Sign in to follow this  
Sonny236

[LCPDFR 1.0b] - Various crashing/cannot call backup.

So i recently installed the newest hotfix (1.0b), and found some problems still persisting...

I cannot call in for backup, it simply crashes my game after a minute or two (They dont even show up on the map, note im using ELS 6.1 because I personally like it better than 7 due to the fact its more stable and the cops can automatically turn off their lights.)

Performing tasks like pulling someone over sometimes will crash me, when I go to the window...same thing with arresting, for example I had somebody run away while handcuffed and once i caught up and called in Prisoner Transport i crashed.

I do have a private modpack installed from a clan a long time ago, it includes a ton of custom skins and cars, the only thing I'm thinking to try is reset the original Compontentpeds.img and vehicles.img. I can deal with default cops but I'm not getting rid of the cars, unless I can find more ELS ones.

Its pretty much what happened when I first got LCPDFR 1.0, almost everything crashes me.

the second major problem is the .ini file for lcpdfr is useless, along with the exe to configure it...sadly it does nothing for me, I tried to set it so PreLoadAllModels was on, and so Ambient/random events were off (I set max to 0), in the ini file and it didnt work. theres still random events which happen way too often regardless of my settings (Police foot pursuits). Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

I've attatched as many log files as I have, as well as my GTA 4 folder showing whats installed, i used manual install and I'm pretty sure i did it correctly.

x12L6ef.png

image.png

Any suggestions?

Edited by Sonny236

Hello,

soory to hear about all the problems you're facing. But I don't I can help you, since none of your issues is LCPDFR related. You can see in the logs that there is no crash from LCPDFR. All I can do is suggest to lower settings for a more stable expierence. About the random events, when setting it to zero, it will still use the random IV foot chases and set them as an event, but no own events will be started.

LMS

Hello,

soory to hear about all the problems you're facing. But I don't I can help you, since none of your issues is LCPDFR related. You can see in the logs that there is no crash from LCPDFR. All I can do is suggest to lower settings for a more stable expierence. About the random events, when setting it to zero, it will still use the random IV foot chases and set them as an event, but no own events will be started.

LMS

Understandable, Thanks anyways.

I re-installed GTA IV and I'm going to test it with very minor modding at all. since that doesnt disable foot chases and such IS there a way to disable them? Because for me at least, they seem to happen VERY frequently (If I join into one, 30 seconds later another spawns in nearby.) Is there any kind of multiplier for it?

Thanks.

Okay, good luck with testing. They are built-in into GTA IV, so there is no way for us to change that. Maybe choose another location where they don't happen so frequently.