AngeloCosma

Wheel Lock / More Control V

Hey guys I have More Control V and am never able to get the Wheel Lock, or the tires to stay turned when exiting the vehicle. I have it set to TRUE in the .ini so I am not sure what else to do as I dont see a key command for it. 

I have never seen this work one time, yet on YouTube and elsewhere people seem to be using it just fine. 

Any ideas?

If using an xbox controller would this work the same as double tapping Y? Also setting Fast exit, is that in the "N" settings in game when pressing N on keyboard or in More Control V?

16 minutes ago, AngeloCosma said:

If using an xbox controller would this work the same as double tapping Y? Also setting Fast exit, is that in the "N" settings in game when pressing N on keyboard or in More Control V?

I don't use a controller, but I believe so.

EnableFastExit = True
EnableIVExitStyle = True
EnableWheelLock = True

I think as long as you have these set to true in the .ini, it should work.

Edited by Kilyin

1 hour ago, AngeloCosma said:

It's set to allow controller input as well so long as the plugin detects a controller is plugged in and active. So yes, double tap Y is the same as double tap F on keyboard.

The controls are hardcoded for this so for fast exit it will only ever be double tap F or Y on controller, I could add them to the ini file if people want to change them.

48 minutes ago, Kilyin said:

I don't use a controller, but I believe so.

EnableFastExit = True
EnableIVExitStyle = True
EnableWheelLock = True

I think as long as you have these set to true in the .ini, it should work.

In theory these should all run independently of each other and thus not be a problem, I'll test this when I have more time.

I did release a patch update recently so maybe see if that works for you.

12 minutes ago, LukeD said:

It's set to allow controller input as well so long as the plugin detects a controller is plugged in and active. So yes, double tap Y is the same as double tap F on keyboard.

The controls are hardcoded for this so for fast exit it will only ever be double tap F or Y on controller, I could add them to the ini file if people want to change them.

In theory these should all run independently of each other and thus not be a problem, I'll test this when I have more time.

I have the latest version as far as I know, but I will doublecheck. The only way I can get the wheel lock to work reliably is by using the Fast exit. I have a question though, what is the difference between EnableIVExitStyle and EnableFastExit?

Edit: I see you just released an update, just grabbed it, will test that out.

Edited by Kilyin

4 minutes ago, Kilyin said:

I have the latest version as far as I know, but I will doublecheck. The only way I can get the wheel lock to work reliably is by using the Fast exit. I have a question though, what is the difference between EnableIVStyleExit and EnableFastExit?

The latest version thing was aimed at the other guy but I guarantee you don't cause I release the newest one a few minutes ago.

EnableFastExit Is double tap to quickly get out of the car with the engine on and door left open, it stops the character from shutting the door so you spend less time in the animation and if you need to get back in faster you don't have to power up again. Useful for police chases where you only have a small window to jump out and aim your gun.

EnableIVStyleExit replicates the way GTA IV handled it, so if you tap the exit key the engine stays on, whereas if you hold it down while exiting the engine switches off. This overrides GTA V's default which switched the engine off no matter what.

Having both of these enabled means you can quick press F once to exit with engine on, hold F to exit with engine off or double tap F to exit with engine on AND the door open.

1 minute ago, LukeD said:

The latest version thing was aimed at the other guy but I guarantee you don't cause I release the newest one a few minutes ago.

EnableFastExit Is double tap to quickly get out of the car with the engine on and door left open, it stops the character from shutting the door so you spend less time in the animation and if you need to get back in faster you don't have to power up again. Useful for police chases where you only have a small window to jump out and aim your gun.

EnableIVStyleExit replicates the way GTA IV handled it, so if you tap the exit key the engine stays on, whereas if you hold it down while exiting the engine switches off. This overrides GTA V's default which switched the engine off no matter what.

Yeah, edited my post. Oh okay, I use that all the time (Hold F to completely turn the car off when exiting) and tapping to leave it running, just didn't realize that's what I was using. ;p

Double tapping F on keyboard, double tapping Y on Xbox controller, nothing. He still closes the driver door, wheels never stay locked. The plugin is working becuz I am always locked out of my own vehicle when leaving. Holding F does turn off the engine when exiting. 

14 hours ago, AngeloCosma said:

Double tapping F on keyboard, double tapping Y on Xbox controller, nothing. He still closes the driver door, wheels never stay locked. The plugin is working becuz I am always locked out of my own vehicle when leaving. Holding F does turn off the engine when exiting. 

Odd, works for me. Not sure what else to tell you, tbh.

I will remove the whole plugin, re-install in manually. What car are you using that you know works for sure? I use BxBuggs123 LSSD CVPI his two most recent releases and I have never seen them work on that one. 

16 hours ago, AngeloCosma said:

same problem here. I hold the left turn key and double tap the F key and the wheel doesn't lock.

Edited by SHERIFF/EMS/FIRE
More Info

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 8:49 PM, LukeD said:

I also have the same problem
It works correctly in the keyboard (F)
But do not work with the controller (Y)