ahling023

Do you think GTA 4 is a Poorly ported Game?

46 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Of gta 4

• Yes - I think GTA 4 is a poorly made Game , where Crash and problem is common
    • No - i dont think GTA 4 is a poor made Game . I just love it . where i can kill Innocent people In game.

Hi guys , how do you all think of it ??? do you think it is a poorly maked game , where crash is common .  

Please Vote . i would like to see you guys think of it . 

Fyi , I have just reinstall My GTA 4 and running LCPDFR withs no mods and script at all . but it still crash withthin 10 -15 min. 

Edited by ahling023

There needs to be a Yes/No option cause IMO GTA IV is a poorly ported game when it come to playing the base game with no mods. Also with no mods i never crash. However it still maybe poorly ported when it comes to mods, The only reason it crashes is because of the mods cause gta was not made to be stable enough to support mods.

No, honestly, it's not a poorly scripted game. A lot of people around here run the epitome of modded games, so crashes are common, simply because we run a lot of scripts. People like Ineseri, Olanov, and Custo run it vanilla, so crashes are uncommon. I don't think it's poorly scripted, I think it's poorly ported, and I think Rockstar sorta blew off the fact that people would be modding the game.

The game itself is not poorly coded, even on the newest operating systems, the normal game itself runs fine, even with a poor port.

You cannot expect a game to work well when you have 3rd party scripts and applications written by people who more or less, don't understand the way the game is put together. 

GTA IV is a fantastic game and rarely crashes for me. As Mustu said, mods will make it worse. Like a lot worse. 

And I do not mindlessly kill civilians, I police. 

hi ineseri , are you running full vanilla ?

I think GTA 4 has to be on of the best video games ever made....where else can play a game and chose to play missions or not? And What other game can you make it so you can pay as the Police? GTA4 has to be one of the most ADVANCE GAMES FOR IT'S TIME....now when 5 comes out for PC, that will be the most advance for it's time....every time a new game is release we all go and dis the one before, but we have to remember that, that game was AWESOME for it's time

Just my 2 cents. :tongue:

I guess I am just one of those lucky people who can mod the tits off of my game and never crash. Most of the time, if I crash, it's due to a bad model, and all I need to do is swap it out.

I guess I am just one of those lucky people who can mod the tits off of my game and never crash. Most of the time, if I crash, it's due to a bad model, and all I need to do is swap it out.

guys what are the more common stuff that are more common to crash the game. Between these 4 Car, player model, enb, script

I think GTA 4 has to be on of the best video games ever made....where else can play a game and chose to play missions or not? And What other game can you make it so you can pay as the Police? GTA4 has to be one of the most ADVANCE GAMES FOR IT'S TIME....now when 5 comes out for PC, that will be the most advance for it's time....every time a new game is release we all go and dis the one before, but we have to remember that, that game was AWESOME for it's time

well that should be sleeping dogs :) Edited by ahling023

No.
I don't consider GTA IV a badly made game.  Very poorly ported, yes,   but not poorly made.

You just made 90% of the LCPD:FR site members envy you, hehehe :tongue:

IV was awesome for it's time,  but I don't think V will be the same.
Already many people are getting bored of V & some are even pissed at it. I won't mention it's flaws here, so as not to derail this topic into a "Why don't some people like GTA V?" topic.

For me, V might probably be a tie with Watch Dogs, or one of them will overtake the other.

I seem to be the same way. Although I don't crash often, it's expected for one to crash after omitting the female breasts from one's game after heavily modifying it.

Can GM or moderator please me change my title to 

Do you think GTA 4 is a Badly ported Game

Just edit the post.

Thanks ;) for telling me

Can you edit your Poll? Might want to do that too & change your text to accommodate the change in the question.

You just made 90% of the LCPD:FR site members envy you, hehehe :tongue:

Yay! lol. :P I may not crash as often, but when I do, it's because I messed up the game quite bad and need to reinstall it. Which is where I am at the moment. lol

The game port is absolutely horrible.

The performance is shit and so is modding, heck, we should be happy we have the option to mod it. Even on powerful setups, the game runs absolutely horrible, modded or not.

I would't exactly call the game badly scripted, only the port being bad.

The performance isn't shit, it's great. I rarely (if ever) crash. 

When saying 'performance' I am referring to general sleekness of the game. Getting under 60 FPS in a title such as GTA IV is not acceptable with my specs, therefore I say that it performs horribly. 

Edited by Flipflup