I would like to make my own police car mods (& possibly release them to the public if i am satisfied with my work) but I dont know where to start, what pograms to use & how to do the whole 9 yards. I'd like to experiment as well, therefore using a tutorial wont be much fun. Does anyone know where I can get the GTA IV tool to create cars? (ie police cars)

Edited by 1stCavMedic

You'd need 3d modeling experience

Ok, then forget it xD But i have quite a few vehicles i'd like to see be created.. does anyone do tht?

If it's a crown victoria there are unlocked models on GPM, you can then also find unlocked lightbars and put them on, or you can create your own. Just be sure to credit any other authors work you use and always make sure you have permission to release.

You could do as tom said, get an unlocked model and a light bar...then Buck around with some 3d max, and zmodler, zmodler is free i think, and 3d max is you need to pay for

Nope, if you want to import models, which you will have to if you want to use the unlocked models then you have to pay. Unless you get it from another source :)

Just to be clear, piracy is bad.