Just had an armed robbery pursuit which ended with the last guy running down a dead end. Theres me and 14 other cops that take cover at the end of the alley to wait. We were probably there for 1-2 minutes just waiting. Suddenly he starts walking towards us and starts firing. Obviously all hell breaks loose and he goes down in a hail of bullets :woot:

It looked awesome, but I was wondering if there's a way to get the cops to keep shooting for a few seconds afterwards. I could be a mod or something (not that this is a suggestion) but I would like to also see some "clean-up" afterwards. At the minute the cops just walk off, the instant the crim is dead :(

Just had an armed robbery pursuit which ended with the last guy running down a dead end. Theres me and 14 other cops that take cover at the end of the alley to wait. We were probably there for 1-2 minutes just waiting. Suddenly he starts walking towards us and starts firing. Obviously all hell breaks loose and he goes down in a hail of bullets :woot:

Cool story, bro.

I was wondering if there's a way to get the cops to keep shooting for a few seconds afterwards. I could be a mod or something (not that this is a suggestion) but I would like to also see some "clean-up" afterwards. At the minute the cops just walk off, the instant the crim is dead :(

No, probably not. The way most (if not all) shooter game engines work is that the AI needs a target to fire at. When the targets health reaches zero, there is no more target, and the AI disengages. It's a simple programming algorithm, written in an "if-then" statement, such as: 'if ai_target health = 0 then aiped_cop task = walk' where 'ai_target' is the enemy AI pedestrian, and 'aiped_cop' is one of the generic backup LCPD officers. Otherwise the AI police keep shooting while the targets health is higher than zero. 'do aiped_cop task = shoot while  ai_target health > 0 and wantedlevel => 2'.

*For those here who program or write scripts, don't complain about my syntax or anything, I haven't written any programs in nearly a decade, and that was  in VB.*

Cool story, bro.

No, probably not. The way most (if not all) shooter game engines work is that the AI needs a target to fire at. When the targets health reaches zero, there is no more target, and the AI disengages. It's a simple programming algorithm, written in an "if-then" statement, such as: 'if ai_target health = 0 then aiped_cop task = walk' where 'ai_target' is the enemy AI pedestrian, and 'aiped_cop' is one of the generic backup LCPD officers. Otherwise the AI police keep shooting while the targets health is higher than zero. 'do aiped_cop task = shoot while  ai_target health > 0 and wantedlevel => 2'.

*For those here who program or write scripts, don't complain about my syntax or anything, I haven't written any programs in nearly a decade, and that was  in VB.*

but if you play as niko they will shoot you for 10 seconds after you die

I've never seen the actual code, but I assume that the police AI have a separate function encoded to react to non-AI peds (Human players) as apposed to regular AIs. The way most scripting works, you just need a trigger to call a function and a trigger to end a function in some cases. For example, a potential trigger for the police to cease fire when firing upon you may be the screen fade, or the respawn function. 

In theory, that'd make sense anyway. 

Happens everytime, they empty out like 60 rounds into you're body after you die. Than in lcpdfr they just walk off after they kill like 10 people.

Most of the other cops will walk away, but if it helps at all, after a shooting/chase I'll usually stay myself set up barricades & use the coroner/tow truck script that work with the police helper.

It may not be completely realistic, but its better than blasting a suspect's head off and walking away like Al Capone 

The AI cops shoot the player because he's still wanted.

Yup, whereas when you even hit 'E' to stop a fleeing pedestrian in LCPDFR, that pedestrians wanted level goes away immediately and cops go about their business.

Yup, whereas when you even hit 'E' to stop a fleeing pedestrian in LCPDFR, that pedestrians wanted level goes away immediately and cops go about their business.

Mine don't do that they do a funky chicken dance. No seriously they flicker between idle and aiming their gun at the suspect. Quite entertaining actually cause they all do it in perfect sync :)