LogicGaming

[WIP] My first callout, a large scale "Hands up/Don't shoot" style protest

My first callout, still a WIP due to some bugs.

You are first on scene and your job is to disperse the protesters peacefully. There's a catch though: While post protesters and peaceful and cooperate, every time you call for them to disperse there's a chance some may disobey and fight back. Any provocation of them will also increase the chance for otherwise peaceful protesters to become violent. It's best to call for backup first, but due to poor LSPD policies regarding code 3 travel......well....you'll see how it turned out:

Tell me what you guys think, and if you have suggestions or would like to see more. I hope to release it once I work out the bugs.

Edited by LogicGaming

Haha that was hilarious. Neat idea, one suggestion I'd make is to make vehicle traffic despawn in a radius around the protesters, so no cars will run them over. I know Albo's Pacific Bank heist has that feature. Also, would be cool if backup are pre-dispatched to the location (and hopefully that way they don't run the protesters over), so you don't have to call them in.

2 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

Haha that was hilarious. Neat idea, one suggestion I'd make is to make vehicle traffic despawn in a radius around the protesters, so no cars will run them over. I know Albo's Pacific Bank heist has that feature. Also, would be cool if backup are pre-dispatched to the location (and hopefully that way they don't run the protesters over), so you don't have to call them in.

Yea I'm still experimenting with that, I kind of like the realism of cars honking at them though, and them pulling drivers out of cars. I would like to see if I can get them to target and burn police cars with no occupants inside, as well as get them all to march to a specific point on the map while staying in a group.

Looks awesome! Can't wait to use my baton to take care of the protesters.  :turned: Will you also include a callout based on Occupy LA? 

Edited by SaucyPow3r

This will be really cool once finished. I have a few suggestions and I don't even know how easy these would be to do or even if they're good ideas.

• First one would be that the crowd are walking down the middle of the street rather than being stood still. Like I said I don't know how easy this would be to do.
  • Second would be that you could have a variation of the one you've showcased here and it's that the protest is turning violent before you get there. So you'd have 'Protest' and 'Violent Protest' as 2 separate callouts.

Like I said, don't know how easy these are to do or even if they're worth doing but let me know anyway. I'll definitely be installing this none the less.

4 hours ago, ScottehBoyy said:

This will be really cool once finished. I have a few suggestions and I don't even know how easy these would be to do or even if they're good ideas.

• First one would be that the crowd are walking down the middle of the street rather than being stood still. Like I said I don't know how easy this would be to do.
  • Second would be that you could have a variation of the one you've showcased here and it's that the protest is turning violent before you get there. So you'd have 'Protest' and 'Violent Protest' as 2 separate callouts.

Like I said, don't know how easy these are to do or even if they're worth doing but let me know anyway. I'll definitely be installing this none the less.

Still figuring out the walking. I could make them wander but the trick is making them all wander in the same direction. I will work with the (far more experienced) developers on seeing if that's possible.

As far as violent vs normal, yes I could do that. The problem I'm having is telling them to attack the nearest ped, though realistically a protest likely wouldn't turn violent on itself, it would  turn violent on passerbys. So I suppose I could have a random chance for "provocateur" peds to spawn and argue with them, as well as a chance for a vehicle to spawn and them to attack the person in the vehicle, and then you have to save that person.

As we've seen in real life, the protests are typically peaceful until provoked. Also when one turns violent, I'll see if I can throw some kind of a flag that would trigger all the other nearby peds to join the mob mentality.

Another idea would be to pair this with the "Open Interiors" mod, and have them randomly rush inside buildings (like the jewelry store) and start looting, etc.

Edited by LogicGaming

2 hours ago, LogicGaming said:

Still figuring out the walking. I could make them wander but the trick is making them all wander in the same direction. I will work with the (far more experienced) developers on seeing if that's possible.

As far as violent vs normal, yes I could do that. The problem I'm having is telling them to attack the nearest ped, though realistically a protest likely wouldn't turn violent on itself, it would  turn violent on passerbys. So I suppose I could have a random chance for "provocateur" peds to spawn and argue with them, as well as a chance for a vehicle to spawn and them to attack the person in the vehicle, and then you have to save that person.

As we've seen in real life, the protests are typically peaceful until provoked. Also when one turns violent, I'll see if I can throw some kind of a flag that would trigger all the other nearby peds to join the mob mentality.

Another idea would be to pair this with the "Open Interiors" mod, and have them randomly rush inside buildings (like the jewelry store) and start looting, etc.

Yeah, I didn't know how possible these were as I'm not a coder or anything. And for the already violent one unless you already had the police there and the crowd was turning against the police? Some has locked themselves inside their car and there's people kicking it and trying to smash windows etc..

This is shaping up to be great man, good job.