HulaRula

ELS Not displaying properly - ZModerler 2.2.4.

Hey,

So I've followed a tutorial by, Hlsavior from the tutorial section and I've ran in to quite a few problems. 

My first car, just didn't work. The lights would light up.

My second car, worked fine after I added the W/ Edge (different to my first car) which worked fine.

I then tried a third car, which I added the same W/ Edge and 3 Dominators. 

I had the error of when you're exporting your vehicle you have 2 files named the same, I changed all of these so they all numbered: 'extra_1', 'extra_2' ect. Once I managed to get rid of all those annoying errors, I put my vehicle in the game, it loaded fine, however, when I got into the vehicle, the dominators were just a static on, and my edge was only half lighting up, I also noticed the bloom from the headlights were also a foot or so away from the actual head lights them selves.

I've added some pictures to help in case my explanation wasn't great.

Also, I don't understand mapping, don't know if I have to do it (It didn't say I had to in the in the tut) and I also didn't make any 'dummies' - I don't even know what they do.

If someone could identify the problem then tell me where I could find a solution that would be more then great, 

Thanks.

Edited by Tozza

You have extras which go past 9. This isn't supported by the game's engine. ELS only makes use of the game's 1-9 extras. You have to attach them together rather than make a new extra for every light there is on the car.

I'm guessing this is done with the attach tool?

How do I know which ones to attach and is that the reason for all the problems?

Thanks for the reply btw.

I'm guessing this is done with the attach tool?

How do I know which ones to attach and is that the reason for all the problems?

Thanks for the reply btw.

Hello Tozza,

This should help you with your ELS attaching question.

Hello Tozza,

This should help you with your ELS attaching question.

Thanks for the reply. 

I've had a look at his guide however, I'm still currently too newbie to understand it!

Which lights do I pair together, and what is a 'Dummie'? (The irony).

Edited by Tozza

Thanks for the reply. 

I've had a look at his guide however, I'm still currently too newbie to understand it!

Which lights do I pair together, and what is a 'Dummie'? (The irony).

A dummy is used to tell Gta 4 where an object or light or door is, etc. Dummies are blue boxes you see in Zmod.

Dummies are important when making ELS lights from scratch. But in your case don't pay them any attention.

Refer to this tut for help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9BOEQWFrvQ#t=0

I've figured my problem. The reason the dominators weren't working was because they were made for advanced users who know how to map and apparently, they didn't come mapped. The W/ Edge was only half working as the other lights on it exceeded the 9 extras.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated! 

I've figured my problem. The reason the dominators weren't working was because they were made for advanced users who know how to map and apparently, they didn't come mapped. The W/ Edge was only half working as the other lights on it exceeded the 9 extras.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated! 

Glad I could help man!