issues (performance and stability) on the latest patch 1290.

5 hours ago, BejoIjo said:

Hi, I got similar issue.

When approaching the driver during traffic stop, my FPS drop from >70 to 40. (already using RPH 0.60)

It seems this problem is also related to the RageNativeUI which is used to display the traffic stop menu GUI.

Try to open up EUP Menu, and you'll see the same FPS drop.

Currently I'm back using GTA V patch 1180 and RPH 0.57 because of so many issues (performance and stability) on the latest patch 1290.

That sounds about right! I'm going to try and install the oldest rage I can for the new patch. I made a mistake and didn't back up the old version! Whoops.

thank you telling me this, it makes sense now! Glad it's just a bug that will get worked out eventually!

I am interested to get feedback from people experiencing this issue — I have developed what may be a workaround/fix for this issue. If you are willing and able to test a custom RAGENativeUI.dll file from me to see if this increases the frame rate on RPH 0.60, please send me a PM.

As you might guess, I make PeterUCallouts. I love working to bring LSPDFR players the kind of callouts that strike a good balance between realism and fun and are stable & varied!

Unfortunately I cannot offer support via PM -- please use the forums, so that others may benefit from your solutions!

Looks like @alexguirre has just released the new RAGENativeUI. Thanks!

https://github.com/alexguirre/RAGENativeUI/releases

UPDATE:

Unfortunately the FPS still drops when player is approaching the stopped driver.

The good thing is, when we press E to open traffic stop menu, the FPS is back up.

I have no idea. perhaps it's also related to traffic policer plugin which suppresses the original LSPDFR traffic stop menu.

I got to rollback again to 1180/0.57.

Edited by BejoIjo

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 12:37 PM, PeterU said:

I am interested to get feedback from people experiencing this issue — I have developed what may be a workaround/fix for this issue. If you are willing and able to test a custom RAGENativeUI.dll file from me to see if this increases the frame rate on RPH 0.60, please send me a PM.

18 hours ago, BejoIjo said:

Looks like @alexguirre has just released the new RAGENativeUI. Thanks!

https://github.com/alexguirre/RAGENativeUI/releases

UPDATE:

Unfortunately the FPS still drops when player is approaching the stopped driver.

The good thing is, when we press E to open traffic stop menu, the FPS is back up.

I have no idea. perhaps it's also related to traffic policer plugin which suppresses the original LSPDFR traffic stop menu.

I got to rollback again to 1180/0.57.

Yup, once I open the TrafficPolicer menu the FPS goes back up to normal. soon as I get an ID, or close the menu down they go until I get back to my patrol car.

2 minutes ago, OfficerFirefirst said:

this is apparently a wide spread problem and where all suffering from it 

That's what I'm beginning to realize! It's tolerable but annoying going from smooth gameplay to laggy gameplay. Thankfully it's just on the interaction on traffic stops. 

Hopefully it's get smoothed out sometime!

Just now, OfficerCrader said:

That's what I'm beginning to realize! It's tolerable but annoying going from smooth gameplay to laggy gameplay. Thankfully it's just on the interaction on traffic stops. 

i get what i now refer to as a lag zone either its beside the window or behind the car always during traffic stops so so f*cking annoying but im sure there will be a fix soon

Cst.Blackcat Paleto Bay Unit#420

31 minutes ago, OfficerCrader said:

FIGURED IT OUT WHAT IS CAUSING THE MASSIVE LAG ITS RAGE NATIVE UI TRY DOWNGRADING AND THIS SHOULD FIX YOUR PROBLEM

11 minutes ago, OfficerFirefirst said:

FIGURED IT OUT WHAT IS CAUSING THE MASSIVE LAG ITS RAGE NATIVE UI TRY DOWNGRADING AND THIS SHOULD FIX YOUR PROBLEM

I heard it was NativeUI (it said it the description on newest realease he dosnt know exactly how to fix the lag with traffic stops yet) Do you think installing an old one would fix it?!

43 minutes ago, OfficerCrader said:

I heard it was NativeUI (it said it the description on newest realease he dosnt know exactly how to fix the lag with traffic stops yet) Do you think installing an old one would fix it?!

yes but you would also have to downgrade traffic policier and arrest manager cause they require a native UI that still lags like shit i tried a older version the two plugins didint support and everything was smooth again

Good! I will do that or just try to stand the lag for now until an update! Least we know the source of this issue. 

Thank you for clearing some of it up!! 

Meryy Christmas!! 

11 hours ago, HeyImSquiggles said:

Final Info:

It has been concluded that RageNativeUI is the problem. Any UI that opens via RNU causes

Quite severe FPS drop if you have the incorrect version.

Fix:

Download and install the latest RNU at http://bit.ly/2uTbOYF

Merry Xmas!

Thank you! Unfortunately on that website under the "issues" tab it talks about the FPS drop and mentions it is not totally fixed just improved. I am going to download and install it again just to be sure. 

Merry Xmas too! 

17 hours ago, HeyImSquiggles said:

Final Info:

It has been concluded that RageNativeUI is the problem. Any UI that opens via RNU causes

Quite severe FPS drop if you have the incorrect version.

Fix:

Download and install the latest RNU at http://bit.ly/2uTbOYF

Merry Xmas!

5 hours ago, OfficerCrader said:

Thank you! Unfortunately on that website under the "issues" tab it talks about the FPS drop and mentions it is not totally fixed just improved. I am going to download and install it again just to be sure. 

Merry Xmas too! 

I think the new patch 1290 and RPH 0.60 combo generally has performance issue.

RNU has fixed it, but somehow traffic policer is still suffering FPS drop each time we do traffic stop and approaching the driver.

48 minutes ago, BejoIjo said:

I think the new patch 1290 and RPH 0.60 combo generally has performance issue.

RNU has fixed it, but somehow traffic policer is still suffering FPS drop each time we do traffic stop and approaching the driver.

That would make sense. Now you say that every time I go on duty and all the plugins load Trafficn policed says I am running an outdated version for this game patch and I may experience issues (thus the FPS drop on traffic stops).

hopefully we can get an update for traffic policer soon!

On 1/25/2018 at 12:03 AM, LaStateTrooper1 said:

was just gonna ask about this thanks.

Thankfully  Albo updated all of his scripts including Traffic policer (which was the cause of this FPS issue) and this is now fixed! 👏🏼