API Key

Apparantly the API key page is still broken. I cant use my username/password the installer because it think's I am on a VM (when I am not).

Any suggestions?

The manual way of getting the api key has not been available for a while. The only way currently is through the automatic installer.

Can you post a screenshot of your gta directory for me please?

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

'>

Your entire GTA IV directory is compressed which "could" be why the automatic installed doesn't like it. I'm not entirely sure on that issue though as I've never seen anyone compress a game directory before.

I would suggest decompressing the directory so they are normal again and running the automatic installer again to see if that works (this of course means removing the manual installation)

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

Your entire GTA IV directory is compressed which "could" be why the automatic installed doesn't like it. I'm not entirely sure on that issue though as I've never seen anyone compress a game directory before.

I would suggest decompressing the directory so they are normal again and running the automatic installer again to see if that works (this of course means removing the manual installation)

I doubt that has anything to do with the installer not working, but thanks for pointing that out.  I should uncompress it for other reasons.

My PC does host my lab environment for development I do for work.  Because of the way Hyper-V (the VM host i use) handles it's virtual machines, it forces the host PC to go through some virtual connections to access certain system resources (like my network connection).  This gives the illusion to some poorly written installers that it is being installed on a virtual platform.  Note this is likely due to the wrapper used to make the installer.

Another note on installers while I'm talking about them... It is considered poor form to use exe's as installers.  MSI's are considered best practice these days.

Nevertheless, I'll see if uncompressing does anything for the installer.

Edited by PhillyUrbs

• Management Team

I doubt that has anything to do with the installer not working, but thanks for pointing that out. I should uncompress it for other reasons.

My PC does host my lab environment for development I do for work. Because of the way Hyper-V (the VM host i use) handles it's virtual machines, it forces the host PC to go through some virtual connections to access certain system resources (like my network connection). This gives the illusion to some poorly written installers that it is being installed on a virtual platform. Note this is likely due to the wrapper used to make the installer.

Another note on installers while I'm talking about them... It is considered poor form to use exe's as installers. MSI's are considered best practice these days.

Nevertheless, I'll see if uncompressing does anything for the installer.

The installer is a MSI, with a EXE wrapper that installs dependencies. Also; I don't think using exe's as installers is considered poor form, unless you consider Firefox, Filezilla and a lot of the most used Windows software as having poor form.

The virtual machine check will probably be removed in a future release. You will have to use the manual installer, for which the key generation is not available at this time.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

and what about the 1.0b installer? for me the new updated installer didn't ask for any account information. so now the new installer doesn't even have an option to generate an API key? :S

Use the new LCPDFR Diagnostic Tool.exe in the LCPDFR folder.

To me, it only works in "Advanced Mode" (bottom left flag of the window), otherwise crashes.

Hope it helped =)

Use the new LCPDFR Diagnostic Tool.exe in the LCPDFR folder.

To me, it only works in "Advanced Mode" (bottom left flag of the window), otherwise crashes.

Hope it helped =)

thx it worked :)