ScottyTooHotty

Lightbars (Wanting to learn)

Okay so I am literally going into the unknown here. I am looking to get into coding lightbars/coding lightbar sequences as I think some of the light sequences get quite repetitive and and I'd just like to give it a shot at making my own. I have a few questions. Now is this even a thing to start with? How easy would it be to learn and pick up? What program is the coding done in? Where could I go to learn about this? I have googled this and can't find anything or get any leads. If anyone can give me ANY information then I will really appreciate it! Thanks a lot, I look forward to your responses.

We'll to put ligthbars on the car you zmodler 3 and also there s videos on youtube showing you how to do it

Edited by matt1008

44 minutes ago, ScottehBoyy said:

Okay so I am literally going into the unknown here. I am looking to get into coding lightbars/coding lightbar sequences as I think some of the light sequences get quite repetitive and and I'd just like to give it a shot at making my own. I have a few questions. Now is this even a thing to start with? How easy would it be to learn and pick up? What program is the coding done in? Where could I go to learn about this? I have googled this and can't find anything or get any leads. If anyone can give me ANY information then I will really appreciate it! Thanks a lot, I look forward to your responses.

If you want to learn to code, I suggest www.codeacademy.com   This website helps a lot! ( for all coding languages )

59 minutes ago, ScottehBoyy said:

I missed unstand I thought your were asking how to put a ligthbar on a car 

3 hours ago, Lewispryor1 said:

If you want to learn to code, I suggest www.codeacademy.com   This website helps a lot! ( for all coding languages )

Do you know what program lightbar coding is done in? Or what language? 

3 hours ago, ScottehBoyy said:

Do you know what program lightbar coding is done in? Or what language? 

Do you mean you want to learn how to make your own custom PATTERNS for light-bars in GTA 5?

2 hours ago, ScottehBoyy said:

Yes, flash patterns. :)

forget about it. Or go and learn assembler language and try to decrypt carvariation.ymt. If you do so there is nothing to code - all can be done by ini settings

7 hours ago, sub68 said:

forget about it. Or go and learn assembler language and try to decrypt carvariation.ymt. If you do so there is nothing to code - all can be done by ini settings

Umm, thanks I guess? 

42 minutes ago, ScottehBoyy said:

Umm, thanks I guess? 

you are welcome. Who knows maybe you the only one who will be able to decrypt that file.

GTA is heavily known to hard-code almost every aspect of their games. Meaning something like LSPDFR and LCPDFR do not change anything in the GTA directory, but simply add to the games file system, but in order to change something hard coded like light patterns, you would have to edit GTAs source files yourself, which is very gray territory. Rockstar has been known to go after people who edit their code and release it. So even if you did, giving to someone would be very bad.