AlconH

LAPD Siren - GTA IV

Hi Guys, I've been looking for a new siren to go with my LAPD CVPI but can't find one.

Does anyone know of any links etc?

I've googled and searched on GPM but can't seem to find any...

Thanks guys,

-Tom H

Edited by Tom H

Yeah LAPD probably uses FS Smart siren, however the one Lt.Caine released is not exactly what the siren sounds like. Hell it's not even an FS Smart Siren.

Also LAPD only uses wail, and they use yelp when crossing an intersection.

If I ever manage to make sounds more loud, I'll release a proper FS Smart Siren.

Yeah LAPD probably uses FS Smart siren, however the one Lt.Caine released is not exactly what the siren sounds like. Hell it's not even an FS Smart Siren.

Also LAPD only uses wail, and they use yelp when crossing an intersection.

If I ever manage to make sounds more loud, I'll release a proper FS Smart Siren.

Ah right, Thanks!

Let me know how it sounds for you guys.

[img]http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/forum/crimestats/user/2400/sig.jpg[/img] [color=#ff0000][size=2]Intel Core i7-2600K,[/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=2]NVIDIA GeForce GTX560[/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=2]. 16G Ram, [/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=2]800W PS[/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=2], [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=2]320G WD 16MB Cache 7200RPM HD[/size][/color][color=#0000FF][size=2], [/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=2]Cooler Master Storm Scout Case, [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=2]Win 7 Pro[/size][/color]

Same source Lt.Caine made it from. Just compare the sirens with the real FS Smart Siren, and you'll see it's not exactly the same. I heard FS doesn't put up it's sirens for download, just something similar, so that people can't steal their sirens.

EDIT: Here's a video showing how the sirens sound:

EDIT2:

Breakthrough!

I managed to modify Ofc.Chad's sound samples and I got this:

http://speedy.sh/r4SQu/HORNS.ivaud

It's still not perfect, but let me know what you think. From those samples that's the best I could do.

Edited by Sgt.Kanyo

@Sgt.Kanyo

I stand corrected on the Doppler Shift

Now I do think that the pitch will be lower in the LAPD video than my files because we are behind the siren while my reference files are controlled from source. Also the video is susceptible to both types of interference and the quality of the camera.

They are both the SmartSiren, they are recorded in two different environments.

Edited by Ofc.Chad

[img]http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/forum/crimestats/user/2400/sig.jpg[/img] [color=#ff0000][size=2]Intel Core i7-2600K,[/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=2]NVIDIA GeForce GTX560[/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=2]. 16G Ram, [/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=2]800W PS[/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=2], [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=2]320G WD 16MB Cache 7200RPM HD[/size][/color][color=#0000FF][size=2], [/size][/color][color=#0000ff][size=2]Cooler Master Storm Scout Case, [/size][/color][color=#ff0000][size=2]Win 7 Pro[/size][/color]

Same source Lt.Caine made it from. Just compare the sirens with the real FS Smart Siren, and you'll see it's not exactly the same. I heard FS doesn't put up it's sirens for download, just something similar, so that people can't steal their sirens.

EDIT: Here's a video showing how the sirens sound:

*snip*

EDIT2:

Breakthrough!

I managed to modify Ofc.Chad's sound samples and I got this:

http://speedy.sh/k3Kuv/HORNS.ivaud

It's still not perfect, but let me know what you think. From those samples that's the best I could do.

+1 just for the video!

Actually I think I managed to get it right in that last one. Wail has that higher pitch just like in the video, same for yelp, it's a lot better. See for yourself in game. Also it doesn't matter it's still the same siren from the outside. Simply outside it's louder, since the speakers are outside.

And doppler effect is simply that if a car using sirens coming towards you, the sound will keep changing, depending on how far the vehicle is. We can ignore this effect, since the camera is placed behind the vehicle, and we're not bystanders (unless we're in cinematic camera)

And doppler effect is simply that if a car using sirens coming towards you, the sound will keep changing, depending on how far the vehicle is. We can ignore this effect, since the camera is placed behind the vehicle, and we're not bystanders (unless we're in cinematic camera)

Correct. Doppler effect does not happen if the observer's position relative to the sound (siren) remains constant (like when you are inside the vehicle).