Delfi

Change the key

I have a question i'm using many mods like Arrest Manager, Breathalyzer script, Cop Holster, DashcamV, More Control V, Player Location Display, PoliceRadio, Speed Radar, Spike Strip Mod, Spotlight, Stealth22's TrafficControl, Stealth22's KeepCalm, Traffic Policer, Vehicle Search Mod, Foot Putsuit Aid & Police Toolbox 2 but my problem is like when i'm going to write someones name in police computer then maybe there is one spike placed out on the road, is there any way to change the keyboard so i can do like Shift + K instead of just K

13 hours ago, Delfi said:

I have a question i'm using many mods like Arrest Manager, Breathalyzer script, Cop Holster, DashcamV, More Control V, Player Location Display, PoliceRadio, Speed Radar, Spike Strip Mod, Spotlight, Stealth22's TrafficControl, Stealth22's KeepCalm, Traffic Policer, Vehicle Search Mod, Foot Putsuit Aid & Police Toolbox 2 but my problem is like when i'm going to write someones name in police computer then maybe there is one spike placed out on the road, is there any way to change the keyboard so i can do like Shift + K instead of just K

no not that I know of because either it is in a ini or it is hardcoded in the script

but my spike strip mod actually helps with that by knowing whether you are doing a traffic stop or not by detecting if your sirens are silent or not.

I actually coded that into it myself to make sure my spike strip mod actually stops the spikes from spawning if you are doing a traffic stop as well as preventing any patrol cars or police car tires from being popped as it checks internally for that too to make sure no police car tires are popped only the suspects.

because doing my development of my own spike strip mod I got annoyed by the spikes spawning when writing in the computer.

and fixed that from happening along with other fixes as said above.

my spikes strips mod is called stopstickv please just search the name in google if you want to know more about it.

Edited by timnboys

9 hours ago, timnboys said:

no not that I know of because either it is in a ini or it is hardcoded in the script

but my spike strip mod actually helps with that by knowing whether you are doing a traffic stop or not by detecting if your sirens are silent or not.

I actually coded that into it myself to make sure my spike strip mod actually stops the spikes from spawning if you are doing a traffic stop as well as preventing any patrol cars or police car tires from being popped as it checks internally for that too to make sure no police car tires are popped only the suspects.

because doing my development of my own spike strip mod I got annoyed by the spikes spawning when writing in the computer.

my spikes strips mod is called stopstickv please just search the name in google if you want to know more about it.

I just want to know how you can change the key not what your spikes strips mod are called

3 hours ago, Delfi said:

I just want to know how you can change the key not what your spikes strips mod are called

read the instructions please

Spike Strips V

Deploy spike strips pressing K in the keyboard or LB + DPadDown in the controller. Then you can delete  them by holding O in the keyboard or LB + DPadUp in the controller. If you go to far they will be deleted. Change the size with the Right and Left arrows in the keyboard or LB + DPadRight and LB + DPadLeft. You can enable a modifier key in the configuration file

Check the .ini file to change the keys and buttons, disable the modifier key or button, disable the keyboard or the controller and few other features.

http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/7864-spike-strips-v/

Edited by timnboys

4 hours ago, timnboys said:

read the instructions please

Spike Strips V

Deploy spike strips pressing K in the keyboard or LB + DPadDown in the controller. Then you can delete  them by holding O in the keyboard or LB + DPadUp in the controller. If you go to far they will be deleted. Change the size with the Right and Left arrows in the keyboard or LB + DPadRight and LB + DPadLeft. You can enable a modifier key in the configuration file

Check the .ini file to change the keys and buttons, disable the modifier key or button, disable the keyboard or the controller and few other features.

http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/7864-spike-strips-v/

I know but what should i write in the .ini file if i want it like Shift + K ?

On 12/26/2015 at 7:35 PM, timnboys said:

This user is looking for help with a mod, not asking for other mods to use. Advertising your own mod in someone's help topic is not very helpful.

5 hours ago, Delfi said:

I know but what should i write in the .ini file if i want it like Shift + K ?

Change "UseModifierKey" from false to true in "Spike Strips V Configuration.ini" and you will have to press "ModifierKey" and "DeployKey" at the same time to deploy a spike strip. You can also change the modifier key if you so wish. The key names are in that link that is in the ini file.

10 hours ago, willpv23 said:

This user is looking for help with a mod, not asking for other mods to use. Advertising your own mod in someone's help topic is not very helpful.

Change "UseModifierKey" from false to true in "Spike Strips V Configuration.ini" and you will have to press "ModifierKey" and "DeployKey" at the same time to deploy a spike strip. You can also change the modifier key if you so wish. The key names are in that link that is in the ini file.

Thanks, if i want to add Shift to any other mod should i just write "UseModifierKey = True" and "ModifierKey" ?

5 hours ago, Delfi said:

Thanks, if i want to add Shift to any other mod should i just write "UseModifierKey = True" and "ModifierKey" ?

No, it only works if the mod is set up that way.