Sign in to follow this  
Harper

Looks like K-9 Units are now possible

So, I've just noticed this on GTA-4 Mods

http://www.gta4-mods...-mod-v10-f13762

1334986517_pic1.jpg

From what I've seen, they've had their bone's redone and walk like actual dogs.

1334986517_pic8.jpg

So how could you make them act as K-9 units?

Simple.

Spawn them as a bodyguard with SNT, disable drive by weapons and spawn them unarmed. Attack someone with your fist and they'll attack them

I find this to be a awesome mod.

EDIT: Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WlhpjsW138&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Harper

This is old. The original dog came from a modern warfare pack for gta 4. Looks like he just retextured the dog. Only problem is when it sits in the car, the tail somewhat pops out at the bottom.

I know nothing of scripts, but I've wondered since AC.AMIR originally released this a few months back, whether a script would work to have the K-9 act like a K-9 and go after criminals (knock them down, etc).

Pretty cool stuff, just make sure you set the Bodyguard to combat in order for the dog to attack any hostile peds. It is pretty funny hearing the dog shout random homeless stuff "I aint going back to rehab!"

It is a little dodgy using the Bodyguard feature to have the dog act as a police K9, but it gets the job done, granted I only tested this out for five minutes but it worked out well enough. I'm curious, since there are enough slots to add new weapons, if one could just copy the Unarmed slot and add to the physical force properties, then have the Bodyguard spawn with that added weapon? My question is whether or not SNT will allow you to spawn a ped with an added weapon slot

would be a pretty sweet add-on for LCPDFR :yes::thumbsup:, however SNT is garbage, therefore i cannot use it :sleep:

Guest Andrew.   
Guest Andrew.

This seems pretty awesome. Nicolai make a K9 video! lol

I agree I want to see a K9 script that would be the shit to be honest with you, it would bring LCPD;FR to a whole new another level of realism