Line of sight detection.

Kopalov

Hello everyone.

I'm still learning C# and am very new to LSPDFR, so I wonder if there is a way to determine whether a nearby ped/vehicle is in my character's line of sight or not. For example if I want to get all game-created vehicles in 100f and make an array of them, can I sort out visible ones?

Edited by Kopalov

On 8.3.2017 at 1:06 AM, Kopalov said:

Hello everyone.

I'm still learning C# and am very new to LSPDFR, so I wonder if there is a way to determine whether a nearby ped/vehicle is in my character's line of sight or not. For example if I want to get all game-created vehicles in 100f and make an array of them, can I sort out visible ones?

On 8.3.2017 at 5:44 PM, ToastinYou said:

LOS (Line of Site) natives will do the trick. Here is an example of one;

http://www.dev-c.com/nativedb/func/info/FCDFF7B72D23A1AC#fntrg-fcdff7b72d23a1ac

As these are pretty resource hungry, what I do is to check distance first and then use the natives. And also, I perform the check in a seperate gamefiber that waits for 200 ms after every check. That way, from a the player's perspective it is still relatively fluid and realistic while also reducing resource usage by checking only five times per second as opposed to 60.