Bojan

[REL] Web-Based Clan Dispatch Program

UPDATE October 21 2015:

All development has ceased on this project for the time being and the projected future. This code is available for anybody to take and develop, and I would be very happy if someone were to continually make future verisons of this software available to the public for free. 

To those that do try and set this up for themselves, I don't really provide any support so you'll have to figure out PHP for yourself. It isn't THAT hard though. Just drag and drop the code files into your directory, create a database through cPanel or whatever you use, and then edit the /functions/connect.php first line to whatever your database is set up as.

UPDATE May 26, 2014:

The main Web Clan Dispatch System is available live at ivclan.tk. You'll have to put that into your URL bar yourself, as LCPDFR doesn't like .tk links (but thats what I get for using free domains). Thanks to Chamimnya, who graciously provided some amazing quality web hosting, the panel is very quick and dispatchers won't have an issue with loading times. I would say that load times are even faster than desktop-based dispatch programs. This has the obvious addition of having a centralized database where clans can record their patrols as well as user management. Website is no longer available. You need to set it up yourself. Sorry!

I do, however, understand that some clans may want some more privacy. I have decided to release the source code along with the published version so that users who want to edit my work can feel free to do so. Furthermore, I'm releasing this under the MIT License so you can do with it what you'd like. Download links are below:

Links updated October 21 2015. If they don't work, please PM me. 

Code: https://mega.nz/#!hhM0gLwa!iM8wXEvuMnxiZFACVnZZrjsNf0bkaSTlZMW1WrlIh3Q

SQL File: https://mega.nz/#!g5NXkCob!uIsRLOUIz1IzO8StFQeWKE2LAyWGJZM5jP5VaFIabEs

Files should also be available as an attachment in this topic.

You'll need to download both and import the SQL file into your own database. Make sure to set up connect.php with the proper database details. I provide very limited PHP help, so if you have an issue send me a PM no support, so please try and avoid sending me a message asking for help. If you understand PHP and need clarification on something I'll try and help, but I really can't explain PHP to people.

Have fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been itching to do some programming so I've decided to make a web-based clan dispatch program that anybody can use. I'm nowhere near done yet, but I thought I'd share the idea and see if people actually want this (and put the proper amount of work into this). Here's a break down of what I have in store for this:

Clan System

• Will allow anybody to register a clan
  • Will allow clan chiefs to accept people into their clans and manage user ranks

Dispatch System

• Branches off the clan system, allowing each clan to use this as a dispatching programming
  • In depth unit management (based directly off the users that are in the clan)
  • Other things? I have never been in a clan, therefore I have no clue what dispatchers actually do or need.

I've done quite a bit of work today and come up with a preliminary layout and design:

Lmu3YYi.png
VJeqCky.png

I'm going to continue working on this anyways, but do people actually want to see this? I've honestly got no clue if this would be useful or not. Anyways, if you have anything that I should add feel free to comment below.

Edit (April 18, 8:33pm EST):

I've finished up a few of the basic features including user & clan registration as well as a preliminary unit dispatch screen. Tell me what you think of it:

nBIFPlT.png

DWYU2c0.png

Clan Sys.rar

gtaiv.sql

Edited by Bojan

I would love this. I could help you on what dispatchers want and some basic coding if you want. 

I would love this. I could help you on what dispatchers want and some basic coding if you want. 

Sent you a quick message. Thanks for the offer.

I do like the Metro design, as it looks like you have been inspired from Windows 8 - 8.1. 

I'm not sure about having "LCPDFR Clan System" as it isn't hosted by LCPDFR, or provided by the LCPDFR Team. 

I do like the Metro design, as it looks like you have been inspired from Windows 8 - 8.1. 

I'm not sure about having "LCPDFR Clan System" as it isn't hosted by LCPDFR, or provided by the LCPDFR Team. 

I've actually had the same thought, and am more than likely changing it to GTA IV Clan System. Originally I named it LCPDFR Clan System because it was for the people on LCPDFR, but I guess that could get confusing. 

Also, I really can't take credit for the design (at least not fully). The folks over at http://metroui.org.ua/ are responsible for it :P 

I really like the look of this! I believe it will be extremely popular.

Thanks!

It seems like I'm going to try and finish this then...

Please fallow though with this or atleast try to, two people gave up on a system this year already lol

Please fallow though with this or atleast try to, two people gave up on a system this year already lol

No pressure huh? This is a long weekend for me, so I think I'll get it finished :P

Updated original post with some new screenshots and a few update notes. I'm not 100% sure on the current unit screen, so I'm curious to know if you guys like it.

Updated original post with some new screenshots and a few update notes. I'm not 100% sure on the current unit screen, so I'm curious to know if you guys like it.

I really like the tiles for the units, it makes them pretty clear to see. Also, the organization is good as well. No getting units mixed up when they're color coated and that big.

Can't wait to see the finished item!

As per your requests, I have finished the first release of the system. It's available at: http://ivclan.tk

Sadly, it is a free domain but it is a free service so deal with it :P

Great job; I love the bootstrap profile you used for it, very suiting. Also, props to you on your work with the databases, those can be a bit of a bitch sometimes.  :thumbsup:

Quick suggestion; that web server is pretty slow, I use this one, also a free domain but it has a lot more bandwidth and speed as well as free PhPMyAdmin and unlimited MySQL servers available!  :woot:

Anyways, great job. Keep up the good work. 

Great job; I love the bootstrap profile you used for it, very suiting. Also, props to you on your work with the databases, those can be a bit of a bitch sometimes.  :thumbsup:

Quick suggestion; that web server is pretty slow, I use this one, also a free domain but it has a lot more bandwidth and speed as well as free PhPMyAdmin and unlimited MySQL servers available!  :woot:

Anyways, great job. Keep up the good work. 

The web hosting is actually premium from an earlier project I had worked on. I have the hosting for another month so i thought i might as well make use of it :P

Thanks for the compliments!

I've updated the initial post with some news as well as download link for anybody who wishes to host their own version.

Feel free to send me a PM with any questions :P

Awesome, I've been waiting for something like this!

I have it installed, but getting into it seems to be a challenge.  There are no users to choose from, and I don't know what kind of password hashing you're using to create a user in the database.

Is there some sort of administrative user?

Right, you first register an account and then you register a clan. Once you've registered a clan then you'll receive administrative options for that clan.

Users joining your clan must then only register themselves and enter in your clan code. They will then be added to your clan, awaiting approval. Once you have approved them, they will appear on your Units page and be able to be assigned a rank, duty and status.

The default hashing that is included is simple MD5 with no salt (so I suggest you add your own). The one that I've got live is setup differently, but in the interest of security I won't reveal it.

Edited by Bojan

Getting these errors:

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'sdsoclan_admin'@'localhost' to database 'sdsoclan_cad' in /home/sdsoclan/public_html/functions/connect.php on line 1
Failed to connect to MySQL: Access denied for user 'sdsoclan_admin'@'localhost' to database 'sdsoclan_cad' 
Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/sdsoclan/public_html/functions/new-user.php on line 30

Warning: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, null given in /home/sdsoclan/public_html/functions/new-user.php on line 31

Getting these errors:

Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'sdsoclan_admin'@'localhost' to database 'sdsoclan_cad' in /home/sdsoclan/public_html/functions/connect.php on line 1

Failed to connect to MySQL: Access denied for user 'sdsoclan_admin'@'localhost' to database 'sdsoclan_cad' 

Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/sdsoclan/public_html/functions/new-user.php on line 30

Warning: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, null given in /home/sdsoclan/public_html/functions/new-user.php on line 31

That means that you aren't connecting to your database properly. Make sure you have a MySQL user named sdsoclan_admin and that you have a database named sdsoclan_cad and your password is correct. As well, make sure that your user is linked to the database and has all the privileges. 

In case you aren't too familiar with PHP, here's a link to a simple explanation of connecting to MySQL via PHP: http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_mysql_connect.asp

If you need more help with MySQL, here's a link to that: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/MySQLDatabases

Just a note -- you should be able to click on the person's tile and add a note that is available in a status table somewhere. My dispatcher had some issues with knowing where units were and what they were doing.

I also think that there should be some interaction on the officer's side to report their status to dispatch (In Service, Out of Service, etc).

Just some notes.

Best,

Andrew

Edited by SheriffAConley