KMX

[Suggestion] Open/close roads.

As first - sorry for my english, i'm still making mistakes. I created this acc just only for this issue. I've been using this mod since LCPDFR and i think implementing this automatic road closing during traffic stops "feature" was worst idea for a long time. It totally kills immersion and makes traffic stop ridiculous. I'm in a center of city, filled with living world, cars and traffic jams. I decide to stop a suspicious car and what happens next ? The wole traffic just disappears, the only thing that i can see is vehicles making u-turns somewhere in background and some peds. I really don't get it. You guys are the best, in my opinion you gave us the best mods in GTA history. But this makes mod unplayable for me actually and i decided to stay with 0.2. Also there are problems with existing on/off option - sometimes it works, sometimes not(but never works for traffic stops). I suggest to create an option to disable this thing permanently. 

You can also tell me guys if you know any script/solution for this problem.

Thanks you in advance.

Edited by KMX

I thought it happens for everybody. I saw some videos on YT where other people were playing lspdfr 0.3 and they had same problem. City turns into ghost town during traffic stops. Also look at the comments directly from lspdfr testers and g17 mods:

1 hour ago, SuperStumpje said:

It's one of the things that was added, performing a traffic stop basically closes the roads automatically. I think it was originally intended to stop traffic from getting stuck behind you/running into everything, but it would appear it's working a bit too good.

18 hours ago, willpv23 said:

During pursuits and traffic stops, there is supposed to be less traffic. It isn't that function being buggy.

Edited by KMX

Thank you, this is what i wanted to read. Can't wait for next update. You guys rock, keep up the good work. 

7 hours ago, KMX said:

Thank you, this is what i wanted to read. Can't wait for next update. You guys rock, keep up the good work. 

A nice substitute is Traffic Control by Stealth. It marks the area on the radar that it is closing and it can also make vehicles slow down to a specific speed that you can set in the INI. Here's the link:

It does happen automatically. I was running traffic stops and noticed the entire interstate was making u-turns.....hurt the immersion for me a lot. I like the fact that cars had to go around and there was some danger to the stop. It almost make me not want to do traffic stops at all because it looks very odd lol. I wish there was a way to turn it off.

I thought this was something I did and messed up my game..lol I kept seeing everyone make u-turns when doing traffic stops and I was like no way this looks stupid as hell what have I done...lol Glad to know its not just me but hope it also gets fixed soon!

9 hours ago, OfficerSquare said:

A nice substitute is Traffic Control by Stealth. It marks the area on the radar that it is closing and it can also make vehicles slow down to a specific speed that you can set in the INI.

Have you been using this mod with lspdfr 0.3 ? And can i help with automatic road closing that i described in first post ? I'm asking because i still play on 0.2 version and can't check it by myself.

9 hours ago, KMX said:

Have you been using this mod with lspdfr 0.3 ? And can i help with automatic road closing that i described in first post ? I'm asking because i still play on 0.2 version and can't check it by myself.

It works with LSPDFR 0.3, I use it in conjunction with it. It doesn't use LSPDFR API, it's a seperate modification.