world events/random events

Bhavin2707

Heyy guys m preparing a plugin in which i   want to include some world events i have no idea on how to do it as i am scripthookv developer i never worked with ragehook before. . . I searched in lspdfr master api it tells about callouts but not world events. . .as callouts does have their own function does world events have it too. . . . If u know any guide or if u can explain how to do it would be great :)

You have to write them yourself, there is no API class that's usable right now.

What I do is, I have a GameFiber that runs in the background (much like a regular RPH plugin), and uses a timer/stopwatch to trigger the events at a certain interval. Note that you need to do a series of checks, to make sure the player isn't already in a pursuit or a callout, make sure that any peds you get from the world are valid/actually exist, etc.

I wrote my own base class for ambient events, which handles those checks, and any other code that is common to all the events I create. See my inheritance example on the GitHub repo...its for callouts, but the principle is the same.

However, all of that being said, I would recommend that you get yourself comfortable with the inner workings of C# and .NET first. Rome wasn't built overnight...you should be comfortable with the concepts of programming before attempting a project like this.

Stealth22
LSPDFR Tester | Plugin Developer
My Plugins: Code 3 Callouts | Traffic Control | Keep Calm | ALPR+

Please do not PM me for any kind of technical support.
I unfortunately do not have enough free time to answer every PM that I get. For issues with my plugins, please post in the comments section of the file, or it's forum thread. You'll get a much quicker response from me there than if you send me a PM; I do my best to respond to every question in the comments sections. For API/programming questions, please post them in the API Development forum, so all developers can benefit from the answer as well. Thanks!

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Stealth22 said:

You have to write them yourself, there is no API class that's usable right now.

What I do is, I have a GameFiber that runs in the background (much like a regular RPH plugin), and uses a timer/stopwatch to trigger the events at a certain interval. Note that you need to do a series of checks, to make sure the player isn't already in a pursuit or a callout, make sure that any peds you get from the world are valid/actually exist, etc.

I wrote my own base class for ambient events, which handles those checks, and any other code that is common to all the events I create. See my inheritance example on the GitHub repo...its for callouts, but the principle is the same.

However, all of that being said, I would recommend that you get yourself comfortable with the inner workings of C# and .NET first. Rome wasn't built overnight...you should be comfortable with the concepts of programming before attempting a project like this.

Heyyy. . . Thanx for the reply yaa i know m not much experienced as i am in final year of my school but m clear with my programming Skill But i still got to learn  I know u r talking about inheritance Concepts and I created A base class with all those stuff i may need. . . Actually i think i didn't Make My questions clear i wanTed to ask how to do it using rageHooK and lspdfr like there R some stuff Like initialize and finalize,Onduty check n all I did all these stuff created A new folder n created a new class accordinG to Api pdf but then what i am noT able to use tick , keydown , keyup As i used to do in scripthook v scriPts even though I added system.Windows.forms and wrote using system.windows.forms It doesnot allow me i am confused wIth all tHese stuff please make me clear of my stuff if U can i mAde a callout successfulLy but not done with the world events :(