quentin23

Can't spawn replaced policecar mods

Hello,

I have problems with installing police-car plugins. I tried several, but they do not spawn in the gameworld. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Some help is much apreciated.

I follow exactly the Readme 's (if they have one) and replace the corresponding files. If it replaces (e.g.) police3, I spawn police3 in RageHook (F4) but it still spawns the original model, not the replaced one.

Do I miss something?
I have the latest version of Ragehook plugin and OpenIV, the GTA-V steam-version, I have installed the ASI plugins in OpenIV, and always use the Edit-mode.
I replace the car-files, and, if it says so in he readme, I replaced the vehicles.meta too. Then spawn them in the gameworld (F4), but they never appear. I tried with several car-plugins. You can say, the top 6 from the most downloaded police-car plugins. All 6 do not spawn.

Who can help? If you need more information, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your quick reply, Aquamenti

I replaced the files in patchday4ng, or other locations, if the readme says so.

But in this topic:

I read something about manual add the car to the vehicles.meta. But it says nothing about how/what to write in that vehicles.meta.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I really don't get it.

I'm only learning things, but as far as I can understand you don't need to do that unless you're creating brand new vehicles. If you're downloading a vehicle that's supposed to replace the vehicle you're replacing, then you don't have to edit those files.  I recently downloaded Lundy's Declasse Merit which was intended to replace the Stanier. I replaced police3 instead and so I had to add a few lines to a carvariations file according to the very same tutorial you referred to.

Did replacing the models in patchday4ng work for you? I only know that it worked for me.

Edited by Aquamenti

I really appreciate your help!

But also Lundy 's Merit Policecar does not spawn in the gameworld.

This is what I did, step by step.

- With OpenIV I navigated to x64e.rpf/levels/gta5/vehicles.rpf
- go to Edit Mode
- I replaced the files police.yft, police.ytd, police_hi.yft and the police+hi.ytd by drag/drop them into OpenIV.
- I did not rebuild because OpenIv says that is not necessary.
- I closed OpenIV and started GTAV with RagehookPlugin.
- In game I opened Ragehook-console with F4 and typed "spawn police" (without the quotes)
- The default Vapid policecar was spawning.

What did I wrong or have I missed?

On 1/24/2016 at 6:48 PM, quentin23 said:

- I replaced the files police.yft, police.ytd, police_hi.yft and the police+hi.ytd by drag/drop them into OpenIV

Actually dragging and dropping doesn't work when editing GTAV files. Use the "+" icon in the toolbar.

If your ultra lazy about finding DLC's to place vehicles. I placed all mine in the latest DLC and they have all worked perfectly.(patchday8ng i think atm)

1 hour ago, MoreTextures said:

Use OpenIV's mods folder or a mod manager.

It solved, because the game was updated (I have the "mods" folder) :)