Andrew Lincoln

Mercenary WIP's (Currently: LA Law Enforcement Bearcat textures)

In this topic you will be able to see all my work's progress. 

I am currently working on a texture pack for Cosmo's Lenco Bearcat. This will include LAPD, LASD and any other department in and around the area of Los Angeles. Please also be aware, I live in the UK, so any images of vehicles would be appreciated. 

Los Angeles Law Enforcement Lenco Bearcat Textures:

I do need some assistance on the decals. With the pictures I have found from LAPD Bearcats, the rear of the vehicle seems to have 'LAPD' on the doors and thats it. However, I am not sure if that is just it. Furthermore, I am trying to make the textures as realistic as possible. I would like to know the unit numbers for the Bearcats if possible (the pictures below show Rescue 4, which I have found the numbers for). Lastly, the fonts need to be realistic. I am currently using Arial Black for all the white text and Stratum 2 for the gold text. Is this close enough?

56c75b31dcd1c_GTA52016-02-1917-54-54-10.56c75b3dd94b0_GTA52016-02-1917-55-51-14.56c75b4818f6d_GTA52016-02-1917-56-54-01.56c75b4ae3d7a_GTA52016-02-1917-58-56-95.56c75b4d23b8b_GTA52016-02-1917-59-51-95.

README: This has been changed to Stratum2 Bold.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Lookin' good :thumbsup:

From what I've seen in pictures it ranges from Rescue 1 - 4. But I don't think I've seen much higher than that.

And the font looks great too.

22 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Lookin' good :thumbsup:

From what I've seen in pictures it ranges from Rescue 1 - 4. But I don't think I've seen much higher than that.

And the font looks great too.

Thanks. It does seem to range from 1-4, but I have only got the information from Rescue 4. I have seen Rescue 2 and 3 in images as well, but haven't seen Rescue 1. Despite this, I might just have to make the unit number up.

9 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

That would be a problem then. I think that is a Lenco Bear (correct me if I'm wrong)?

here are all 4 rescue trucks:

rescue 1 (Lenco Bear)

Spoiler

LAPD_SWAT_Rescue_vehicle.jpg

Rescue 2 (unknown)

Spoiler

4400090299_e8428cf6b8_b.jpg

Rescue 3 (unknown)

Spoiler

8515394728_cb66692127_b.jpg

Rescue 4 (Lenco BearCat)

Spoiler

5295582185_29cb1a6d60_b.jpg

I dont know what make/model rescue 2-3 are.

Edited by steleb

15 minutes ago, steleb said:

i can only find the 4, maybe ur thinking of the bomb squad vehicles? but i don't believe those are rescues.

I have a found a clear image of Rescue 2, but that is the version with the extending platform. (Didn't see the pictures).

Edited by Mercenary

9 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

I have a found a clear image of Rescue 2, but that is the version with the extending platform. (Didn't see the pictures).

are the pictures that i posted not working?

and the extending platforms, are just add-ons to the vehicles, they can be take-off and put on if needed

The pictures are working, just no notification of when it was posted. The Rescue 3 looks about the same year as Rescue 4, just has the platform extention on. Since LAPD only seem to have one Bearcat without any modifications, I can just keep the one texture. Would you like to have an early look? It's likely that the texture will be uploaded tommorow or Sunday anyway.

43 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

The pictures are working, just no notification of when it was posted. The Rescue 3 looks about the same year as Rescue 4, just has the platform extention on. Since LAPD only seem to have one Bearcat without any modifications, I can just keep the one texture. Would you like to have an early look? It's likely that the texture will be uploaded tommorow or Sunday anyway.

nah im good, i need to reinstall all my cars and stuff anyways, dont like my current setup.

and i'm not sure if i'm going for a realistic fleet or fictional (LAPD or LSPD)

I think i can wait a few days

Edited by steleb

Rescue 1 is a Lenco Bear, Rescue 2 is a older Bearcat, and Rescue 3 and 4 are both Medcats (has access for oxygen in the rear and stuff, more internal stuff) if I recall.