OfficerSV

Need a very simple Ped mod that is easy to do.

I need someone to make a ped mod of the traffic cop file and make them wear combat boots,like the picture,can someone do that?I believe there are already models in the game that wear boots,so I guess it should be simple?

505144-l.jpg

Or if nobody us up to the job can you tell me what program I need to do it myself?

il make this mod !, my country police use same boots and dark-blue pants too. I gonna atach Holster and pistol taurus pt 24/7 in ped legs...

If you get paint.net , you would be able do what you want!

correction: If you get 3d max , you would be able do what you want!

Edited by kadu

il make this mod !, my country police use same boots and dark-blue pants too. I gonna atach Holster and pistol taurus pt 24/7 in ped legs...

correction: If you get 3d max , you would be able do what you want!

CORRECTION: He doesnt need to learn 3d max to change a boot texture sorry!

CORRECTION: He doesnt need to learn 3d max to change a boot texture sorry!

Correction: I dont know how to use 3ds max (i just use 3ds max to rig peds) , i make models in zmodeler. and if you want realistic mods use 3ds max.

To make it clear so we don't get mistakes,I want somebody to edit the model of this cop model(it is named m_y_cop_traffic) so the model has boots that looks like the noose model boots,not pants,not upper body,just the shoes.

2q8106b.jpg

To make it clear so we don't get mistakes,I want somebody to edit the model of this cop model(it is named m_y_cop_traffic) so the model has boots that looks like the noose model boots,not pants,not upper body,just the shoes.

2q8106b.jpg

Somebody may correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can easily edit those files.

The reasoning is because the peds as I know, have an invisible model, with 2D photos places over them, to create the illusion of a 3D figure. The noose boots are most likely a completely different model, and you couldn't transfer the model textures itself over, as you'd be putting a completely different texture on something not designed for it. You'd have to make a new character from scratch. 

Edited by Mr.Quiggles

actually it would be the same as attaching an object to a ped. for example attaching the swat leg holster to a another ped. The only issue is how the bottom of the pants are made. you would have to edit it so that the boots fit over the pants legs without it extruding out.

I know enough to know that a simple editing of the wireframe of the model can make the legs look like they are boots,then you just edit the texture file with windows paint to give a new texture and that should do it.

I don't know how to edit the model.I have experience with Google Sketchup and Deep Exploration but both of those programs can't open this kind of file.

He asked for a ped mod, to add boots to the traffic cop!

Then show me how you can add completely new boots to a ped with paint.NET only, I will be amazed if you're able to pull it off without editing the model.

Then show me how you can add completely new boots to a ped with paint.NET only, I will be amazed if you're able to pull it off without editing the model.

Technically speaking i can, all i have to do is retexture the boots that are already there, then texture the top of the boot onto the bottom of the pants. Then there you go you have mid high boots. I can also use textures from the noose peds because they already have these type of boots. It wont look perfect, but it is fulfilling. Now if you wanted to actually remodel the legs and boots im shure you can do that as well. But obviously since you dont have any ped mods or any type of mods that i see as of now available to this community not gta iv mods, i highly doubt you will contribute anything to his request!

Edited by 1997chevyboy

Technically speaking i can, all i have to do is retexture the boots that are already there, then texture the top of the boot onto the bottom of the pants. Then there you go you have mid high boots. I can also use textures from the noose peds because they already have these type of boots. It wont look perfect, but it is fulfilling. Now if you wanted to actually remodel the legs and boots im shure you can do that as well. But obviously since you dont have any ped mods or any type of mods that i see as of now available to this community not gta iv mods, i highly doubt you will contribute anything to his request!

Yea, it would look really great to extend boots by using a texture on the pants /sarcasm.

That is obviously NOT what OP was requesting. That would just look silly. You need to add new MODELS of boots to give it the proper look, that's a fact, don't act like it isn't true. And you should better look up my past mods matey mate, cause right now you seem like the one who doesn't really know what he's talking about.

Yea, it would look really great to extend boots by using a texture on the pants /sarcasm.

That is obviously NOT what OP was requesting. That would just look silly. You need to add new MODELS of boots to give it the proper look, that's a fact, don't act like it isn't true. And you should better look up my past mods matey mate, cause right now you seem like the one who doesn't really know what he's talking about.

Lets talk present not past matey!

Lets talk present not past matey!

That's all you have to say. Oh well. It's all about reading, someone has already said he will do it, so why would I have to waste my time doing this? Next time, think->post, thanks :)

Edited by SkylineGTRFreak

Actually it will be really helpful if someone would tell me what program I need to open the .wdd model so I can do this myself.

Next time, think->post, thanks :)

Im shure you will next time, but in the mean time im not here to make enemies and im shure neither are you!

Actually it will be really helpful if someone would tell me what program I need to open the .wdd model so I can do this myself.

Hello officer , to open a .wdd file you need first to extract it ( w/ OpenIV ) as a .odd file ( because .wdd file can't be read ) and then edit it as a text ..

Hello officer , to open a .wdd file you need first to extract it ( w/ OpenIV ) as a .odd file ( because .wdd file can't be read ) and then edit it as a text ..

OK I got OpenIV and I figured out how to edit the model.I think I got it and the cop will have boots now.But how do I get the ODD file back to a WDD and import it in the game?

Edited by Officer Sven

But obviously since you dont have any ped mods or any type of mods that i see as of now available to this community not gta iv mods, i highly doubt you will contribute anything to his request!

Ahem...http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/author/153241 you were saying?

Edited by CrossFire

The text file that you edited need to get back in OpenIV , so to do that , open OpenIV , get into edit mode , go into new > Import odd file , and then import the file you've edited and check if it's alright

THIS THREAD IS OVER,I DID IT MYSELF,TOOK ME LIKE 30 MINS.DISREGARD.

Untitled.png

Edited by Officer Sven

Doesnt look like LCPDFR.com now does it?

You never said the mods HAD to be on LCPDFR, you said any mods of any kind. (Which he has 120 of)

Edited by CrossFire