gtamods123

Will this work?

Like Tom said, it really depends on your graphics card, RAM, and processor. If you give us that info we can give you a more accurate response.

Will a 1 GB Graphic card and a 500Watt Power source work well for GTA 4?

Hey sir,

Typically a 1 GB Graphic card would be able to chug along exceptionally, but there are a lot of factors to determine if that specific 1GB card will run GTA:IV. For example, my previous card was a GT220 1GB DDR2 from Nvidia with an Intel Core 1 Quad CPU Q6600 clocking @ 2.40 GHz. I could run GTA:IV with about 15 FPS on average. I have recently upgraded to an ATI Radeon 5770 1GB graphics card with the same CPU and I average 20-30 FPS.

When dealing with a computer, the PSU isn't really a factor for your performance. As long as your Graphics Card, Processor, etc are within the requirement of your PSU. When dealing with PSUs it really depends on what the requirements of a card is. For example, my current Radeon ATI card requires a PSU of about 440, where as my previous one was an estimated of 300 or so. These aren't exact numbers, but it required me to update my PSU as well. I purchased a 650 Watt PSU and it has been working flawlessly, no surges no nothing, as long as you get a good manufacturer who is known for good PSUs you will be fine. Granted your case can hold it.

If you can supply us with more information about a specific card you have as an idea, that'd be extremely helpful, a long with that could you supply us with your current PC Specifications?

Thank you,

David

I bought a graphic card Radeon HD 1gb and a 500 watt power source which isnt installed yet, but right now im using the graphic card with a 220 watt power source and its good but game quality isnt to good, is it because i need to put in the bigger power source?

Power doesn't really have to do anything with it. It depends on strength. I can give you a more accurate prediction if you can provide RAM and CPU.

1 Terabyte of ram

1 terabyte is too much for RAM.... run a diagnostic report (located in my signature), and it'll tell you how much RAM you have in the results. Let me know the number it tells you.

Well it says ram supported and such then a text file came up and told me to save it but idk what that is?

Says Status: 0 Errors

System Ram (GB) 3.98

Edited by gtamods123

Well it says ram supported and such then a text file came up and told me to save it but idk what that is?

Says Status: 0 Errors

System Ram (GB) 3.98

Okay so you have about 4 GB of RAM. That's pretty good. What CPU does the computer have? Everything looks fine for now.

Sorry but whats CPU?

CPU is your processor, like Intel core i5, intel core i7, intel core i3, etc. There are also AMD processors. Just reply back with the one you have and I can make a final guess.

The graphics are blurry in my game but I have a feeling it's the enb I installed and I think it messed up and my common and pc folder backups were deleted any idea how to get new ones?

The graphics are blurry in my game but I have a feeling it's the enb I installed and I think it messed up and my common and pc folder backups were deleted any idea how to get new ones?

You're going to have to do a fresh install on the game. If they are messed up... then your only choice is the fresh install. If they were just deleted, you can go and fetch them out of the Recycling Bin.

Should i put in a new power source though? with a 1gb graphics card and a 220 watt power source wont work to well and i heard that a 500 watt power source would work better with it

You have to refer to the manufacture's specs and requirements. my gfx card required 400 watts of power, something my 350 just didnt have, so i upped it, eric, Yes it does matter with power, if you have too little, the card will fail

You have to refer to the manufacture's specs and requirements. my gfx card required 400 watts of power, something my 350 just didnt have, so i upped it, eric, Yes it does matter with power, if you have too little, the card will fail

It really depends on the card is what I was trying to say.

most cheap hunks of junk can run just fine on a basic OEM PSU...but the reallyyy good shit needs some extra power

You'd need to specify what model of Radeon graphics it is. Radeon is just a brand, it doesn't mean anything. It's like saying you have an HP computer. From there, we can determine if 220 watts is enough to power it (it's 99% likely it won't be). I can definitely tell you that even if you got an awesome graphics card, your CPU is going to bottleneck your performance. A Pentium is a business class processor, it's not designed for gaming.