Sign in to follow this  
download500

How do I make a ped flee in a vehicle but make it to where his location is unknown to me?

Unlike other callouts I don't even want the search radius. For maximum realism I literally want to have to search for him totally on my own.

Would I just add the ped to a pursuit but not attach a blip, and then only have the blip appear when I got within 50 feet of him? would that work?

6 minutes ago, 585ny14603 said:

Or you could just turn your radar off. But that could work, seems pretty simple to not attach a blip until <50 feet.

Well I'd like to be able to see other suspects if multiple fled in different directions, but if you think keeping the individual blip off will work then I will do it.

If I dispatch a unit to the fleeing peds location (unknown to me but known to the game) will other units pursue it if they see him running since he is flagged as in pursuit? Or only if I order them to?

Edited by download500

1 hour ago, 585ny14603 said:

Or you could just turn your radar off. But that could work, seems pretty simple to not attach a blip until <50 feet.

Hmm for some reason the game still gives him a default white star blip if I don't assign him one. Is this an unavoidable effect of the new Rage? Is there any way to make that blip invisible without turning the radar off completely?

Do you know how to make a ped drive aimlessly while NOT in a pursuit? I'd like to just have him drive around and then make there a chance for him to flee. The only way I know how would be to have him drive to a random position on a street super far away, problem is that he would eventually stop driving.

EDIT: I think I just answered my own quesiton. I have him drive to random position on the map, and then if I or a cop come within 50f of him theres a chance of a pursuit.

Edited by download500

What you could also try:

When LSPDFR has created a pursuit, you can try getting the blip attached to the pursuit ped and deleting it:

ped.GetAttachedBlip().Delete(); //or something similar, can't remember method name exactly.

20 minutes ago, Albo1125 said:

What you could also try:

When LSPDFR has created a pursuit, you can try getting the blip attached to the pursuit ped and deleting it:

ped.GetAttachedBlip().Delete(); //or something similar, can't remember method name exactly.

That would probably work. Just make sure you check if the Blip exists though.

Blip b = ped.GetAttachedBlip();

if (b.Exists())
    b.Delete();

Thanks for all the help guys I can't wait to release what I've been working on. It's a massive meta callout where literally any real life variable is possible.

10 minutes ago, download500 said:

Thanks for all the help guys I can't wait to release what I've been working on. It's a massive meta callout where literally any real life variable is possible.

I just realized something.

GetAttachedBlip may not work.

I remember trying the same thing with Keep Calm when I had that bug where fleeing suspects would just drive at a leisurely pace. GetAttachedBlip was not returning a blip for me, even though there was clearly a blip. That may have changed with 0.3 though. I had to get LMS to help me with that bug, and in the end, I used the IsPersistent property.

54 minutes ago, Stealth22 said:

I just realized something.

GetAttachedBlip may not work.

I remember trying the same thing with Keep Calm when I had that bug where fleeing suspects would just drive at a leisurely pace. GetAttachedBlip was not returning a blip for me, even though there was clearly a blip. That may have changed with 0.3 though. I had to get LMS to help me with that bug, and in the end, I used the IsPersistent property.

I think this was a bug in an older RPH version where that method didn't work as intended, can't remember too well though.

I've been using getattachedblip for my cleanup code and it seems to work fine on both rph29 and the current one.