xGRAVEKILLERx

Resolution leading to long load times

Ok so i have a Intel HD3000 graphics card with 2.24GB of video ram, of course GTA doesn't register more that 62Mb. So I use the -nomemresticions work-around. the game will start i set my resolution to 1280x800. I hit play and about 2 1/2 hours later it's still loading. So i set it to minimum settings and boom loads in secs. BUT, the world doesn't load. So i go change the resolution and it works fine. (all that was yesterday) So when i go to load my game i set it to min. but once it loads now when i even open the map i get invalided resource: RC20. help Please.

I don't think, even under the perfect circumstances, your machine has what it takes to run GTA IV.

Edited by frienno

RC20

Invalid resource detected - Please re-install the game

You might wanna try this first, reinstall....

I don't think, even under the perfect circumstances, your machine has what it takes to run GTA IV.

why would you say that? it run fine around 25 fps, back before i bought the game.

RC20

Invalid resource detected - Please re-install the game

You might wanna try this first, reinstall....

i tried no difference

As the mods would say, please don't double post, use the multi-quote Have you modded anything recently?

As the mods would say, please don't double post, use the multi-quote Have you modded anything recently?

sorry i replay then had to reply to you, i have a car mod and els. I'll try removeing them

My i7-2600k's HD 3000 can run IV on medium settings very smoothly with only 512MB shared RAM.

@xGRAVEKILLERx: Posts merged, please use the edit or multiquote buttons in future.

My i7-2600k's HD 3000 can run IV on medium settings very smoothly with only 512MB shared RAM.

@xGRAVEKILLERx: Posts merged, please use the edit or multiquote buttons in future.

my bad.

Ok so it runs fine without any modded cars. But could it be the fact i use open iv?

Edited by xGRAVEKILLERx

Issue with modded cars, is most of the modded cars add a lot more to the game than the 'standard' cars, which can kinda increase the load the system needs.

Now, the main issue with having an Intel Integrated in the CPU, is, it's not just the integrated GPU, it's also what CPU, and how much RAM you got in general.

If you got an i3 or i5 sandy bridge w/ the HD3000 integration, the overall performance is going to be notably different than someone with the HD3000 on an i7. How much system RAM you have is going to factor into performance as well obviously, since it does not have it's own VRAM like a 'standard' GPU would (nVidia/AMD), that HD3000 is effectively sharing the RAM of your system and is set to a specific amount.

If you know how, I'd suggest checking your BIOS/UEFI, see if you can't "Increase" the shared memory to your GPU (which normally you should be able to), assuming you have a fair bit of RAM in your box. It could probably help, I know in this system I got here, even though I don't use the integrated memory at all, the UEFI was defaulted to only 128MB of shared RAM in the settings, so it's probably worth a look.

Issue with modded cars, is most of the modded cars add a lot more to the game than the 'standard' cars, which can kinda increase the load the system needs.

Now, the main issue with having an Intel Integrated in the CPU, is, it's not just the integrated GPU, it's also what CPU, and how much RAM you got in general.

If you got an i3 or i5 sandy bridge w/ the HD3000 integration, the overall performance is going to be notably different than someone with the HD3000 on an i7. How much system RAM you have is going to factor into performance as well obviously, since it does not have it's own VRAM like a 'standard' GPU would (nVidia/AMD), that HD3000 is effectively sharing the RAM of your system and is set to a specific amount.

If you know how, I'd suggest checking your BIOS/UEFI, see if you can't "Increase" the shared memory to your GPU (which normally you should be able to), assuming you have a fair bit of RAM in your box. It could probably help, I know in this system I got here, even though I don't use the integrated memory at all, the UEFI was defaulted to only 128MB of shared RAM in the settings, so it's probably worth a look.

Well, i use a a non-mac mac book pro.

I have a quad-core GHz processor

Intel HD3000 (as stated)

4GB ram

and some kind of hdd

I found the problem with the modded cars and i needed to change "preloadallmodels to true"

so the only problem is the resolution causing long load times.

A non-mac macbook pro? in other words....a Mac...running windows like I used to do....I could never get it to run right on mac running windows...

A non-mac macbook pro? in other words....a Mac...running windows like I used to do....I could never get it to run right on mac running windows...

yes i removed mac for the most part. It works very well for me.

of course my mac is now almost 6 years old, blew up a hard drive, the battery is toast and its slower than molasses. would you mind checking the diagnostic to be sure you can handle GTA IV with most mods?

You keep saying how things work fine, but if that were the case, you wouldn't be here :P

And what CPU exactly, you say "Quad core", but that could be either an i5 or an i7 really.

And you list off only 4GB of RAM, which if you have a current Windows release such as Vista or 7, Aero alone will generally reserve 1GB of that for itself, plus when you factor in general application overhead from other things, and the fact that GTA will take up 2-3 GB itself pretty easily at higher loads, even if you do raise the GPU accessable RAM in the BIOS/UEFI, you're probably not gonna have a lot of extra room to work with I think.

of course my mac is now almost 6 years old, blew up a hard drive, the battery is toast and its slower than molasses. would you mind checking the diagnostic to be sure you can handle GTA IV with most mods?

I know from prior knowledge it does not very fast but it works

You keep saying how things work fine, but if that were the case, you wouldn't be here :P

And what CPU exactly, you say "Quad core", but that could be either an i5 or an i7 really.

And you list off only 4GB of RAM, which if you have a current Windows release such as Vista or 7, Aero alone will generally reserve 1GB of that for itself, plus when you factor in general application overhead from other things, and the fact that GTA will take up 2-3 GB itself pretty easily at higher loads, even if you do raise the GPU accessible* RAM in the BIOS/UEFI, you're probably not gonna have a lot of extra room to work with I think.

i have a i5 but when i play i use game-booster and it disables explorer so yea the only problem i run in to now is if i use 1280x800 the loading slides will just keep coming but if i use 800x640(smallest) it load fine but when i get in-game the map is not loaded if you need i can post pictures.

Disabling explorer will effectively save you minimal memory. Honestly those things like 'Game booster' are halfway shams (some are actually even harmful).

Some -can- help in some cases, but a lot of times I'd venture to even call it a placebo effect myself.

All in all, ultimately, in my opinion I think the low amount of RAM you have, added to the fact it's an i5 using what shared memory it can is going to be your primary bottleneck. Try to increase the shared RAM in the manner I said, or maybe time to start looking into getting a low to mid range GeForce or something, a lot of the 400 series cards are pretty affordable on newegg now.

Edit:

If anything, the fact lower resolutions help some, pretty much should go to show what I've been saying is basically accurate, seeing as higher resolutions will tax more and require more, so if you get a better experience on lower resolutions, my assumption would be the available memory it has to work with, whether shared VRAM or RAM in general.

Edited by Synapt