XBR410

Slicktop Caprice's

Hey guys, Im planning on releasing a few caprice's and a have slicktop in mind for the first one.
It will have an alloy, and steelies option in the upload. However I need some ideas on the lights, after a few days of Youtube hunting I haven't found anything that I really like, so I decided lets see if you guys have anything in mind. Feel free to post videos or links of your local caprices or just some that you happen to like and there's a chance that it will get made and released thanks for you help in advance to the ones that reply with links

Note this is sort of a WIP thread as I plan to post my WIP pictures here instead of the Gallery in efforts to get more feedback on the cars

(Cars that im sure im going to do soon, Boston PD Caprice, Maryland State Police Caprice)

28e28d75ee.png

HAVE A QUESTION OR A REQUEST? MESSAGE ME I'M HAPPY TO HELP

It may not be a slicktop but at some point I'd kill for a caprice like this 

boston224.jpg

As far as Slicktop's go, a marked slicktop would be pretty cool

ChevyPPVNHP2013.jpg?width=737&height=538

Edited by RexCramer

any chance you can come out with a low poly caprice?

the recent slicktop I made for my clan is 3.5MB with all of the lights on it and a HQ interior that's about the range my caprices will be maybe a little lower or a little higher depending on lights (which the slicktop I did had quite a bit of lights)

28e28d75ee.png

Ugh, can we stay away from HG2 products for this? They're such a low quality brand.

I normally get tired of the whole full-length interior lightbar look, since it's been beaten to hell on almost every unmarked/slicktop car that gets released. However, I think a full bar in front, a full bar in the rear (full red/blue, no amber. not every car needs a TA), HAW's/wig wags, side insert lights, and a pair of grille lights could really do the trick on this.

I feel like something like that would be a happy medium. Not too much, not too minimal, just kinda in between, perfect for fitting in with most departments.

EDIT: Something like the video posted below my posted is what I'm getting at.

Edited by CG Blaze

Ugh, can we stay away from HG2 products for this? They're such a low quality brand.

I normally get tired of the whole full-length interior lightbar look, since it's been beaten to hell on almost every unmarked/slicktop car that gets released. However, I think a full bar in front, a full bar in the rear (full red/blue, no amber. not every car needs a TA), HAW's/wig wags, side insert lights, and a pair of grille lights could really do the trick on this.

I feel like something like that would be a happy medium. Not too much, not too minimal, just kinda in between, perfect for fitting in with most departments.

EDIT: Something like the video posted below my posted is what I'm getting at.

Could not have said it better myself.  Not only that fact that HG2 is terrible and personally side runners make me want to vomit but that setup is basically exactly what I was thinking.  My town's PD has a couple slicktop Caprice's, I'll see if I cant get some pics or a video next time I catch one.

You only need to post the link to the video. :P 

Yeah, thanks. I wanted to embed it though, I got it now.  :thumbsup:

This looks pretty bad ass. 

-snip-

Edit: Maybe not that rear set up exactly, but similar.

those are the videos I used to make my clans caprice we'll stop using it when ELS 8 comes up so I might release it if you guys want it its pretty much exact to the video

Edited by XBR410

28e28d75ee.png

those are the videos I used to make my clans caprice we'll stop using it when ELS 8 comes up so I might release it if you guys want it its pretty much exact to the video

Oh my god. please? :P 

want need it in my game. haha.

Edited by Requiem

Any updates on these Caprices? :D

No real big updates I have been doing older projects and local stuff as well.. I did start on my local departments new caprice they just got here's some pictures

http://puu.sh/895lW

http://puu.sh/895nS

http://puu.sh/895qJ

http://puu.sh/895um

note these are still WIPs im sure they will look better

if you guys want I'll release a liberty county version.

model lighting will stay as is though

(Cant embed them as images I guess says its not allowef 'in this community')

vv Links Fixed vv

Edited by XBR410

28e28d75ee.png

The links don't work. 

EDIT: Nevermind, now they do

I do like the model but not the skin. Anyway, good work on these Caprices.

Even though I think that a nice slicktop Caprice / unmarked Caprice would be awesome to have ingame.

Edited by OPPOfficer

[img]http://s7.directupload.net/images/140224/5qotzwi2.jpg[/img]

[color=#000000]Check out my other mods![/color]

[sharedmedia=downloads:files:4477]

The links don't work. 

EDIT: Nevermind, now they do

I do like the model but not the skin. Anyway, good work on these Caprices.

Even though I think that a nice slicktop Caprice / unmarked Caprice would be awesome to have ingame.

I will agree the skin is bland I do think my ENB doesn't quite serve it justice since the pictures are really damn dark I need a new enb I think.. but I love the skins they use irl because they look just like the uniforms

28e28d75ee.png

I'm begging you, please don't make it into a X-mas tree. Please, I really hate X-mas trees.

As for the lightning set up I really like the Nevada Highway Patrol set up with the rambar  :yes: However, if you're making a "detective" kind-of-look then go for a simple Caprice with a light or two in the windshield and in the back, like the LAPD have on their CVPI's? (Slicktop & Detective/unmarked units) -

Look from 0:45, that's really a lightning set up I love, with the steady burn in the front w/ one blue light.

I'm begging you, please don't make it into a X-mas tree. Please, I really hate X-mas trees.

As for the lightning set up I really like the Nevada Highway Patrol set up with the rambar  :yes: However, if you're making a "detective" kind-of-look then go for a simple Caprice with a light or two in the windshield and in the back, like the LAPD have on their CVPI's? (Slicktop & Detective/unmarked units) -

Look from 0:45, that's really a lightning set up I love, with the steady burn in the front w/ one blue light.

I can already tell you he won't do that scarcely on lights on a slicktop model.

I can already tell you he won't do that scarcely on lights on a slicktop model.

Yeah I know, however if he thinks about making a unmarked or detective-like Caprice. That's just my opinion though :smile:

Yeah I know, however if he thinks about making a unmarked or detective-like Caprice. That's just my opinion though :smile:

Oh, I see what you mean now. Yeah, not a bad idea.