OutCAst

Headless officer POV

Hi there. First I want to thank you all those who have spend time developing and helping this website and mods, specially LCPD:FR, I love this mod.

I downloaded today the First Person View mod:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/first-person-107-compatible-f9171

And I think its pretty incredible all the immersion you can get from this mod into it, but actually hitting through the player's face everytime you look aside or in vehicle it's annoying as hell (this doesnt happen with Niko); so I was looking for a mod to set to invisible the model's head but all what i found had only affected as said to Niko, and not to the changed police model.

I also tried to give police uniforms to Niko and change the model back to him (he gets headless again), but it gives strange glitches turning policemen against me.

I thought that maybe someone could help me finding or making a mod to solve this. I have 0 exp at modding but a with short guide i think i could get it done.

Thank you for reading!

Edited by OutCAst

MODERATOR NOTICE

Thread moved to GTA IV Development Suggestions and Requests. Please read the pinned "About This Section" thread before posting in the showroom forums.

That first person mod is very nice indeed.  Makes it a whole new game, a whole new city, when you turn on the 1st person view.

You can go into the .ini and adjust where the camera sits on the face, as well as width, and height of the FOV.  I set the camera to sit about 3" forward so I don't get that terrible clipping that occurs sometimes.  Also set my FOV wider so that I get some peripheral. 

Good Luck!

DrDetroit

That first person mod is very nice indeed.  Makes it a whole new game, a whole new city, when you turn on the 1st person view.

You can go into the .ini and adjust where the camera sits on the face, as well as width, and height of the FOV.  I set the camera to sit about 3" forward so I don't get that terrible clipping that occurs sometimes.  Also set my FOV wider so that I get some peripheral. 

Good Luck!

DrDetroit

Thanks for info. :thumbsup:

I find it hard to walk/run while in first person, especially when turning. :wallbash:

I just usually go into SNT and make my self invisible whenever I tried to play first person. Sure you won't see your arms when patrolling but it kinda gives a greater first person experience in my eyes. :wink:

Thread moved to GTA IV Development Suggestions and Requests. Please read the pinned "About This Section" thread before posting in the showroom forums.

Sorry, i thought it was placed the correct section.

Thank you for your answers, i tried to get an invisible headed officer replacing fbi model with an edited version of cop, trying to disappear its head; but with no success. Somehow, when using 3ds Max, if i import the model and even with no changes at all (directly import and export) then when i use it ingame, it get freezed with a jesus christ pose.

I tried to make an invisible texture for his head with gimp, also no success.

I tried to download police uniforms for niko and play him instead but it causes strange behaviours on my parter, i tired to fix it with no success:

-replaced a no police model with a police model to use him as parter, gets overenraged, sometimes attacks me.

-removed the cop status from cops, good but they flee whenever i shoot (but not when criminals)

-tried to remove the cop status from a cop car so the parter will stay with me inside, no idea how and what side effects it can have

Can anyone please help me? i just want a headless model or a way to make it invisible and i dont know how to get it

Edited by OutCAst