CheddaJohn

LSSD in the city

Anybody use LSSD in the city? I know the youtubers only use them in the country, but in real life in my city I see the Sheriff units(X county sheriffs office police) rolling around...sometimes more than the city PD.

Maybe it's different in California, idk.

You don't usually see sheriff units in the city unless it's one of the smaller incorporated cities that contracts with the county sheriff for police services. Sometimes I would patrol as LSSD in the city but I tend to stick around in areas such as Davis, Vinewood and East LS where their real-life counterparts uses LASD for services.

Sheriff agencies often don't patrol areas that are already patrolled by a larger municipal force like the Los Angeles Police Department. It's just a waste of resources to have two agencies covering the same area. Around where I live the sheriffs do not patrol the city or a few large towns that have police departments.

I'll run Sheriff in the city when I do my Special Operations patrol episodes where I run in an unmarked Taurus. I also do Sheriff in a marked unit around the ULSA campus area and in the Vinewood Hills.

I did it only in areas which are shown by mods like -player location display- as LSC not LSM. That is actually quite a lot of LS. Like others already said, Vinewood, Davis etc... Also dispatch notifications are mostly shown as from LSSD when you are in "thier area". In the hills i was alot on patrol as sheriff, in davis not. This is for me more a LSPD related area.

At the end find out by yourself, your own roleplay, what you like to cover as LSSD and what as LSPD. The only thing that is strange and imao not so fitting is when some people patrol as BCSO in the city...^^