skillsforilz

Police Radio Observation Window

I hope this is the right place to post this question since Support & Information doesn't seem like it's the right place. Is there any way I can edit the controls for the Observation Window? You can edit everything in the .ini file except for the observation window, at least from what I'm seeing. I have to use the "G" key to go down but that's the same button I use for Vehicle/Ped search.

8 hours ago, skillsforilz said:

Gotcha, that's what I figured. I guess I'll change it so it's Shift + G for ped/vehicle search. 

If you use Shift as your secondary key it might cancel the traffic stop. Try Alt, and then rebind the switch character key to something else that won't get in your way.

5 hours ago, iansonwheels said:

If you use Shift as your secondary key it might cancel the traffic stop. Try Alt, and then rebind the switch character key to something else that won't get in your way.

Maybe I'll hook a controller up to my PC solely to use the observation window :p

1 hour ago, skillsforilz said:

Maybe I'll hook a controller up to my PC solely to use the observation window :p

Shift+G shouldn't cancel the traffic stop since you won't be in your car. If you are sitting in your car and press shift, then it will cancel it! I have mine set to shift+G :)

1 hour ago, R4TT94 said:

Shift+G shouldn't cancel the traffic stop since you won't be in your car. If you are sitting in your car and press shift, then it will cancel it! I have mine set to shift+G :)

What he said, I also use Shift-G.

4 hours ago, Kilyin said:

What he said, I also use Shift-G.

How do you add a modifier key to these mods? These .ini file doesn't already have that line of code for me to edit.

14 minutes ago, skillsforilz said:

How do you add a modifier key to these mods? These .ini file doesn't already have that line of code for me to edit.

Vehicle and Ped Search both have a modifier key in the .ini unless you have a really old version.

6 minutes ago, Kilyin said:

Vehicle and Ped Search both have a modifier key in the .ini unless you have a really old version.

Ah yes haha you're absolutely right. I hadn't checked the ped search which was up to date, I just saw my VehicleSearch.ini didn't have one. I think the issue was that I had a modified .ini file for vehicle search and it must have been for an older version and overwrote all the updates.