Are kids smoking weed younger than ever?

Hey guys, sorry about the terrible grammar in the title but there is a huge problem(to me) in my school. As a kid who's always been interested in LE I hate hearing about kids smoking weed and not being able to anything about about it. Now I''m not a hardass about marijuana, if ur and adult do whatever u like, but the problem is I know kids who have been smoking weed since 7th, 8th grade. I'm in 9th grade now and I'm trying to figure out why kids are smoking this early. I'm not talking about  the kids who tried it to be cool, I know kids who are regular smokers and drinkers, they post pictures and etc. Is school that stressful? Do they mainly do it to try in fit in with the upperclassmen or is it something else? I hate the idea of inhaling any kind of smoke into my lungs because 1. My dad's a cop 2. I enjoy a possible future into LE 3. It seems gross as F***. Anyway thats my rant and it kinda worries me that they are doing it this early.

YouTube:Black Jesus                                                   

Honestly i think this is because they are easily accessible, many people do it and look at how strict regulations have gotten, you cannot hit a kid anymore neither can a teacher which results in these teens taking drugs as they are no longer afraid of authority, they are not scared of their parents anymore or teachers. Many states are starting to legalize it which seems OK to them and plus technology which turned these teens into depressed clusterfucks who cut themselves and do drugs because of bullying.

A. If kids post pictures of them smoking or drinking they are just flat out stupid

B. it may not be school thats stressful, but life. that's stressful on the kids i.e. family issues etc can push a kid to do those sort of things

C. With society lightening up on weed and the perception of weed (which yes is happening) it seems like less of a bad thing to do

entire states have outlawed it on a recreational basis (which doesn't mean kids can buy pot)

28e28d75ee.png

HAVE A QUESTION OR A REQUEST? MESSAGE ME I'M HAPPY TO HELP

A. If kids post pictures of them smoking or drinking they are just flat out stupid

B. it may not be school thats stressful, but life. that's stressful on the kids i.e. family issues etc can push a kid to do those sort of things

C. With society lightening up on weed and the perception of weed (which yes is happening) it seems like less of a bad thing to do

entire states have outlawed it on a recreational basis (which doesn't mean kids can buy pot)

Totally agree with everything you said. Speaking of stupid, my friend's cousin and his friend got arrested for smoking pot in a mall parking garage right by the entrnce with a camera on them the entire time. There"s always at least 1 cop in there and he caught them leaving his shift.

Totally agree with everything you said. Speaking of stupid, my friend's cousin and his friend got arrested for smoking pot in a mall parking garage right by the entrnce with a camera on them the entire time. There"s always at least 1 cop in there and he caught them leaving his shift.

yeah that's retarded, but personally I think alcohol is waaay worse than pot and that's coming from someone who's been around both my entire life, my parents own a liquor store and my friends all smoke pot quite a bit, alcohol is more dangerous than pot and there is No disputing that statement period

(forgot to add that to my last comment)

28e28d75ee.png

I HATE the idea that people think marijuana is "okay" and "good". People don't seem to understand that it IS ILEGALE. I hate what is happening in CO and WA...how they are saying it is "legal" even though the federal govnerment say's it is ILEAGAL. The last thing I need is to come to school every day and deal with "high" kids. I peronally think marijuana should stay ilegal to EVERYONE. Call it what you want but it is still a drug....and drugs are bad.  

yeah that's retarded, but personally I think alcohol is waaay worse than pot and that's coming from someone who's been around both my entire life, my parents own a liquor store and my friends all smoke pot quite a bit, alcohol is more dangerous than pot and there is No disputing that statement period

(forgot to add that to my last comment)

I also think alcohol is worse, but at least less people(in my school) are drinking, I wish they had a better outlet if they have problems tho 

I HATE the idea that people think marijuana is "okay" and "good". People don't seem to understand that it IS ILEGALE. I hate what is happening in CO and WA...how they are saying it is "legal" even though the federal govnerment say's it is ILEAGAL. The last thing I need is to come to school every day and deal with "high" kids. I peronally think marijuana should stay ilegal to EVERYONE. Call it what you want but it is still a drug....and drugs are bad.  

DC is also starting to decriminalize marijuana which is gonna make kids think its even more ok

http://puu.sh/7jwLl.png

http://puu.sh/7jwzP.png

http://puu.sh/7jwJL.png

Obama stating that its important for the legalization of marijuana to go through and stating that his administration (the head of the national government) has given those states the permission to legalize the drug..

Edited by XBR410

28e28d75ee.png

It isn't more dangerous, but it might cause people to try harder drugs in the future

oh man PLEASE don't tell me you believe that bullcrap,

I know ALOT of people who smoke pot I even have at certain times in my life

and it has never made any of my friends family or myself even THINK of going to any other drug

to the point where if I ask people if they have ever thought about it they simply say they are content

with what they have now (pot and alcohol which is still a potent mix (alcohol is potent alone aswell)

the first time I ever heard anyone say that it makes people go to harder stuff it made me want to punch a wall.. its like saying GUNS kill people.. no People kill people and People make Dumb decisions Like smoking meth or shooting heroin don't blame an object just because some idiot decided to try it before trying something that has a pedigree of killing people and ruining lives

28e28d75ee.png

http://puu.sh/7jwLl.png

http://puu.sh/7jwzP.png

http://puu.sh/7jwJL.png

Obama stating that its important for the legalization of marijuana to go through and stating that his administration (the head of the national government) has given those states the permission to legalize the drug..

Yes, but he is a democrat who also used in his younger years. Also democrats are more pro marijuana.

oh man PLEASE don't tell me you believe that bullcrap,

I know ALOT of people who smoke pot I even have at certain times in my life

and it has never made any of my friends family or myself even THINK of going to any other drug

to the point where if I ask people if they have ever thought about it they simply say they are content

with what they have now (pot and alcohol which is still a potent mix (alcohol is potent alone aswell)

the first time I ever heard anyone say that it makes people go to harder stuff it made me want to punch a wall.. its like saying GUNS kill people.. no People kill people and People make Dumb decisions Like smoking meth or shooting heroin don't blame an object just because some idiot decided to try it before trying something that has a pedigree of killing people and ruining lives

lol I kno, I remembered that s*** from D.A.R.E even my dad told me that was BS. I also hate when people place the blame on objects as a way to justify or hide the real reasons for there decisions. 

D.A.R.E had no effect in my school at all. If anything they made the subjects of alcohol and drugs too light with the games and drunk goggles.

Yes, but he is a democrat who also used in his younger years. Also democrats are more pro marijuana.

and the majority of the national government is democrat if im not mistaken.. I was just stating that right now as we speak the national government does not see the legalization of marijuana as unlawful or wrong.

28e28d75ee.png

and the majority of the national government is democrat if im not mistaken.. I was just stating that right now as we speak the national government does not see the legalization of marijuana as unlawful or wrong.

And that right there shows how dumb our government is, if they think legalization is "okay". And what is legalization of marijuana going to do for the U.S....make more jobs in the country? Yeah, more drug dealers. The ONLY good thing i see from legalization is the tax money that it will bring in...But I still hope and prey that North Carolina never makes it legale.

And that right there shows how dumb our government is, if they think legalization is "okay". And what is legalization of marijuana going to do for the U.S....make more jobs in the country? Yeah, more drug dealers. The ONLY good thing i see from legalization is the tax money that it will bring in...But I still hope and prey that North Carolina never makes it legale.

actually not only will it create more jobs and allow the government to regulate it and tax it (which means more money to help towards our debt and other services)

it will guarantee the safety and quality of the drugs, in order to become a dispensary in Washington California or Colorado you have to go through numerous tests licensing processes and so fourth and don't even get me started on the what you need to do to be able to legally grow (need to send weigh data to the government to make sure you aren't skimming and tax you for every Oz of Marijuana you sell to dispensaries.

the legalization of Marijuana allows the FDA to get involved in the selling of marijuana which means no more laced products which can potentially cause harm to your mental state and even physical state..

then also the fact that you cant be criminalized for something as silly as having a bit of pot in your pocket.. (Which Obama had touched on)

may I also remind you of the whole reason why pot was made illegal in the first place? it wasn't because it was a drug it was because the timber companies lobbied to have it illegal because Hemp was used not just as something to smoke but used for Paper and other products which made the timber companies start to lose money did you know that the constitution was written on Hemp paper? (hemp paper is made out of the stems of marijuana)

28e28d75ee.png

lol I kno, I remembered that s*** from D.A.R.E even my dad told me that was BS. I also hate when people place the blame on objects as a way to justify or hide the real reasons for there decisions. 

D.A.R.E had no effect in my school at all. If anything they made the subjects of alcohol and drugs too light with the games and drunk goggles.

IIRC, DARE doesn't qualify for federal funds because the evidence suggests it's counterproductive. For starters, people who smoke pot the first time realize that the "one time and you're hooked" thing they learned in DARE is total bullshit, and so the program then has no credibility.

Part of the risk with relying on the administration not enforcing federal marijuana laws is that it's in no way an official guarantee - a future president, or attorney general, or for that matter a local federal prosecutor, can just decide that your case is special and prosecute you, and there's not a lot you can do about that. If a new president decides to enforce federal marijuana laws, it requires no act of Congress, no official bureaucratic process, no notice period - he's literally just doing his job. For that matter, you could be prosecuted for offenses happening *before* the new policy takes place - the rule against ex post facto laws doesn't apply, as the criminal laws in question predated the crime. It's really risky to rely on a prosecutor's discretion, because it's not in any way a legal guarantee that you won't be criminally charged.

Also, even if the Justice Department isn't prosecuting marijuana trafficking, legal businesses get hit HARD by the IRS - the tax laws specifically say that business expenses incurred as part of the business of buying and selling drugs illegally (under *federal* law) are not deductible. That means that unlike most businesses, marijuana sellers pay taxes on *gross* income, not *net* income [fun fact: other illegal businesses do not have this provision; the general rule is that unless Congress explicitly says so, the tax code does not penalize illegal acts. You have to pay taxes on illegal income, but you can deduct the business costs associated with it - for example, a mafioso could legally deduct bribes from his taxes. The requirement to pay taxes on illegal income is why Capone was nabbed for tax evasion]

That said: The notion that possession and use of marijuana can be illegal at the federal level is stupid. I get restricting trafficking in drugs federally, as markets tend to expand in size, but the whole point of having 50 sovereign states is that states can try their own policies, and see how they work. Right now, Colorado and Washington can show other states what would happen if marijuana is legal; other states can then adjust their laws accordingly.

@XBR The hemp thing smacks of total bullshit; pot was banned at the same time as a whole lot of other recreational drugs. While I agree with most of your post, the notion that the whole thing is because hemp is *so great* doesn't match up with the history (where marijuana was already considered a recreational drug, and was banned with other such drugs).

I seriously think these kids are retarded, just plain retarded. Listening to Lil Wayne(idk if spellt correctly) and smoking marijuana. WTF, this generation of kids is screwed up. I see people who have smoked for years and where are they now? Dead. I don't know, I personally think living in hell would be better than this world.

Edited by OfficerLund

Sadly there too stupid! Some of them, but not all.

They're not there..

28e28d75ee.png