cdtman3

Someone please help me with customizing a gaming computer

Ok so i have a laptop and tried to run gta iv and the graphics suck, downloaded enb's and everything graphics still sucked shortly i figured out that laptops suck for gaming so im probably gonna get a desktop and i need advice on what type of desktop i need to run gta iv on great graphics and maybe some enbs im sorry guys im a graphic person please help!

These are the specs for GTA IV: 

Minimum System Requirements

• OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
  • Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
  • Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
  • Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)
  • 18 GB Free Hard Drive Space
  • Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

"Don't quote me on that" - ineseri

CybertronPC Strike-GTX TGM2132D Gaming PC - 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Blu-ray Player/DVDRW, 2x 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX550 Ti, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 

need opinions??

That seems like it should be able to run GTA IV just fine on quite decent settings. If you wanted to, though, you can build your own PC and that will be a little bit more bang for your buck.

CybertronPC Strike-GTX TGM2132D Gaming PC - 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Blu-ray Player/DVDRW, 2x 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX550 Ti, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 

need opinions??

That will run the game on High with no issues, but I recommend building your own. You can get way better performance for your money if you build your own and you get the satisfaction of knowing that you built it and not somebody else. Look at it like it's expensive legos, it's not difficult at all. There are plenty of great videos out there that teach you step-by-step what to do.

thanks guys really appreciate it, ill go build one real quick and get back to you guys and yall tell me what you think thanks.. 

That will run the game on High with no issues, but I recommend building your own. You can get way better performance for your money if you build your own and you get the satisfaction of knowing that you built it and not somebody else. Look at it like it's expensive legos, it's not difficult at all. There are plenty of great videos out there that teach you step-by-step what to do

What computer do you recommend ?

Ok so i have a laptop and tried to run gta iv and the graphics suck, downloaded enb's and everything graphics still sucked shortly i figured out that laptops suck for gaming so im probably gonna get a desktop and i need advice on what type of desktop i need to run gta iv on great graphics and maybe some enbs im sorry guys im a graphic person please help!

I say get this works well for me

I say get this works well for me

is your enb and graohics, lights etc. good sorry im a big graphics guy lol

is your enb and graohics, lights etc. good sorry im a big graphics guy lol

Check out my channel for what my graphics look like, it is in my signature.

Check out my channel for what my graphics look like, it is in my signature.

your graphics look great man! and did you mess with the light settings or you just dont like them that bright.

That will run the game on High with no issues, but I recommend building your own. You can get way better performance for your money if you build your own and you get the satisfaction of knowing that you built it and not somebody else. Look at it like it's expensive legos, it's not difficult at all. There are plenty of great videos out there that teach you step-by-step what to do.

+1 on what aCoD Prodigy said, once you get started it really is easy to build your own computer. I've only just rebuilt my own computer from the ground up, it's definitely beneficial, not only on price but as aCoD said the satisfaction of building it yourself.

There are some really well priced computer components around at the moment, so if you're not afraid to get stuck in, go for it!

cdtman3 recommended the 550Ti and I'd say it's probably ideal for you, plus it should only require one 6 pin pcie cable (helps when looking for the right PSU).

+1 on what aCoD Prodigy said, once you get started it really is easy to build your own computer. I've only just rebuilt my own computer from the ground up, it's definitely beneficial, not only on price but as aCoD said the satisfaction of building it yourself.

There are some really well priced computer components around at the moment, so if you're not afraid to get stuck in, go for it!

cdtman3 recommended the 550Ti and I'd say it's probably ideal for you, plus it should only require one 6 pin pcie cable (helps when looking for the right PSU).

I was also wondering about an Alienware desktop but alot of people say gta iv doesnt run good on them. I need to build a desktop that has really good graphics for gta iv like enb,els and etc. Sorry for blowing you guys up just dont wanna build a crappy pc

These are the specs for GTA IV: 

Minimum System Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
  • Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
  • Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
  • Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)
  • 18 GB Free Hard Drive Space
  • Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

Those will work at minimal, but cheap, the only thing i wouldn't recommend is Windows Vista. If i could i'd recommend Windows 8 (not 8.1), or Windows 7, i say Windows 8 because it is actually a good OS for gaming, but 7 or 8 will do fine.

76561198097811776.png

"This represents imminent danger, for sure."

Here is a very nice build around 1250. Any budget limit? 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/davelaric/saved/3CV6

Feel free to PM me for help! Also please hit the like button if anything I said helped or made ya laugh. Specialty is computer hardware and assembling so feel free to ask anything if you need help :)

I was also wondering about an Alienware desktop but alot of people say gta iv doesnt run good on them. I need to build a desktop that has really good graphics for gta iv like enb,els and etc. Sorry for blowing you guys up just dont wanna build a crappy pc

I've had no experience with alienware myself so take my comment with a pinch of salt but I doubt you'd be getting value for money if you bought from them (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

If you do want to build a computer yourself just put a little research into the parts you're planning on buying, if you're unsure of anything tomshardware forum is a really good place for advice on anything computer related.

Do remember though that it's not just the graphics card that you need to think about when building a gaming pc (or any pc for that matter). What I mean by this is you don't want to buy a high end graphics card and then power it with a cheap PSU, because that's just a recipe for disaster.

One thing I'd definitely recommend is an SSD (this will help significantly with loading times). I'm currently using the Samsung 840 EVO and I couldn't recommend it enough!

Hope this helps :)

Guys thanks so much on the posts yall really helped me tons!!! One more quick question though ok so im gonna build a pc. Can you guys give me some pc specs that would run lcpdfr great with mods and graphics and also VWking thanks for that quick tip!

Alienware computers are good, but you are paying for the name. You can a build computer with the exact same specs as an alienware computer for far less. There are also a billion and one "How to" videos on how to build a computer. If you do by chance encounter a problem, I'm sure we can try and help you here. Or you can go to tomshardware.com and ask around. I rebuilt/upgraded my computer with the help of those guys. 

What's your budget? 

Edited by Requiem

nah man really i wanna keep it around 1500 thanks tons bro!

Here is what I came up with: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3KcaJ  

with this case: http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Technologies-Tower-Chassis-Cases/dp/B00I44EUAK

The build I suggested should easily max out any of the current games for years to come, the SSD will provide you with faster boot and load times. The 780 will allow you to be futureproofed for the next 3-4 years depending on how games progress. Also, the build I suggested is red themed so It will be aestheticly pleasing as well. With the H100i you should be able to get a solid overclock and keeps the temps down because it will be liquid cooled. Have fun building, and quote me if you need anything.

Those will work at minimal, but cheap, the only thing i wouldn't recommend is Windows Vista. If i could i'd recommend Windows 8 (not 8.1), or Windows 7, i say Windows 8 because it is actually a good OS for gaming, but 7 or 8 will do fine.

These are the specs provided by Rockstar Games, I simply forwarded them. Of course, Windows Vista isn't to recommend but what many do not know is that Windows 7, 8 or .8.1 isn't officially supported. 

"Don't quote me on that" - ineseri

These are the specs provided by Rockstar Games, I simply forwarded them. Of course, Windows Vista isn't to recommend but what many do not know is that Windows 7, 8 or .8.1 isn't officially supported. 

Yea, i had a feeling it was rockstar's specs, because I don't think anyone could even think about saying vista, but that's what happens when rockstar makes a suggestion.

76561198097811776.png

"This represents imminent danger, for sure."