DEverly0722

Voice Attack???

HAs anyone that plays LSPDFR every used voice attack for the game? I have voice attack that I use for other games such as IRacing and such. So I tried setting it up for basic control like activating lights, pulling up police radio and such, but can not get it to work. I do not know what I am doing wrong...I have all the controls set as default...can anyone help me by chance????

It's a third party program (never heard of it prior to this conversation) that probably doesn't work with GTA V. It relies on macros and for all I know Rockstar may not allow the use of those. Or it may simply have a compatibility issue. Dunno why you'd use it for LSPDFR anyway, it takes longer to speak than it does to press a button. Last time I used voice commands was back when the game SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs was popular.

SOCOM_-_U.S._Navy_SEALs_Coverart.png

"BREACH, BANG, CLEAR!"

I use voice attack in flight simulators. It is the best voice to action software for gaming. You program a word you say to activate a button. The same as if you pressed it. It is less than $10.00 and completely worth it. I play DCS world and can start my helicopter, activate weapon systems. Oh and air to air combat is a breeze. No more forgetting controls.

With voice attack make sure that it recognizes your voice command. If not showing green dot next to spoken word you'll need to do more voice training with your computer. As long as you have the buttons properly set up in the controls you should have no issue.

You'll have to go step by step and see why it doesn't work.

It does recognize my voice commands but don't activate the commands I give it. Like when I say lights I have it programmed to hit "E" which is the button to activate them. I use it for other games such as iRacing for my pit options so I can keep my hands on my wheel while racing...

On 13/12/2015 at 5:08 AM, unr3al said:

Dunno why you'd use it for LSPDFR anyway, it takes longer to speak than it does to press a button.

It would be great for radio calls, you can actually speak to dispatch. For example, if you shout "I need backup", it will press the backup button.

40 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

It would be great for radio calls, you can actually speak to dispatch. For example, if you shout "I need backup", it will press the backup button.

Does it do multi button macros? You need a few buttons to make that happen.

Set this up myself the other day, it works amazingly well and really adds to the immersion if you set it up right. Main thing I needed to do to get it to work with GTA was run VoiceAttack as admin, other than that it worked straight "out of the box".

On 12/16/2015 at 9:57 AM, unr3al said:

Does it do multi button macros? You need a few buttons to make that happen.

It sure does... it has a pretty powerful macro system. Only issue with multi-button actions like calling for backup is you need to add pauses between each command to allow GTA time to process the command. I found a 0.5 second pause works, though is quite noticable. need more time to experiment with how quick the pause can be (0.1 seconds is too fast, for example). My primary harddrive died over the weekend so I'm currently setting everything back up, but I was able to get working voice commands for:

- calling backup

- triggering the Panic Button plugin

- calling in air support

- accepting a callout

- arresting a perp (still had to aim at them as I hadn't figured out controller buttons yet)

- using police radio to run plates, call coroner, call tow truck

And a couple of other minor things that I cant remember now.

Hey all, been away for quite some time, blame Fallout 4 :). Was itching to have another go as love this mod!

I didn't get many responses when I originally posted so didn't think anyone was using Voice Attack for this. I planned on fully testing my profile and adding to it, but I've attached my original VAP profile and the html (for easy reference).

Not sure why you had issues with your profile, though maybe this will help you (if you're still playing this). You'll just need to change the keybinds to match yours.

One thing I will say though is that sometimes the menu system can be a bit hit-and-miss as the keybind sequence can stutter leading to incorrect selections. For the most part however, it works fine, particularly any commands that are simple key presses and no menus.

FYI you can download a trial version of Voice Attack, which I think allows up to 10 commands, though tbh for $10 it was worth it since you can easily use it on any game. I originally got it for Elite Dangerous.

Any questions / probs, feel free to PM me.

GTA V LCPDFR-Profile.html

GTA V LCPDFR-Profile.vap